z

Young Writers Society

The Chronicles of Jared, Prologue & Chapter I

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue May 31, 2005 4:31 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

For those of you who are lucky enough to know me and my sister this story is for you.

WARNING: This story is pure humor and should not be taken seriously in any situation

Prologue

Early one spring morning, tragedy struck. Poor Jared Shmookey-Shmookey was orphaned at the ripe age of 5 ¼ years young. Alice and Douglas Shmookey-Shmookey were mysteriously murdered at their garden cottage. Little did the murderer know there was a witness to his/her acts that wishes to remain anonymous.

Jared led a miserable life with his step-uncle (twice removed) when he mystically appeared at the cottage the day Jared’s parents kicked the bucket. From that very day on until Jared was sixteen and left for law-school, he was forced to scrub the floors of his parents’ cottage with his own toothbrush.

When Jared turned 18 and graduated from law-school, he seeks revenge on his uncle, ready for a lawsuit. In the end, his uncle was victorious, and Shmookey-Shmookey is stuck on the streets. Seeking revenge again, he searches for advice from his trust worthy sidekick Sausage Lynx. Shmookey-Shmookey comes up with a fool-proof plan where they would travel the land searching for the answer to the mystery of his parents’ death. Sausage Lynx agrees to accompany Shmookey-Shmookey on this heroic adventure.

Chapter I

Jared sat quietly while he watched Sausage Lynx jump onto his coffee table.

“So when are we leaving?” Lynx asked Jared while licking his paw.

“I don’t know where are we going to go first anyway?”

Lynx didn’t answer right away, “First you must meet someone who will help you on this quest.”

Jared raised an eyebrow. “Who do we have to meet?”

“Not ‘we’ Jared, ‘you’. “

“Why just me? I thought you were coming with me on this adventure.”

“I am Jared, but this you must do alone.”

“You still haven’t answered my first question. Who is it I have to meet?”

Lynx licked his paw showing that he was in deep thought. After a minute he answers, “He is an old friend of mine, dear wise old Byron Thomas. He lives not far from this village just over Mt. Pancake and across Lake Jeorge. “

Jared stood up and walked over to the window. It was raining outside and the soft patter calmed the emotional tension in the room. Suddenly the door bursts open revealing a woman carrying a package.

“Is this the Shmookey-Shmookey residence?” her voice full of anger.

“Why yes, yes it is.” Jared gave her a puzzled look.

“Oh sorry wrong house.” As quickly as she came she skipped back out the door.

Jared ran over and shut it. He looked back at his cat who was quietly sleeping.

“That was odd.” Jared confessed.

Since our prologue was a little short my sister forced me to add Chapter I against my better judgment but this is also her story so I will do as she asks.

Reviews: 2
Tue May 31, 2005 4:54 pm
UnrequitedxDream says...

Yesssss! Thats half my story! I feel so special and now I will get a lot of weird looks cause no one knows me but you Katie. I love Lord Shmookey-Shmookey. I wonder if everyone is thinking that we are mentally insane now. Well, I am. By the way, anyone who has the misforutne of reading that pitiful story, please take into consideration that it is neither mine or Katies best work. We were bored at dinner one day, and it just happened to come into our heads. Now that I've wrote way too much here, I will go.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue May 31, 2005 6:57 pm
Firestarter says...

Errr...well if I'm not taking it seriously at all, then it was...good.

I don't really know if you want any criticism....although I didn't personally find it that funny, probably aimed towards younger audiences I imagine.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Tue May 31, 2005 9:05 pm
Armadian says...

Yeah well who cares.I thought it was amusing. Yeah agree with jack but i thought it was funny still laughing a little .Well gotta go.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27