z

Young Writers Society

The Maze Part 2

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:07 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
The Next part to the part that I posted the other day...

We walked silently on for several minutes before again, I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye. That time I made double take,

“OK, That time I saw something,” I said to Chess. “I'm sure of it!”

Chess' eyes became round with fear. He took off his glasses and polished them, then placed them back on again.

“I think I saw it too, like a shadow right in the very peripherals of my vision. In fact; did you know that your peripherals are the best part of your eye at picking up moving objects?” he rambled

“Good to know...” I said as I stealthily made my way to the passage. I gently peeked around the corner, the quick flash of something going around the corner greeted me. I took off running down the way and around the corner. A right turn into the way greeted me with a dead-end.

“What the hell?” I asked aloud.

Chess rounded the corner, a questioning look upon his face.

“Did you see something Eli?” he asked, out of breath from running.

I cursed under my breath,

“I think so. But it's gone now.”

Chess' face changed into a concentrating glance. Then his eyes became round again

“Did you hear that?” he asked “It sounded like a scream!” he yelled

“This way!!!” he yelled, he beckoned me around the corner and through a few lefts and rights. Finally stopping for a breath.

“I could hear it, it came from this way.” he coughed, Chess is definitely not cut out for marathon running.

Another figure cam shambling out of the mist, a girl. Around my height, about 5' 8”. Strait, black hair with red highlights covered her face. She was wearing a black blouse and jeans. Chess' face matted with sweat, he exclaimed,

“Nyaaah!!! Monster!!” he hid behind my back.

“I don't think so Chess, it looks like a girl.” I said, and walked toward the mysterious person.

She collapsed onto the ground, I made the try to catch her but fell short.. She collided with the ground with a THUMP! After looking at her closer. I could see that she was all cut up, she had a small gash on her arm.

“Chess!” I called, “We need something to bandage her arm!”

Chess removed a small roll of bandage from his backpack and handed it to me.

“I don't want to know why you have that.” I said as I wrapped the bandage around the girl's injured leg.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna