z

Young Writers Society

Headphones

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:30 pm
jujubean05 says...

Music drifts through the beautiful blue headphones. The simple sight of them soothes my very soul. The pure, unwavered sound that passes threw these tiny ear buds warms my heart. Life its self seems less important to me, then these magical devices. They are precious to me and my ears. Drowning out the horrible world with sweet, elegant music. Headphones, gorgous and magestic, bring me to tears as the heavy metal, love songs drift threw the little speakers in my ears. How much do they mean to me? I love them to the moon and back again! The music that comes out of them brings happiness, joy, love, and meaning. Oh, they mean a great deal to me! Headphones, this ode is to you.
If life gives you lemons.................make beef stew!!!
If someone is taller than you............stand on something so you can punch them! lol thats an inside joke so if you don't get sorry.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:55 pm
mellophone7 says...

Hmmm. Very interesting. I've never heard headphones described that way before. Purely unique work!
"The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean." -Robert Louis Stevenson
"Write or die trying."
JA hatar pisanje.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:41 pm
kjr5horses says...

Very unique! I enjoyed it as I feel the same way about them. But I did find that you used some words a little too often, try using the thesaurus on your computer it helps a lot!

Overall great piece!
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

14 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 am
jujubean05 says...

I did this for a contest :D. I'm very fond of my thesaurus, but I've seemed to have misplaced my favorite one. :( I do use Thesaurus.com quite alot though. Thanks for the feed back. :)
If someone is taller than you............stand on something so you can punch them! lol thats an inside joke so if you don't get sorry.

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:41 am
summerlovee says...

i could totally relate to what you mean (: I absoultely love my earphones :D
You just a lot of descriptive words and what you said (feelings) were spot on, on how i felt :D
Nice, keep it up
Linger on, your pale blue eyes

14 Reviews

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 pm
jujubean05 says...

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 am
silentpages says...

This definitely wasn't bad, and I get the sentiment behind it - I love music too...

However, what cost you the most points in the contest was that, it was mostly from your point of view. Not the headphones. The basic goal of the contest was to take an inanimate object, like the headphones, and make them the central character. The narrator, the main character, the subject of the whole piece. Give them a personality. Bring them to life. Whereas in this piece, good though it was, it was mostly you, talking about your headphones.

Still, it was good to read. Thanks for entering the contest. :)
"Pay Attention. Pay Close Attention to everything, everything you see. Notice what no one else notices, and you'll know what no one else knows. What you get is what you get. What you do with what you get is more the point. -- Loris Harrow, City of Ember (Movie)

The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard