z

Young Writers Society

the tale of the tale that was not to be told

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:51 am
pencilgirl says...

this tale is about a tale that was not to be told.
:smt003 lol. its made up so i just wrote it so it can be liked and featured. even if it isn't much liked i don't really care i am gonna keep on trying.
so i was tucking in my little brother and it reminded me of a time when my grandma tucked me in and told me some odd stories and legends of her time and they practically hypnotized me :shock: .
my brother was restless and so i decided to tell him a tale. i didn't know why something about that tale bothered me. it was like grandma had given some sort of ..warning with it.
i began to tell the tale and my brother snuggled in his quilt like a worm:
...it all started when a little boy was up to no good. he had thought of a mischief that he was going to carry out the next afternoon. the only good quality he had and why his friends kept him around was because he never told on anyone and if anyone betrayed him he would loose control.
he went up to the old hill and the cottage of an old cranky man. he brought with him a mask and a knife to scare him. as he crept in the cottage he saw the old man sitting in a chair facing the television and he went close...and closer and he jumped in front of him and made an awfully scary noise which made the old man scream on top of his lungs and he became so white and breathless. he grabbed his chest and fainted. a heart attack. he died and the boy was shocked and as he looked up from the floor he saw at the doorway a friend of his from school. his friend ran at full speed, the boy just gave one warning in a whisper before he could go to far. "dont you dare...remember the only good thing in me ".
his friend stopped in midway thought but then continued to run.
as he reported to the police he came back home and saw a movement in the backyard. as he stepped in his backyard he saw a clocked figure holding a knife and before he could even gasp his life had ended. he swore standing there hat if anyone ever repeated this incident he would pay a visit to him even if he didn't murder that person....i had just recalled the warning ...that familiar warning from my grandma.
my brother had fallen asleep and i got up to close the window when i saw a clocked figure moving and in his hand a shiny blade.
i would call this tale "the tale about tatle taling that was not to be told"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:58 am
Sunshine says...

First things first, WHY IS NOTHING CAPITILIZED!!!!!!!! It annoys alot of people here, so please fix it. This isn't a non-fiction. Although your telling it to your brother, It's still Fantasy. It's a good story, if a bit rushed and short. Also, when your making little author notes, please put them in bold or italics. It helps readers tell it apart from the story. Add in some commas to make more sense and more drama to it. Thanks and please work on it! If you do, you are gonna be featured one day for sure!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson