z

Young Writers Society

Squills 3/25/13

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

The thread you've stumbled into is the equivalent of a YWS newspaper, with each post in this thread being a news article. The focus of this paper is to give out a summary on the happenings of YWS at any given day and special features which tell about the new trends in YWS and current events. This feature runs all week long, featuring special coverage during events and certain occasions.

All members are welcome to submit their own news items. Keep in mind that all postings must comply with the YWS rules.

If you're an avid reader and want to pitch in or advertise or a concerned YWSer who wants to comment or ask us, then do so in the office at the Reader's Corner down below.

Reader's Corner
Spoiler! :
Submitting Articles
Submissions will be taken over the span of the day. Tomorrow, this thread will be locked and a new one will take its place. Anyone can post a news article or column as long as the topic is new, fresh, current and about the YWS or writing, art and humanities, is family-friendly and follows YWS rules.

Shameless Plugs
Why not advertise your newly constructed blog, your recent literary submission or your newest thread here at Squills? Just PM AlfredSymon and we can quote your advertisement for you as a shameless plug!

Letters to the Editor
Have any questions, comments or sggestions? About Squills or YWS? Then share them to us please and let it be answer in public for all the readers' ease ! Please PM AlfredSymon for any letters for the editor.

The Girl with the Golden Pen
Have any writing-related questions? Interested in hearing some writing advice? Then why not go the the Girl with the Golden Pen? Ask her anything! She'll answer everything! Visit her writing chamber, now!

Be a regular!
Just contact AlfredSymon if you want to be part of the creative staff!

Creative Staff

Spoiler! :
Technical Adviser: Griffinkeeper

Editor-in-Chief: AlfredSymon
General Correspondent: SparkofDoubt
Literary Correspondent: StellaThomas
Clubs Correspondent: LemonyIce
Forum Correspondent: Aquestioning
Advertising Manager: dogs

Columnist: [user][/user]
Community Reporter: ShadowVyper
News Reporter: megsug
Forum and Storybook Reporter: Animal

Comic Artist: Cspr
Comics Coordinator: [user][/user]

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:54 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

New Arrivals

Introducing the site's newest members. Take a moment to go welcome them!

noelsugarcube
CandidDreamer
KarlinKJ
steve935
chiz96
Nour
smugglebubble
gearmaster154
InfiniteDreamer88
alanafiredancer
abnormalteenager
Jeng
baileyboo94
SarahElvira

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:53 pm
View Likes
Animal says...

THE BEST SB AROUND

Hey all SBers, there is a great news for you.

Blood Is Everything

It takes you to the world of fantasy. Here is what Shadowlight, the owner of the SB has to say,

Shadowlight wrote:Come to the day before yesterday and the year before that. To a time of broken shields, and whispering winds. When warriors were bold, and great deeds of valor were preformed. When the world was wilder, the mountains higher, lofty as the dreams of men. When the unsettled places were far greater than civilization and when kingdoms were created and obliterated by the sword.

Great kingdoms dot the wild landscape of Drallion- the very forests, mountains and seas are full of beasts of lore, magic and legends.

Royal houses struggle with one another for domination, peace, and just to survive- Drallion is not a forgiving world, you grow up fast, live hard and probably die young. Heirs are both treasures and goods to trade in a land where the blood is in your veins is everything.

Murmurings of war are beginning to fly, fast as a wildfire. Something has happened, someone is warmongering- but who? The rulers of Drallion are struggling to keep their fragile peace in any way they can or else make sure they come out on top- no matter the outcome. Old blood-feuds begin to seep to the surface, alliances will be made and broken, treaties signed and burned, Marriage pacts formed and put to the test- Bloodshed seems inevitable.

You are a member of a royal house, be you king, queen, prince, princess or bastard child you struggle to stay alive, thrive and come out on top. Maybe you are a prince struggling for recognition, to prove his metal. Maybe a young princess afraid of the prospect of being "sold" to a man you've never met to make an alliance for your family. Maybe the bastard child who's lived in the shadows and now suddenly you're thrust into the limelight. Maybe you are a Magic user, a creature both revered and feared in a superstitious land. A warrior trying to gain more, an assassin hired to end life, a handmaiden, whoever you are you have to make alliances, take risks and try to be one step ahead of everyone else.

I am joining, and I know that you too are interested. Why wait?
deleted

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Today's piece is a short poem by Persy, there is light in me, even when I cannot see. It's noteworthy in its unusual yet honest view of religion and Christianity, and our attitudes towards it, and has a comforting thread running throughout. Short and sweet, it's something everybody should read.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley