Young Writers Society

Obi-Wan Kenobi Dead

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 11, 2011 2:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Obi-Wan Kenobi Is Dead, Vader Says

CORUSCANT — Obi-Wan Kenobi, the mastermind of some of the most devastating attacks on the Galactic Empire and the most hunted man in the galaxy, was killed in a firefight with Imperial forces near Alderaan, Darth Vader announced on Sunday.

In a late-night appearance in the East Room of the Imperial Palace, Lord Vader declared that “justice has been done” as he disclosed that agents of the Imperial Army and stormtroopers of the 501st Legion had finally cornered Kenobi, one of the leaders of the Jedi rebellion, who had eluded the Empire for nearly two decades. Imperial officials said Kenobi resisted and was cut down by Lord Vader's own lightsaber. He was later dumped out of an airlock.

The news touched off an extraordinary outpouring of emotion as crowds gathered in the Senate District and outside the Imperial Palace, waving imperial flags, cheering, shouting, laughing and chanting, “Hail to the Emperor! Hail Lord Vader!” In the alien protection zone, crowds sang “The Ten Thousand Year Empire.” Throughout the Sah'c district, airspeeder drivers honked horns deep into the night.

“For over two decades, Kenobi has been the Jedi rebellion’s leader and symbol,” the Lord of the Sith said in a statement broadcast across the galaxy via HoloNet. “The death of Kenobi marks the most significant achievement to date in our empire’s effort to defeat the rebel alliance. But his death does not mark the end of our effort. There’s no doubt that the rebellion will continue to pursue attacks against us. We must and we will remain vigilant at home and abroad.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi ’s demise is a defining moment in the stormtrooper-led fight against terrorism, a symbolic stroke affirming the relentlessness of the pursuit of those who turned against the Empire at the end of the Clone Wars. What remains to be seen, however, is whether it galvanizes Kenobi’s followers by turning him into a martyr or serves as a turning of the page in the war against the Rebel Alliance and gives further impetus to Emperor Palpatine to step up Stormtrooper recruitment.

In an earlier statement issued to the press, Kenobi boasted that striking him down could make him "more powerful than you could possibly imagine."

Source: http://www.galacticempiretimes.com/2011 ... illed.html

My question is: where is the body?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Wed May 11, 2011 3:30 pm
Jas says...

I'm not sure how to feel on this one.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed May 11, 2011 3:44 pm
fireheartedkaratepup says...

At first, I started laughing.

Then I realized what you were the article was doing and went, Oh.....

I think I'm with jasminebells on this one.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

jasminebells wrote:I'm not sure how to feel on this one.

That's the point though in the same respect to celebrations and "self-defense" reason given; the drama is past however, we should all stop there unless we have reason to wage new crusades.

That's the end of my input on this topic.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat May 14, 2011 1:41 am
MUCHO says...

I get it.
"This is our decision,
to live fast and die young...
Yeah it's overwhelming,
but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and
wake up for the morning commute?

The models will have children,
we'll get a divorce,
find some more models;
everything must run its course!

Fated to Pretend

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat May 14, 2011 1:46 am
Lumi says...

Nate wrote:Heh
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

The most important thing is to have fun! Stress makes for distress and neither of those belong in writing!
— Kaia