z

Young Writers Society

5 Reasons Transvestites Are Better Than Everyone

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 am
Razcoon says...

WARNING:  IF YOU CAN READ THIS, KUDOS!! YOU MAY BE OFFENDED BY THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE OF THE MALE AND/OR FEMALE SPECIES.

Rated 12+ for I do not swear much

Versitility.

Boys, how many times have you opened your closet to see those few shirts that look too girly and thought to yourself, "I guess I have enough time to put on my makeup."? Girls, how many times have you forgotten to shave your legs and decided, "I guess I'll be a man today."? None, I'm betting. Unless you're part of the wonderful, intriguing, versatile people known as "transvestites".

A transvestite is someone who tends to dress and act like the opposite gender. Example: Michael Jackson must have been a transvestite. Transvestites have the distinct assets of both men and women. That means they could love and obsess over CoD, while still having an inexplicable attraction to shiny objects. It may not make much sense when put into perspective, but it's undeniably awesome.

Transvestites can't be sexist.

They can't be freaked out by transvestites, either. Seriously though, imagine it. If you're a girl or a guy who tends to dress and act like the other, which one are you going to bag on? The one that you are, or the one that you sometimes are? It's senseless and hypocritical either way. Maybe I'm not being fair - even if you act like your own gender, sexism tends to be senseless and hypocritical. However, it's more so with transvestites. Same deal with homophobia, too - it's a major no no. It just doesn't happen. Period.

They can advise both men and women - and do it better.

If you need to talk to someone who has experience with both men and women, what better person to go to than a transvestite? Not only do they likely have experience with both, but they pretty much are both. They'd be able to advise everyone, and advise them well. When a man comes with his lady problems, or vice versa, a transvestite would be able to offer two perspectives. They know how men think, and they know how women think. They really would make great counselors.

Looks can go either way.

No time to shower in the morning? It's a man day! Woke up with great hair? It's a girl day! Nothing can visually affect a transvestite; they'll just be the gender better suited to how they look that day. They're like those sweaters with the two sided zipper and a different style on the inside. It's a beautiful, remarkable thing, how interchangeable transvestites can be.

Transvestites are a mystery.

Nobody knows where they came from, and nobody knows where they'll go. However I do know that their undying devotion to the King of Pop is moving, and I know that I, as a woman, will never be able to live up to the wonderful ways of the transvestite.

[Just to clarify, no, I am not a transvestite.]

This topic is inspired by:  Thing One and Thing Two

Corrections in blue!
Last edited by Razcoon on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:19 am
TheWalkinDude says...

... Give me a moment to compose myself...

Egh-erm... This is quite simply the BEST thing I have ever read on YWS. I loved this! Mostly because I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. Honestly, this is written very well and approaches a valid point about the transvestite gender. But that's what makes it so funny! Well, at least to me. I think this is simply amazing and you should be mightily proud of writing it, whether you wrote it for actuality or comedy (I, personally, would have wrote something like this kind of in between). My favorite part is the versatility part. I just thought that part was great.
I'm striving to be the Architect of the Apocalypse, Master of the Massacre, Ruler of the Rapture, and the Führer of the Fatal.

"It is the tale, not he who tells it." --Stephen King

Take THAT, society!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 am
delmarria says...

Oh I loved this! Like the above reviewer said, it's sort of serious and funny at the same time. It's a little one-sided though, and if you want this to be more serious (for a magazine, as an example) you may want a different tone and change the questions to statements. I'm not sure about the overall purpose ( to be serious or not), but it's all up to you.
The only things I would change would be the typos
Moreso
and some other typo in the same paragraph.

Otherwise, it's very good. Keep writing!!!
Oh, yes, that's her again. HIDE. NOW.

114 Reviews

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 am
Razcoon says...

Thanks guys! Delmarria, first off, welcome to the site! Second, I found the two typos, so thank you again. I hate typos with a burning passion. xD I typed this with my itouch, too. I was trying to be funny, and at the same time make some valid points for the two users who posted the things I linked at the end. I also sort of wanted to give an example of how they could have made theirs more funny and less sexist by making fun of both genders a bit, and completely counter the subject with some valid points.
Ideas don't stay in heads very long because they don't like solitary confinement.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:59 pm
Aet Lindling says...

RazHuni wrote:Error was right on another account, too. It would be very immature to write a counter article in response to this. Also, hypothetically, if this in itself WAS a counter article, to something like...oh, I don't know... THIS, in which I favored the male side, that would also be very, very immature of you. Hypothetically. >.>

sauce: post797449.html

Fail.

Oh, and you managed to insult transvestites at the same time as being a hypocrite.

~Aet "the internet is for lulz" Lindling
dun worry
it's all gun be k

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:04 pm
LastPaladin says...

Aet Lindling wrote:
RazHuni wrote:Error was right on another account, too. It would be very immature to write a counter article in response to this. Also, hypothetically, if this in itself WAS a counter article, to something like...oh, I don't know... THIS, in which I favored the male side, that would also be very, very immature of you. Hypothetically. >.>

sauce: post797449.html

Fail.

Oh, and you managed to insult transvestites at the same time as being a hypocrite.

