Young Writers Society

Pakistan: Love it or Leave it

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:32 pm
View Likes
SMShamail says...

PAKISTAN LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Home is where the heart is. No matter what, I know I will always love Pakistan because it is my home, a part of me or who I am and always will be.

Some main reasons why people leave Pakistan are: terrorism, they think they have no future, because they think our country’s educational and living standards do not up to their level.

Terrorism is a complex thing. As far as I see, I have nothing to blame it on, except, madness of some people and how they have spread this disease of madness infecting uneducated poor people who are especially susceptible. I do not think I can call the terrorists “people of religion” because no God commands the blood of innocent people whether they belong to a religion or not. I think terrorism can only be overcome if we all unite, cooperate and work to build people’s morals and teach them what is truly right and wrong.

Careers are very important to people they feel to achieve success in life their need to peak in their careers. Nowadays people run after success and yes they are entitled to it. But sometimes in the long run we become so hungry for success we forget ourselves, we lie, we cheat and we do what not and we even forget our duties to humanity. Blinded by success we become so selfish that it is disgustful. Sometimes we should focus on the bigger picture, sacrifice a little for the greater good. If each of us devotes our lives to Pakistan like we devote our lives to achieve success I believe that change can come.

Low educational and living standards and a corrupt government, are other reasons why people leave Pakistan. I have heard people complain about illiteracy, government, corruption, garbage, mosquitoes, bees and what not! All people do is complain, complain and complain! They do not take action! If they find the people to be uneducated then they should educate them! If they find garbage on the streets they should clean it! What logic is all talk and no effort. Our government is made up of our own people, they too are Pakistani and they cannot change until we do.
Some main reasons that make Pakistan worthy of loving and working for are its people, culture, its history and the future generation.

People of Pakistan are some of the most talented, hardworking and gifted people of the world. These people if they will work together, as a whole one nation, united by one word “Pakistan” in spite of belonging to different races, creeds, religion, they can be one of the greatest nations of the world. If they are given the same education, the same opportunities that other countries have. Our resources are being used up by other countries, when our talented people go out and work for them instead of their nation.

Pakistan’s history is one that cannot be ignored; our nation is the children of martyrs. We must never forget the sacrifices our ancestors made just to have Pakistan on the map of the world. Our ancestors gave up their lives, their loved ones, their everything to create a Utopia for the us. A “pak” land or pure land where people can live happily, freely, where their rights can be recognized no matter who they were , but our ancestors must be restless in their graves because sadly their dream was never fulfilled and we are to blame for that. The sacrifices due on us did not end with the formation of Pakistan we need to make bigger sacrifices than our ancestors and make Pakistan the best of the best.

The Pakistani youth is the future of Pakistan and we need to work extremely hard to secure our future and make it better than our present, and to do that, we must give them good morals and education. Create in them the passion, the patriotism and a love for their country that conquers all other desires.

I think every Pakistani should love Pakistan because we owe it, to our country, to our history, to our ancestors, to our people, to our future generations and to ourselves. None of us are true Pakistanis until and unless we make Pakistan what it was meant to be. Why not make something great when it is capable of greatness. In the end I would like to quote John Kennedy: “ask not what your country can do for you ask what you can do for your country”.

S.M.Shamail

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:30 am
View Likes
Jennya says...

Nice but this is really strange to me. At my school the use of ' I ' is strictly forbidden unless it is an opinion piece. Please tell me what sort of essay this is and I will write a more in depth review.

But in general you should really stay clear of colloquial language, this a problem I also have. A proper introduction would also be good, something that sets the whole thing up. The quote at the end was a little iffy to me, this makes the essay seem more like an oral report.
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:06 pm
View Likes
foreveradreamer says...

This is a pretty good essay but they way you worded a few things confused me. Such as.....

If they find the people to be uneducated then they should educate them!
I don't quite know what you meant but I would change this to "If they find people that aren't educated they should educate them.

Also in many parts you seem to drag one topic out. The best thing to do for any report/essay is to be direct in what your saying. If you drag something out the reader may become uninterested and their mind may wander off from what their reading.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 pm
Reebz says...

This will probably be listed as quite a useless review..
But anyhow,
I completely agree! Being a Scottish-bred Pakistani, I hadn't realized how important our ancestor's homeland can really be. All this media is just portraying Pakistan as a terrorist unstable state, when infact it isn't.
I'm glad you took your nation's side on this one. :)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:51 am
rainbowbubble says...

Loves it! I'm an Australian-bred Pakistani, and I know exactly how you feel. The media's potrayel of our race is discriminative, one shouldn't be judged because of that, as the media is a compulsive liar. Being visited Pakistan recently, I know that it is perfectly safe, not "overrun by terrorists". Overall great piece, and I agree with you entirely.

your sincerely rainbowbubblex

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author