z

Young Writers Society

Deleted

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:08 am
Eniarrol says...

*Deleted*
Last edited by Eniarrol on Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:21 pm
Mizzle says...

Hello there, SweetMoments! I hope your holidays are going well and that you are no longer as sad as you seem in this short little piece of non-fiction. Corrections or add-ins to the text that I feel are neccessary shall be in red.

SweetMoments wrote:Why is it that the exact people who are horrible and mean get all the awards, friends no one cares what happens to me.

Alright, I was a bit confused by this sentence. Are you trying to say, "Why is it that the exact people who are horrible and mean get all the awards and friends; no one cares what happens to me," or are you using 'friends' to address us, so it would be, "Why is it that the exact people who are horrible and mean get all the awards, my friends? No one cares what happens to me." You can go either way, but it's much too confusing how you have it now.

SweetMoments wrote:Sometimes, I wonder if they will they notice if my head gets chopped off.

I think the sentence just sounds better, more 'smooth,' this way.

SweetMoments wrote:How about if I get abducted and murdered at school?

Before, this sentence was a fragment, and it would be fine to leave it that way, but I prefer the above.

SweetMoments wrote:And I know that no one will probably read this, as no one cares, but maybe, one day when someone actually realises that I am alive, they will read this.

Some missing punctuation.

Overall

This piece was an interesting one to read; perhaps not too uplifiting (or happy in any way at all, really), it did however give a strong message that many teens (and children, adults, etcetera) could relate with, which is desirable, as readers can easily feel the pain you felt. However, you did have some problems with missing commas, so just watch out for that a little better next time, alright? Also, remember that a comma can make a sentence one thing or another thing. For example, a forgotten comma could end in this: "Let's eat Grandpa." It should have been: "Let's eat, Grandpa." See how much difference it can make, how much effect a comma can have?

Also, it seems as if you are just stating your pain. I know this piece is relatively short, but you can expand -- it could even be a short story length. I think the reader would be much more effective at feeling your pain and would sympathize with you much better if you paint a picture in our mind of how they treat you, how it effects you, etcetera. Maybe a longer length of this piece would not be a bad thing - perhaps you should consider expanding on it? Anyways, overall you did a nice job with this and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to message me.

I feel silly for writing nearly twice the size of the actual story in critique. Wow!

Have a g'day,
Mizzle
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm
cupcake says...

SweetMoments wrote:I don't understand what everyone hates about me. I don't know how anyone can hate you.Why is it that the exact people who are horrible and mean get all the awards I don't get it either., friends no one cares what happens to me. Sometimes I wonder will they notice if my head gets chopped off? If I get abducted and murdered at school? I know I would notice and I wouldn't let it happen.And I know that no one will probably read this as no one cares We do care about you (in a friend way)but maybe, one day when someone actually realises that I am alive We all know your alive.they will read this. So sorry to all you sad, sad people who only get pleasure from stabbing at someones confidence just to feel better about themselves.

God gives us our relatives - thank God we can choose our friends.
- Ethel Watts Mumford

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Walter Winchell

“I’ll Surprise you, I promise”
-Adam Lambert

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 pm
Eniarrol says...

Haha thanks cupcake
A hero isn’t defined by winning. Loads of heroes die in the effort. Most of them never get any recognition. No, a hero is just somebody who does the right thing when it would be far, far easier to do nothing.

~Previously SweetMoments

Irresponsibly-conceived assignments don't deserve responsibly-executed complies.
— Persistence