z

Young Writers Society

"Addicted" Part two

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:00 am
DuckaKellBell says...

Chapter 4

"Kelly? Are you still with us? Kelly?" usually by 5 minutes or so of this, I would get a book dropped on my desk. "Good, now that you have joined earth again (That's usually when my classmates will burst into laughter.) I am sure you will love to answer my question." Teachers loved to do that to me, put me on the spot like that. So, I daydreamed a lot, is that a crime now? My English teacher was the worst with that. She was soo boring, there was a rumour going around school that since there was a teacher shortage, they needed to wake the dead, and Mrs. Green was one. Ok, so that is very far fetched, but it was the only thing we students could think of why she's so boring. And old. She looks about 25...B.C.! No joke.

So, anyways, when Mrs. Green (aka- Mrs. Gray, but no one dared to call her that, she was also super mean!) would put me on the spot, or anyone on the spot, we would just have to hold our stomachs and claim we are about to puke, and run out. She wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the bunch, her elevator didn't reach the top. You could claim that you were sick everyday, and she would never question it or think it's weird. But with most teachers, they would have you dead and buried. Yea, it was like if got sick, the teachers would get all worried (or pretend they were worried) and be like "I hope they aren't dying." So, needless to say, teachers are just as weird as parents.

Oh yea, I can't forget homework. Wasn't that always the biggest joy? I don't know which was worse, the fighting that mom and I did, or actually doing it. I think actually doing the homework was worse, actually. But then I got smart. See, instead of actually doing my homework, I would write a letter to David. But after a while, when mom asked me to go do my homework and I would just say "ok" and go up to my room, she caught on fast. For like a week or so she didn't think anything of it, she just thought I was more into school or something (yea, that's likely) but after a while she figured I HAD to be up to something because "I never like to do homework, and that won't just change in a girl." Mothers make me sick at times. Yea, so do you know what mom decided to do? After that whole thing went on for about a month, my mother would come in my room and WATCH me do my homework! Can you believe that? It's like thanks for totally trusting your kid, mom. She trusted Alyssa doing her homework because she did good in school. But I know for a fact she didn't do her homework every night. Ok, so it was one night Alyssa didn't do her homework. She's a nerd, what can I say? Me? I am what I like to call normal! But of course to parents, Alyssa would appear as the normal one. Yea, like I am pretty darn sure the most of kids likes to do homework? But do you know the sickest part? I swear, the teachers got some kind of JOY of assigning homework. Then they would punsih the 'not so perfect' kids who would slip up and not do their homework every now and again. And by punish I mean we got 0's. Big fat 0's. Oh yea, I am talking from expericence. I used to be known as the '0 Queen' I got so many! Actually, that's kinda sad, ain't it? Well, I was proud of myself at the time. Until Jason 'accidently' slipped up and called me that in front of my parents. They asked me so many questions, I thought I was on a game show, or something. So, yea, I got grounded for a week cause of that. I couldn't talk to David. That was my punusment. Why didn't they just kill me to get it over with?

Chapter 5

Why do boyfriends always think they 'have' to control their girlfriends? It's like once we say yes, we will date them, we become an object. Just another thing in their life to control. That's how David was to me. He was my 'controller'. Like when my parents first noticed I wasn't at the pizza and a movie night they told me I CAN'T go out with David on Friday's. I have to come. So I casually brought that up with David. He thought it was another man. Can you believe that? He got all defensive and just started to yell at me. I was scared. That was the first time I saw 'it' in David. I didn't like it. He would always ask me "But don't you love me anymore, Kel?". Like just because I can't spend every waking moment with him doesn't mean I don't love him anymore.

I was trapped. If I didn't show up to the pizza and a movie night my parents would ground me, if I didn't show up to go out on a date with David, he would just flip on me. I didn't know what to do. I had no one to turn to. My friends would pretend they cared, but they didn't really. Not even Jessica. Before David came along Jessica and I could talk about anything, or nothing and have the time of our lives. But after David came along, everyone treated me differently. I didn't know why. I didn't change. I was still the same old Kelly who they all grew up with.

So, here I was, 16 years old and my life was already starting to fall apart. My friends abandoned me, my parents just yelled at me, David controlled me, the homework just kept piling up, even my brother and sister wasn't the same towards me. It's not like I grew an extra head. I guess when you are outgoing all your life, and you later become more to your self it's the same as growing an extra head, though.

One night I was in my room, on my bed doing 'homework'. Jason, my jock older brother decided to check on me and I was crying. I think he only did it for some praise from mom and dad. He was like that, you know? But it was someone to talk to. It wasn't much, but it was better than keeping it in. So I was spilling my guts to my 17 year old brother who would have rathered been at the dentist then to listen to me. But I couldn't stop. All this crap that I've been through, how I felt for the last month or so, all this stuff just kept pouring out of my mouth. Luckily no one else heard me in thier crying my eyes out like a baby. It was kinda embarrassing. But I just needed to talk, and I felt a little better after that night, not a lot, but some.

Chapter 6

"So, we're still going out tonight, right Kel?" David asked me one Friday as he passed me in the hall. He had the biggest smile, the one that got me to notice him in the first place. My heart sank. I still loved David, but I couldn't go out on Fridays anymore. I already told him that, but I guess he didn't listen. But he's a guy, guys hardly ever listen. At that moment, the world stopped. David was still standing behind my friends, but he was taller so his head was looking down at me with that smile. At the same time Jessica, Ashley and Mary were all staring at me. No one said anything, but I knew what everyone was thinking. "You better pick me over the other person." My friends looked confused because I already told them I was going to pizza and a movie night. Poor David, he was so oblivious to everything that was happening. Jessica could see I was starting to just tune everything out, we're close like that. She placed her hand on my shoulder to get my attention. So now I just had seconds to choose who to say no to. No matter who I say no to will be hurt. But I have been with David a lot, and my friends must think I'm the worst person to just completely ditch them. So I had made up my mind. "Sorry, David, but I want to be with my friends tonight. We can go out tomorrow instead, ok?"

I wanted to run. I wanted to run and hide into a hole so deep that no one will ever find me again. David wasn't happy. His eyes got big, he started to sweat, I could even see his face turning red. "Kelly, I think we need to talk." David stated very stern. My heart was saying yes, but my head was saying no. I nodded my head up and down and I followed David. Where? I had no clue. I didn't want to find out either. He was walking fast, I was almost running keeping up with him. When he stopped, we were in a dark hallway. It was an old hallway, the school didn't use anymore because of the new edition. No one came down this hallway, especially where we were, way down at the end. Plus it was dark, so all I could see was the whites of David's eyes, but I could still tell he was mad at me. I could hear him breathing heavy. "W-w-what's wrong, David?" I was so scared at that moment, but I still felt so in love with him. "Shut up, I do all the talking, you just listen." David was trying not to raise his voice, so we don't get caught. I just nodded my head as I backed up until I hit the wall.

"Kelly, you don't love me anymore, do you?"
"Yes, of course I do, David!"
"But your blowing off our plans for tonight. People who's in love don't blow off their loved ones, now do they?"
"I guess not."
"That's it? You GUESS not?"

I don't remember the hitting, but I know it happened. My face burnt so bad. As the late bell rang for period 6, David walked off as if nothing happened. Me, I was in shock more than anything. How could he hit me? Doesn't he still love me? People who's in love don't hit each other, right? Going to class was the last thing on my mind at that point. If anyone even notices I'm not there, someone will come looking for me anyways. I sat down on the floor, curled up in a ball and just cried. I was confused. He cared for me, I knew it, but he hit me and yelled at me. Did I deserve it? I mean I had no right to break our plans for tonight. After all, people in love don't blow off plans. Right?

"Kelly? Is that you?" I remembered someone calling for me. It sounded like Jessica, I didn't feel like talking to anyone, but I still said "Yup." As she walked closer she saw I wasn't myself.

"Kel? What's wrong? You are a very hard girl to get to cry."
"It's nothing, Jebbie, really."
"Kel, people don't usually come down here and cry for nothing."
"Well, what are you doing here, anyways?" I lifted my head as I said that. That was a mistake.
"OMG Kelly!" Jessica put her hand to my face, I pulled back, it was still a little sore. "David did that to you, didn't he?"
"Just never mind, ok? We can talk later, I just want to be left alone right now."
"What am I going to tell Mrs. Jacobs?"
"I don't care, Jebbie, just go, ok?"
"I love you, Kelly, and I want you to know that I am always here for when you are ready to talk, ok?"
"Thanks, Jess."

I laid my head back down in my arms. I could hear Jessica walking down the hallway. She will make up something to tell our health teacher, we're friends.

Feedback is loved!

~Darci
I met Kelly Clarkson 4.22.05 at Boston! WOO!
She called me 'So Cute' and 'So Sweet'!
SHE GAVE ME A HUGE HUG!!

~Darci Caitlin Faye~

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100