z

Young Writers Society

A long time ago I was a dreamy girl

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:04 am
smitshagirl says...

The dream is a strong word. It is the power of changing each simple detail according to our wishes and hopes. The dream is a simple word, but with a deep meaning. This meaning is very clear when you lose one of your dreams, or when you lose the ability to dream. Then the difference is obvious. When you feel that there is something different inside you, that you are not the same person and that the dream has a large place in your life, especially that place inside.
The dream is the ability of creating new things and trying to mix their colors with those of the real life. The dream is to have a place to go when you are totally lost, is to give yourself a chance to get the best of this world. Yes, this chance, it can be a big or small, it is up to you. You are the one who makes your chance and you are the one to kill it, too. You make your chance whenever you believe in you, in your capacities and especially when you believe in your dreams. Because of your dreams you get the power to affront every single obstacle. They make you a better dreamer.
A better dreamer means that you can't let down your dreams or forget about them. A better dreamer would do his best to defend his dreams. You can kill your chance, too. You kill it whenever you find yourself unable to keep defending your dreams, when you can’t even remember dreaming those dreams and when you lose to feel the world witch hugs you whenever you feel tired, whenever you feel like crying or have had a bad day. Many things can kill the dreams and the chance to keep your dreams.
Nobody I know wants to kill his own dream. Nobody I know wants to lose the happiness that a dream gives to his life. No one can imagine that he will be obliged to forget about his dreams. I never thought that it hurts that much.
A dream stays always a dream, but for me and for many others, a dream is a life. It is not just a dream; it is a way of thinking and living. So, for us, if we let it down, then we let down a whole life. I don’t think that I’m ready to give up on my life. I can’t because we do have one life, one dream, and one reality that should go with our dream. If not, then it is not impossible to make it goes with it. I‘ll make my best to survive. I’ll do the impossible to stay alive. I’ll make my star, reach the sky and touch the moon. I believe that I can do it. I know it is very hard to realize that there are so many problems, but as I know that my DEAR GOD is always here with me and that nothing can make me weak except losing faith.
So with all that, now I am sure that I’m ready to affront the real life without being afraid of what the reality with its problems and darkness can do to my dream world. As I said, I was a dreamy girl, I am and I will be for ever. Reality is ready to give my dream world a place, only if I stand up for it and only if I start this war with a strong heart full of faith. A brave heart, who wants to win even if he lost a game, a heart with a pure spirit strong enough to get back and learn from his own mistakes, this heart is beating just to see the dream coming true. When it stops, please let me know because then I will lose my dream.
Last edited by smitshagirl on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:33 am
PinkViper says...

Hello, welcome to YWS! I'm Bella and I will do my best to review your piece. I'm fairly new at this, so bear with me. Corrections are written in red.

smitshagirl wrote:The dream, a strong word witch which means the power of changing each simple detail according to our wishes & just use "and" here hopes. The dream is a simple word insert comma but with a deep meaning. This meaning is very clear when you lose one of your dreams comma or when you lose the ability to dream. Then the difference is obvious. When you feel that there is something different inside you, that you are not the same person & and that the dream has a large place in your life, especially, no comma needed that place inside.
The dream is the ability of creating new things & and trying to mix their colors with those of the real life. The dream is to have a place to go when you are totally lost, is to give yourself a chance to get the best of this world. Yes comma this chance comma it can be a big or little comma it is up to you. Instead of saying "big or little", how about "large or small"? It sounds more appealing that way. You are the one who makes your chance & andyou are the one to kill it comma too. You make your chance whenever you believed I'm not sure if you meant for the "d" to go there but it doesn't sound right to me in you, in your capacities and especially when you believe in your dreams. Because of your dreams you get the power to affront every single obstacle. They make you a better dreamer.
A better dreamer means that u you couldn’t can't? let down your dreams or forget about them. A better dreamer would do his best to defend his dreams. You can kill your chance comma too. You kill it whenever you find yourself unable to keep defending your dreams, when you can’t even remember dreaming those dreams & and when you lose to feel the world witch hugs you whenever you felt feeltired, whenever you felt feel like crying or having have had a bad day. Many things can kill the dreams & and the chance to keep your dreams.
Nobody I know wants to kill his own dream. Nobody I know wants to lose the happiness that a dream gives to his life. No one could can imagine that he will be obliged to forget about his dreams. I never thought that it hurts that much.
A dream stays always a dream, but for me and for many others comma a dream is a life. It is not just a dream; it is a way of thinking and living. So, for us comma if we let it down comma then we let down a whole life. I don’t think that I’m ready to give up on my life. I can’t because we do have one life, one dream comma & andone reality that should go with our dream. If not, then it is not impossible to make it goes with it. This sentence really confused me. Just simply say what you mean here. I‘ll make my best to survive. I’ll do the impossible to stay a life. "alive" is the word you're looking for I’ll make my star comma reach the sky & and touch the moon. I believe that I can do it. I know it is very hard to realize that there are so many problems comma but as I know that my DEAR GOD is always here with me and that nothing can make me weak except losing faith comma even the biggest problem in this world. This is a run-on sentence. Break it up a bit.
So with all that, now I am sure that I’m ready to affront the real life without being afraid of what the reality with its problems & and darkness can do to my dream world. As I said comma I was a dreamy girl, I am & and I will be for ever. Reality is ready to give my dream world a place comma only if I stand up for it & and only if I start this war with a strong heart full of faith. A brave heart, who wants to win even if he lost a game, a heart with a pure spirit strong enough to get back and learn from his own mistakes, this heart is beating just to see the dream coming true. When it stops comma please make instead of "make" use "let" me know because then I will lose my dream .

Overall, I found this a very interesting read. I agree with the thoughts explained, because I, too, have dreams. Just wondering, did you just kind of think about this and write it down? Or was it a school essay? Because it was very deep and thoughtful.

As you can see, I got very nit picky. Yes, I am a big grammar nazi. I corrected all the mistakes I found.

One problem you have here is run-on sentences. Try to break them up into separate sentences, because it can be hard to tell what you are saying. Say what you mean, mean what you say ;)

Also, you shouldn't use the & symbol in substitution for "and". It was like you didn't have time for the poor little word. Besides, it just looks better to the reader.

Interesting piece, very deep. Glad I could help you out!

~Bella
CiNeMa BiZaRrE <3

Random avatar

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:57 am
smitshagirl says...

Thank you Bella :)
I'm glad that you enjoyed reading my text .By the way it was not a school essay . I was feeling that , so I've tried to express my feelings . also,thank you for reminding me about the "&" . I forgot about it while copieng my text and yes I agree with you about the run-on sentences.I think I must work on this .

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 pm
sugarchica says...

Nice Job Girl :)

Random avatar

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 pm
smitshagirl says...

Thank you Sugarchica glad that you like it :)

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling