z

Young Writers Society

Post deleted

Random avatar

Reviews: 22
Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 am
deleted7 says...

This post was removed
Last edited by deleted7 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is someone who finds writing more diffucult than everyone else.-Not quite sure who said this but it's kinda true don't you think.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri May 06, 2011 11:11 am
Gheala says...

Lol. I liked it! It's amazing when you come to realize that you're beautiful the way you are, right?
Your style is very nice, and I loved how you listed all the reasons you like yourself the way you are. They made me smile and I think you just made my day.
Thank you!
I'm back to my YWS after months of disappearance, hoping that I'd gain the immunity of books and quills against the harmful realism of our world.

In case this made no sense, I'm just saying that I'm happy I'm back!

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat May 07, 2011 7:29 am
View Likes
ArcticMonkey says...

Hello NafeCT! Here to review(:

Overall, I do like the general idea of this little piece. I mean loving youself for who you are is the way to go, and that whole 'I don't give a crap about what anybody thinks of me' attitude can be really helpful sometimes. I also like how it's quite short, and it's from your perspective. However, I do believe this piece elongs in 'Other' rather than 'General Articles', but you might disagree with me on that. And I also like you're repitition.

What I didn't like was how everything was sort of worded, like with all the exclamations marks and the capital letters. I really think that this piece has a lot of potential because I really like this idea of one voice. It's actually quite hard to critique a piece like this. I think you need to get rid of all random words in capitals if you want this to be serious. This almost seems like a speech if I'm honest, if that's what it is then you can shout out those things in capital letters.

Although I did say I like the repitition of this piece, there's something that still bothers me about it. Who is your target audience? I mean I'm just really confused. Anyway, just remember, that deep down there are actually many people who like and dislike things that people might find a bit weird, so you're not the only one. So, I'm just thinking that piece lacks a bit of originality. I think that you could maybe make this into a poem? And use metaphores for all your feelings to make it more exciting or something.

Spoiler! :
Nitpicks:
I have dozens of flaws. Thousands. Millions, even. But if I had a choice to be anyone else, I’d still choose me. Heard that one before, huh? Yes, I honestly like myself that much.

I’m queer and I don’t ever, EVER want to change; so if you can’t live with that then you know where the exit door from my life is.

Hope I helped, see you around!
~ArcticMonkey x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon May 30, 2011 10:29 pm
Stori says...

Nicely done, this. There isn't much else to say.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue May 31, 2011 1:24 pm
View Likes
blackstar says...

true, I hate it when ppl try to change me or say something about me. I am always gonna be just the way I am ppl!! There ain't nothing you can do to change me! :D

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig