z

Young Writers Society

is there any cause greater than romantic love

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:06 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I had to awnser a question for history it was is there any cause greater than romantic love. We had to realte it to the movie Casa Blanca, well i didn't.

There is not any cause greater than romantic love. In Phantom of the Opera all of the Phantom’s descions are based on his “love” for Christine. But as the story develops the Phantom’s “love” for Christine develops into an obsession and the Phantom becomes a stalker, and in the end he was willing to kill to get Christine to marry him. In Phantom of the Opera the phantom is like a spider’s web and Christine is like a fly. Christine like a fly was lured into the phantom’s web, and the harder she tried to get out of the phantom’s web the more tangled up in the Phantom’s web Christine got. Christine was first lured into the Phantom’s web was after the gala when Christine was in her dressing room and the Phantom was singing to her through the mirror and calling her to the his lair. Then when Christine got caught in the Phantom’s web was when Christine chooses to come with the Phantom down to his lair. The Phantom started to become obsessed with Christine is when he wanted to “help” further Christine’s career by having Christine play the Countess in Ill Muto. But when Carlotta plays the countess the Phantom gets mad and puts something in the spray for Carlotta’s throat so she can not sing and Christine will have to sing. On the roof of the Opera Populaire when Raoul and Christine sing their duet “All I Ask of You” and then kiss while the Phantom is watching. That is when the Phantom realizes that Christine truly loves Raoul not him. Also that if the Phantom wants Christine to love him the Phantom has to get rid of Raoul. When Christine goes to the cemetery and Raoul and the Phantom get in a sword fight is the Phantom’s failed attempt to get rid of Raoul and the Phantom crosses over from the “Angel of Music” to the “Angel of Darkness”. Then when the Phantom has the Opera Populaire’s huge beautiful chandelier, that uses candles for lighting, come crashing down setting the Opera Populaire ablaze hopefully killing Raoul, but it does not. Also the chandelier come crashing down also says that you have not been following my orders and the Opera Populaire is not yours it is mine. Then the Phantom takes Christine down to his lair, and Raoul walks in and is going to hang Raoul. The Phantom then says “start a new life with me- buy his freedom with your love! Refuse me, and you send your lover to his death! This is the choice- This is the point of no return!” Christine then chooses the Phantom, because she truly loves Raoul and wants to save Raoul’s life and choosing the Phantom is the only life. When Christine kisses the Phantom that is when the Phantom realizes that Christine could never return the same feelings that the Phantom felt for Christine and that Christine’s one true love is Raoul. Also that Christine selflessly was basically giving away her whole life to live underground with the Phantom to save her one true love Raoul’s life and that was true romantic love. In Phantom of the Opera Christine became tangled up in the Phantom’s web and the whole cause of the ordeal of the Phantom of the Opera was romantic love. The Phantom thought his one true love and they were meant for each other was Christine, but they were not meant for each other. It was Christine and Raoul who were meant for each other. That is why I feel that there is no cause greater than romantic love.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:54 am
filmcanister says...

well, where does one draw the line between romantic love and a desperate sexual attraction?
that's what i would have answered. romantic love is all about sex. you can have sex without romance, but it's sometimes had to have romance without sex, even in undertones. that's what romance is all about.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:49 am
DarkerSarah says...

I find it hard to accept this as a non-fiction piece when you back it up from instances in a movie. And a very nonrealistic movie at that.

However, the question is "Is there any cause greater than romantic love?" I would have to say, platonic love. The love and respect of all things would be greater than romantic love. Not that I am belittling romantic love. It's good...it's gooooooood.

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf