z

Young Writers Society

Angel is A Liar: Introduction

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:07 pm
Heather_BlackCain says...

Introduction

Everything that I have done to myself has been a result of her actions. All of my injuries and mutilations that I’ve directed towards myself…
It is all because of her. I loved all of it though. It wasn’t like it was against my will. I couldn’t stand people saying that I was being controlled by her. No one can ever control me. I have no master and I don’t plan on ever having one. It’s one of those things that I can’t really help about myself.
She was so wonderful.
Not like anyone else.
I can never describe her properly, because she has always been a constant enigma. She remains a mystery even to the days after her disappearance. Our meetings were always a source of powerful emotions and influenced me to the point of intoxication.
It was always like poetry. Always hypnotizing, and full of flowing words and memorable phrases. Because of our relationship, no one could touch us. Because of her I would navigate through life’s toughest trials never looking back and never worrying about the future.
It didn’t take long for us to be drawn towards each other. It wasn’t exactly gravity…
It was more reckless and unpredictable. Like the words and actions exchanged between us, the attraction was never straight forward. Our connection had become like an abstract painting, the meaning completely inaccessible to anyone else except the creator.
And we had definitely created something. Whether the result was good or bad, the effects healthy or destroying…
I would never betray her.
Even if she never comes back, I’ll always be waiting for her. Because even though she screams and screams inside me, hurting me even though I can’t see her…
Isn’t that a complete proof of my love?
I would never hurt her.
She asked for it…
No, she would never hurt me.
Liar.
I love her.
But she doesn’t love you.
No matter what you say, I am not fooling myself. She would have never gone away if you hadn’t tried to dominate her.
She asked for it…
None of this is my fault our relationship was flawless until she left.
Liar.
Love is all we need. I know that we can hurt each other sometimes, but my love could never be removed from her thoughts.
That’s wonderful, but she doesn’t love you…
Last edited by Heather_BlackCain on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Gryphon said, "It's all in the Queen's mind-they never cut off anyone's head, you know."

-Alice In WonderLand (Lewis Carrol)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:30 pm
black apple says...

This is really nice, full of raw emotion. My suggestions would be here:

where it says

"Our connection had become like an abstract painting, the meaning completing inaccessible to anyone else except the creator. "

I think you might mean "completly"

The other thing:

"I would never, ever betray her."

I would leave out the ever because it sounds more poetic with the other similar verses of speech below it.

Other than that, I think it's really good. =)

You're given the form, but you have to write the sonnet yourself. What you say is completely up to you.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time