Aftereffects of Tsunami/Earthquake in Japan

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:39 pm
MeanMrMustard says...

Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami
New York Times, By ALAN McLEAN, MATTHEW ERICSON and ARCHIE TSE
March 13, 2011

To grasp the calamity that struck Japan, look at those satellite images. This isn't an article, so much as its a perfect web-page snapshot of how powerful the Earth is. Move the slider on the images all the way to the right and then to the left. Simply unreal.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:36 am
ShadowKnight155 says...

Wow. It's sad seeing all the standing water in areas. It's like a nuclear bomb went off. And, let's all pray there isn't a complete meltdown. It'll be a long time before Japan can rebuild. At least fifty/hundred years for things to be completely normal. In ten years things will be rebuilt/rebuilding, but for Japan to get all of it's tech back? That'll take a long time, and for the paranoia and nervousness to wear off, that's what's going to take so long. Also, who knows how much radiation is going to get released. Oh, dear God, let everyone who has passed rest peacefully.

I hope everybody on YWS is alright.

I don't even know if it was worth posting. These words are nothing compared to how much pain and devastation has happened. Pray and hope for the best.
By nature, all language is flawed.

"Peace cannot be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding," - Albert Einstein

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:43 am
Lil_Pau says...

What a horrible, shocking tragedy. My heart sincerely goes out to them. Watching all the devastation on the news is just heartbreaking, seeing the water flow over the fields and sweeping everything away.

Yes, let's pray, pray for them...
Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard