z

Young Writers Society

Osama Bin Laden Dead

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Tue May 03, 2011 5:12 am
View Likes
SmylinG says...

My brief say on the subject (In respect of all opinions): Some people agree that death is too kind. I am one of these people. -_- But it's also so that he deserves no place on this earth after the damage he's done. Let opinions be opinions, but to say that it is wrong of people to celebrate the demise of an evil man is also in no way what I would consider fair or right.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue May 03, 2011 2:07 pm
View Likes
Pundit says...

**DISLIKE**

It is wrong to celebrate anyone's death. I don't care who they are or what they did. It is an act of hate. Searria H has a point. When they celebrate the death of a US soldier, they are celebrating the loss of their enemy. When we celebrate Osama's death, we are celebrating the death of an enemy. They are celebrating hatred, and so are we. If we both celebrate hatred, how different can we be?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 03, 2011 4:32 pm
Nate says...

Overeasy ->> I can't seriously believe that you view Osama bin Laden's death as a loss ("The loss of a human life is always a loss"). That's what you said, and that's why I called what you said hogwash. If that is what you believe though, then I honestly have nothing further to say to you.

Pundit ->> You do realize that people are celebrating the end of hate, right? And you do realize that when you said "dislike", you are referring to this thread? Meaning that you dislike that Osama bin Laden died? You do also realize that even though you dislike hate, you just wrote an extremely hate-filled post? And as I asked Sierra, I have to wonder who you mean by "they." I certainly hope you are not referring to the Arab Street, 'cause that would be extremely hate-filled of you.

Overeasy & Pundit ->> Both of you need to think what you're saying over because both of what you said is extremely contradictory. Overeasy, you said you view Osama bin Laden's death as a loss. Pundit, you said you dislike that Osama bin Laden died and then wrote a hate-filled post about how everyone is celebrating hate. If neither is true, then reconsider your words. And for goodness sakes, if you don't want to celebrate or be happy, then go and mourn for the hundreds of thousands who have died from terrorism or whose lives have been affected by it.

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Wed May 04, 2011 12:10 am
Searria H. says...

I sincerely apologize to anyone I have offended. I worded that horridly poorly, and I in no way intended to call anyone a terrorist. Please forgive me.
Yes, I was referring to terrorists. I don't even know what Arab Street is.
I am simply refusing to see this as a black-and-white issue. I know it's impossible, but I'm trying to wrap my head around their side of the story. I don't know why, but terrorists do believe that what they're doing is right. I don't. I am relieved that this man is gone and can't hurt anyone else, but I don't think it's right for people to be throwing parties in the street. What his death represents is a joyous thing, I agree.
Again, please accept my apologies. I feel absolutely horrible that I hurt you, Nate.
Deepest sincerity,
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 04, 2011 12:13 am
View Likes
OverEasy says...

I will always believe that the loss of a human life is still a loss. Do I personally feel this loss? No. I am not sad he is dead, but I cannot bring myself to celebrate death. Sure, celebrate the symbolic milestone in this war, but to actually celebratethe loss of somebodies life (regardless of who that person was) goes against what I stand for as a person. This does not mean I wish he didn't die, or that I don't recognize the significance of his death. I do. I value human life above all else, therefore I cannot celebrate death. Bit I easily say that I will sleep better with him gone. Do not mistake my lack of celebration for me mourning for him. I don't.
Life is for living.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 am
KnightlyAngel09 says...

It's a relief that he is gone but to say that the world is a safer place because he is gone would be dangerous. I hope none of our governments will be lulled into a false sense of security because of the death of one man, though he be a leader of a terrorist organization.
All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you.:)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Thu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm
Jas says...

Spoiler! :
Nate wrote:Overeasy ->> I can't seriously believe that you view Osama bin Laden's death as a loss ("The loss of a human life is always a loss"). That's what you said, and that's why I called what you said hogwash. If that is what you believe though, then I honestly have nothing further to say to you.

Pundit ->> You do realize that people are celebrating the end of hate, right? And you do realize that when you said "dislike", you are referring to this thread? Meaning that you dislike that Osama bin Laden died? You do also realize that even though you dislike hate, you just wrote an extremely hate-filled post? And as I asked Sierra, I have to wonder who you mean by "they." I certainly hope you are not referring to the Arab Street, 'cause that would be extremely hate-filled of you.

Overeasy & Pundit ->> Both of you need to think what you're saying over because both of what you said is extremely contradictory. Overeasy, you said you view Osama bin Laden's death as a loss. Pundit, you said you dislike that Osama bin Laden died and then wrote a hate-filled post about how everyone is celebrating hate. If neither is true, then reconsider your words. And for goodness sakes, if you don't want to celebrate or be happy, then go and mourn for the hundreds of thousands who have died from terrorism or whose lives have been affected by it.

Excuse me for asking, but what is that supposed to mean? I'm Arab and it's extremely stereotypical, ignorant and quite frankly, rude to say 'to the Arab Street'.

Eep, so I read that incorrectly and accused Nate of something truly awful. I'm reeeeally sorry. :(
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue May 10, 2011 5:23 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

It only took, what, sixteen men? Is that not cowardly?

Also, there's this. Until this planet is reduced to dust with everyone on it, there will always be terrorists. There will always be reason for one person to hate another.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one.
— Leo J. Burke