z

Young Writers Society

Balloons in Winter C3 /P

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:16 am
Incandescence says...

Deleted.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:44 am
Trident says...

Incan, I can't believe you think you can't write fiction. Sigh...

This is good. You have a talent for playing with the reader's emotions. Your characters are growing more real with each chapter. I feel this is a wonderful example of character development.

I found little to criticize in this chapter. Perhaps one thing is your tendency to wander a bit too much when it comes to inner-dialogue. I typically despise one line quips when it comes to inner-dialogue, but sometimes large paragraphs are just as bad. I feel this happens a few times here.

You have a talent for showing a scene that may ordinarily be mundane and expanding upon it to include emotion as well as thought.

I am (hopefully correctly) assuming this is told by Donny's girlfriend. I think her name is Janet. Anyway, have you considered naming each chapter after the character that narrates it? I think it would add a lot as well as help the reader know who is speaking at the beginning. If your purpose was to have them try and figure it out by reading it, then I suggest you don't take that route. Agree? Disagree?

I shall try to get to chapter four tonight, if I can.
Perception is everything.

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author