~Aet "the internet is for lulz" Lindling

It's called a little fun. And it's meant to comically insult both sexes. I think she did much better than either of them. This I found to achieve that. Also insulting the person you review, isn't good etiquette.

Here I thought this couldn't annoy anyone.

Lastly good job Annie, I think other than this comment you've achieved your point.
You poor take courage
You rich take care
This earth was made a common treasury
For everyone to share
All things in common
All people one
We come in peace
The orders came to cut them down

Billy Bragg - The World Turned Upside Down

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm
Quetseli says...

This made me smile. :P Like everyone else, it was a serious and funny post. This is the first argument that I read that really didn't make (most) people mad and try to counter. You do make some valid points and they make sense to the reader, which I like. :]
In truth, transvestite used (USED!!!) to freak me out because it was so strange seeing someone dressing up as the opposite sex and if you had to talk to them, you didn't want to offend them by saying the wrong thing (like sir or miss). Now I just see them more as the public then trying to make them seem like some new species. Your points here might remind me that there is no need to worry when I have to talk to them because maybe they want to be recognized as the other sex. Good job!
And I vow oath to this creed and all who are within it, to protect and value them all.
-Altorian Guard Recruit Ceremony

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 pm
Button says...

This was freakin' awesome. Hilarious.
I don't really have a real review for you- sorry. This was just amazing. I love the humor, and it's actually all extremely logical if you think about it. You might think of even lengthening on this a bit- I think you can get a bit more out of it. :)

Great job. :)

-Coral-

114 Reviews

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm
View Likes
Razcoon says...

Aet, Vern is absolutely right. You don't insult the person you review, and by comically insulting both sexes, this shouldn't bother you.
Vern, glad you like it!
Everyone else, thanks so much!

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:53 am
Kale says...

I was trying to be funny, and at the same time make some valid points for the two users who posted the things I linked at the end. I also sort of wanted to give an example of how they could have made theirs more funny and less sexist by making fun of both genders a bit, and completely counter the subject with some valid points.

In some ways, you succeeded. In others, you failed miserably.

You did well in being over-the-top and playing with gender stereotypes, but at the same time, you played those stereotypes too straight. As a result, while you make fun of the male and female genders, you shoehorn transvestites into even more stereotypical roles and trivialize their way of life.

I cross-dress myself on occasion, and I know a fair number of transvestites, and if they were to read this, most of them would be extremely offended and outraged. Many transvestites believe that they were born the wrong sex, that they are not themselves while adhering to societal gender roles, and that one of the genders is their "true" gender. Most are constantly plagued with doubts and fears of discrimination, much like homosexuals, and many keep their transvestite habits secret from even their closest and most trusted loved ones. And even though they act or dress or otherwise become the gender they believe they were meant to be, they battle constant guilt that they're doing something frowned upon and hiding it from others, and also fear that they will be discovered; wearing the clothing of the opposite gender is not a trivial matter that they decide to do on a whim.

But unlike homosexuality, transvestites do not have the benefit of widespread publicity and campaigns that focus on making the transvestite a part of the accepted mainstream. And before you counter that the growing acceptance of homosexuality results in transvestites becoming more accepted as many homosexuals are transvestites, you should know that transvestites generally do not consider themselves homosexuals. Because they believe they were born to the wrong gender, sexual orientation is generally relative to their believed gender, else physical sex.

It never hurts to do in-depth research on the demographics you include in a piece, especially when including such a marginalized, and often ridiculed, demographic.

In short, this piece trivializes transvestites as a joke, which is an extremely pervasive and pernicious stereotype.

That said, as far as male and female gender stereotypes were concerned, you did a good job. It's obvious from the over-the-top tone that this piece isn't meant to be taken seriously by either gender.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:00 am
Kiicoh says...

I didn't even need to read half of this to know that this piece is horrid, steriotypical, and insulting. Don't continue writing, for the sake of everyone else, please.
"It was Cinco de Mayo
Pillow case on his head
No more breathing time
An ambulance sped
It sped round every corner
Calling out his name."
"Lemonade"- Cocorosie

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:40 am
TheWalkinDude says...

I'm editing this for content, being that it went outside the guidelines of a review.
Last edited by TheWalkinDude on Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm striving to be the Architect of the Apocalypse, Master of the Massacre, Ruler of the Rapture, and the Führer of the Fatal.

"It is the tale, not he who tells it." --Stephen King

Take THAT, society!

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:44 am
Hecate says...

Great job, RazHuni!
Hahaha :D I loved it! It's hilarious. Definitely a compromise between the two, as you said ;)
Gosh, these things cause a lot of controversy, no?
Loved it :D You're obviously good at writing comedy :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:42 am
NepoGirl says...

Why does this have so many like when almost all the reviews say that this sucks? I'm just curious...

Lots of :?:, Nepo!
This Months Disney Film: Beauty And The Beast

~Is It Wrong That I Find The Beast More Attractive As An Actual Beast Then His Human Prince Form?

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 am
Renn says...

This really brought more thought into a subject that nobody wants to think about. :) So kudos, you should write more. This was awsome!
'Evil exists in all of us Torak. Some fight it. Some feed it. That is how it has always been.'

"There is always a choice," said Torak, and he backed off the cliff.

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone