z

Young Writers Society

Nigerian Youths, Get Busy!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:46 pm
odeday says...

As Nigerian youths, we have been through a good number of situations, favorable or unfavorable. This has resulted in various cries and wails, ranging from lack of employment opportunities, to lack of basic social amenities, to poor health care delivery and so on.
Yes, these problems are there, is there only one solution (government) to this problem? I do not believe so and my opinion is deeply rooted in the fact that Nigeria should be rich not by her oil deposit alone, but largely by the strength and abilities of her human resources which should result in evolving business enterprises and more comfort for everybody. We are strong, agile, sharp, clever, smart, learned and creative.
If Nigerian students could originate ‘yahoo-yahoo’ just to live large, then Nigeria has the resources to take the internet by storm. If a group of Nigerians could manufacture a police armored carrier here in Nigeria, then Nigeria has the human capital in excess to take the world of technology by storm.
Let us maturate our talents, our skills, our strengths, our creativities and put them to good use, because it is high time we seized the world. In the area of business, in technology, in the arts, the sciences etc, it is time we take over.
It is only when we get busy, that we can pull resources together and authoritatively decide who leads our nation, and disallow those corrupt political leaders from reducing us to thugs and securing our collective future for the individuality of their children.
We must get busy because the time to save Nigeria is now!

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:49 pm
paperbackheart says...

I like the fire in your writing. I feel like I can hear your voice yelling at people to get motivated. However I have no clue what Nigerians have been through, so it would be useful to include a few examples of situations. Also, I think that you should make your ideas on how to fix Nigeria more clear in the middle paragraphs. It was hard to comprehend in those paragraphs. Overall, besides a few grammatical errors, it captures your zeal for rebuilding Nigeria.
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:56 pm
XxMattxX says...

Well.I'm a Nigerian.. but i haven't really heard of anything bad going on.
There was a president change, wasn't there?
Anyhow.. as said above, I can see your zeal and passion for whatever may be going on, but some examples would be nice.
Just to make your audience feel what you feel, hear what you hear, and see what you see(in a sense).
Instead of it seeming like you are just yelling at them or giving an overly emotional lecture.
But good job!
Keep writing!

-----------------------------
-jojo.
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate