z

Young Writers Society

diary of a depressed Egyptian girl introduction to the story

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:14 pm
sherineahmed says...

I plan on writing this as a book and I want your opinion about the beginning taking in mind that this is my first try in this section. I want to make everybody see what might be the life of the Egyptian girl these days so here it goes( don’t forget to reply please…):
Jan. 5th 2011
You may think anything happen in my life but you are sure wrong. For a girl that lives with her grandmother after her mother’s death and parents divorce nothing does simply because nobody cares any more ( except for your grandma….. don’t even think my grandma is from my fathers family. to them I am nobody after my mother’s death, divorce, my father marring someone else and forgetting about me……). The only amusement I have is when I go out with my cousins ( same age as me and we were raised to think of each other like brothers and sisters although my twin gets along better with my cousin Salma while I get along better with her brother Mohammed). My aunt tries to look out for me but she has four kids and a husband to take care of in addition to running her own computer company…. Go figure. My uncle feels the same way about me but I believe part of this treatment is because he used to treat my mother like crap. To me I feel like nothing matters any more…. Many people believe I am talented and wise for my age ( don’t like to waste my life crushing over boys and making myself deaf by listening to a “wonderful” band all day long and having a great ability to understand others) and that my only problem is having no hope (wonder why?...). The only thing that kept me from killing myself is writing. It doesn’t have to be anything specific just anything like a song about how my dad is the worst dad ever or even about the crazy ideas I sometimes have. In my opinion age is calculated by the experience a person goes through, this is why some “grown ups” still watch Barney. Simply a child in the body of an adult man. I made a deal with my grandmother to let me skip school if I study for my midyear English exam today. To be honest I didn’t study anything except the phrasal verbs and the idioms and I still have grammar, literature, vocab… I don’t feel like studying now… may be I would just sneak the world’s oldest laptop I have in our studying room (a room too small all that can fit is two mini - desks for me and my twin and a library that is hung at the wall) and take a look at the yws (young writers society)a site that I feel at ease putting my writings on. I assume the only thing that you can make me excited about is writing. I am not a big fan of “diaries” (they get stolen, lost, .. Which always lead to it being read by your brutal enemies) but it helps me to calm down and think straight if I put all of my thoughts and feelings on paper. I just doodle this on my computer, protect it from anyone nosy with a password and keep it there. Egypt is so different than other countries like the US, France… People in Egypt never complain and never defy anyone in a high position no matter what they let their self be robbed from their rights, tortured by every mean, humiliated in front of their loved ones, ….and if anybody does it is as if he dug his own grave. For me, I am considered from the upper middle class although I can’t even get some money to go out or do anything because I cannot afford to do that except once in a while. I am considered one of the very lucky people that get to be in one of the best private schools in Egypt (my mom used to work there so we use her discount). If I were not that lucky I would be stuck with governmental schools that has no bathrooms and has over than 50 pupils in one class if I keep saying how governmental schools are I am going to need ages. I love that I am in a school like mine. All the teachers are Americans so you guarantee they teach you how to pronounce everything correctly when you are young instead of saying “the” in a wrong way. Some people make sure the Egyptians never look like proper human being by acting “in a certain way” everybody knows. I hate that people think we go around killing others like series killers. Nobody bothers to try and go to schools to see how Egyptian children really are, visited a family to see how we care about each other, nothing… they get this whole idea from newspapers and magazines. Nobody tries to see how we react when we hear about a terrible accident or even a great one (as if we have any). I don’t understand why others believe teens are so dump they don’t even understand what they REALLY mean and REALLY say. In Egypt if a man marries a woman and they got separated the man should pay the woman money to take care of the children that always and by law stay with their mother until they get married. One of the things I hate about Egypt is that you have to be at least 18 years old to drive instead of 16 although you get your social security number when you become 16. I should be going now my grandma is calling for me and asking me to show her what I did so far in my English (yawn….)

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:08 pm
Emmzziee says...

Non-fiction means that your story is true... Is your story real? Because if it is, then I really like it; it's dramatic; it's sad... And I really feel for you :( Where the descriptions are concerned, I think they are a bit minimal and if this were a made-up story I'd tell you to work on your emotional descriptions. But if this is all real, then I like it. As a diary, it speaks about YOU and that's all that matters. This is something for YOU to read back on. If it's not real, well... Good job at making it realistic! :D Xxxx
I want to play a game.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:10 pm
AlyKat says...

I love the story line! But i really think that the titled could do with out the depressed part. And non-fiction is about a real pastime...Is this about a real event?!?
And usually you separate paragraphs so it isn't so (looking like) its long as all get out. The story is really great and i think if you fix the few errors there are it could really be a wonderful story! :D
Oompa Loompa something something something :)

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm
sherineahmed says...

Thanx for your help guys. You gave me some ideas to work on. Sorry for not writing or reviewing for the past week i had mid year exams :?

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos