z

Young Writers Society

Ginger-Mania?

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:30 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Okay, so I have no problems with ginger people, or being ginger for that matter, but it gets boring after a while when people keep reminding you of the fact. This may not happen in places like America or France, but over her in England it is becoming a regular occurrence.

For example, I can walk down the street one day and will be passed by a group of people - most of whom are chavs - and be guaranteed that if they are my age, or slightly older/younger, the word "GINGER" will be shouted at me. Another thing that may happen is the presence of a crude comment about my pubic hair colour. It may sound stupid, but it's true.

Now, for me, it doesn't bother me too much - as you can imagine, if you have lived with it all your life, it becomes a part of your daily routine. But once in a while, when I've had a bad day or I'm feeling comical - and that's quite a lot - I shoot a comeback at them. These will include things like; "so's your face" and "very observant", but I often have 'off days'. This means that my comebacks are... how would you put this... gosh darn terrible. Such as; "yeah you walk away", taking into account that this is when they are passing by.

Sometimes, I cannot think of a comeback quick enough - I'm sure you all know how that feels. So I'll be walking away and then about five minutes later, it'll come to me and I will curse myself. It annoys me so much, but just hearing the comeback, makes me giggle.

But, everything changes when your family turn upon you and ask that one question, that - ignoring scientifically - cannot be answered. The fatal blow to the innocent ginger patron;

"Lizzy, why are you ginger?"

Oh yes, the mother of all questions that cannot be answered as a whole. So when this happens, I merely say;

"It's a glitch in the DNA."

Then continue with what I'm doing. So, next time you pass a ginger person and feel the need to remind them of their hair colour or even pubic colour, take this into account. We can turn into raging balls of quick witted ginger-ness.

I am Trevor MacDonald and you have been reading Ginger-Mania? <--- You wont get this if you're not British ^^
Last edited by GingerLizzy on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

461 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:35 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Uhm.. yeah and I've posted it in the wrong place...

My god.. I'm having a bad day..

Sorry

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:43 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Ah yes, I see what you mean; hardly a writing tip, is it! :wink:

But, consider it...

*moved*
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:58 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

*Moved to Non-fiction*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:21 am
Twit says...

Pretty cool! :) I've never had trouble like this, being safely brown haired, but it was well writ and all.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:15 am
Knurla says...

I'm a "ginger kid" too, and I know what you mean.

I have to think of those quick comebacks too, and sometimes they are crappy, like you said.
Formerly known as AmberAngst

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:59 am
Evangelina says...

What is a ginger? I seriously thought that when I would read this story it would be about stalks of the root.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:29 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Um....what? How is red hair a "public offense" or whatever? What is this? What is the Answer?! (42!) How often do you brush your teeth? HOW DOES ONE FIND AN ARGLESNARKLE?!

About the first three of these questions are actually relevant.

In short, I am muchly confused. :D Try clarifying it for the brunettes in the U.S., if you don't mind. I couldn't draw much from this. >->"
ohmeohmy

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:14 am
Pushca says...

Baroness Ink wrote:Try clarifying it for the brunettes in the U.S., if you don't mind. I couldn't draw much from this. >->"

Seconded.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:22 am
Emma says...

Scotland is even worse. Ohhh, the names we come up with for this one girl. It's a shame. But she's a hoe and deserves everything she gets.

But personally I love the ginger hair. It's so fiery and beautiful. But when they cover it up; that is when it becomes an issue. And we like to remind this girl that she hasn't got black hair... She's a ginger. And those roots of gingerness in her long mane of black hair disturbs me, but also makes me pishhh myself. Such a shame... (:

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:03 pm
EmiSukotto16 says...

I live with two ginger-haired people. One being my mom and the other being my brother. I mostly get criticism for my blonde hair. They ask me the question, also, only it goes: "How the heck did you come to be blonde?"

And with a brunette father, ginger mother, and bruntette and ginger granparents on both sides, I honestly can't answer that...
Llama 1:"Shh! Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness."
Llama 2:"That's the sound of people drowning, Carl!"
Llama 1:"That is what forgiveness sounds like; screaming and then silence."

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:25 pm
Swottielottie says...

I understand you Lizzy. My brothers ginger and everyone asks how he came to be ginger because me my mum and dad are all
brunettes. I'm sick of people taking the mick out of gingers. And they are so unoriginal.
Its either, carrot top or ginger nut.
Lets start a Ginger rebellion!
wait, I can't I'm a brunette!
(sorry for this random post)
Charlotte

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:32 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Lizzy, i have been with you when you have recieved such comments, and they are all the same aren't they.

I think this is a very British piece of writing hehe i know what you mean and all..

Trevor MacDonald? Since when have you been him!?
Have i been hanging around with Trevor all this time without knowing...

Jesus Tapdancing Christ o_0

461 Reviews

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:34 pm
GingerLizzy says...

xD Sarah you are a silly goose.
Of course I am Sir Trevor MacDonald..
In spirit and mind anyway

Everyone seems to like this piece...
And can relate to it in many ways,
Although I'm sorry to those who cannot understand a word.
I have to admit, it is a very British piece of writing, as Sarah pointed out.

Thanks for your reviews anyhoo ^^

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:58 pm
Rydia says...

Hehe. I think this is just what I needed to read today actually. I've been having one of those bad days myself but I found this rather amusing, especially that last comment. And yes, I am British and sort of ginger. I say sort of because it's brunette with natural red and ginger streaks so closer to a dark auburn but I still get the bullying over it. Or at least I used to. As you get older, people are more willing to admit that they don't mind ginger hair and I actually know one boy who's obsessed with it. Anyway, a good choice of subject and it was well written but I did catch one typo -

It sound stupid, but it's true. [Should be either 'It may sound stupid, but it's true' or 'It sounds stupid, but it's true']
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn