z

Young Writers Society

Raechell (Part2)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:50 pm
ConformandObey_ItsFun says...

~*~

As I started down the cobblestone street, I pondered to myself how I would go about getting my revenge. I had tried killing him after I had discovered he had murdered Matisyn, but he was too strong, and I was too weak, and my rage had gotten the best of me. You can never fight on pure rage and actually win. No, I had to do it with stealth and cleverness. I need help, but whom? I thought to myself. Then it occurred to me…the girl. I figured it would be easy enough to find her, not only did she have a distinct smell, one of fire and anger, but also of fear and the sea. I started off to the coast, not many lived there. I assumed it would be easy.

As I grew closer I could smell her fear. It was such a strong and distinct smell to one such as myself. I grew to become quite fond of the aroma. It reminded me of feeding, which then reminded me that I had not fed the night before, or that day for that matter. That could wait, I figured. I had more important things to be concerned with.

I approached the castle, wondering what route to take in. The door was not even an option, as far as I was concerned. I studied the windows carefully. Each was large and beautiful. They would be hard to get into. I scanned the castle a few more yards, and there it was. A small window, with what used to be beautiful curtains that almost looked as though they had been shred by talons. The girl with wine-colored hair walked by the window. I chuckled slightly. I had found her.

I shifted into mist and floated on to the ledge by the window. I stared in her window for a quick second. I realized I had no time for my usual stalking. I opened the window casually and climbed in. I heard her gasp. I smiled.
“I need you.” I demanded, “You are going to help me.”
“What?” she asked in shock. “Who are you!? And why are you in my chambers?”
“Pardon my rudeness. Where have my manners gone? My name is Raechell le Fauconnier. You may call me Raech, if you must. I prefer you didn’t.” I looked her in the eyes. “And you are going to help me. And in turn. I will help you.”
She looked at me as though I were insane. I wouldn’t doubt being so. I began to talk again.
“You’re a damned fool if you think I do not know what you are.”
She looked at the ground.
“How could you help me?” She questioned.
“Very easily.” I stated. “Promise to help me and I will help you.”
She stood there pondering whether to accept my offer.
“I’m growing impatient, girl .I do not have time for this, if you are not going to help me…I have other uses for you.” I said with a straight face that soon turned into a grin. Of course I was referring to feeding, but I was bluffing. I could not feed off of any other creatures. It would kill me, and I could not, no, would not die before I took the life of Aldemar.
She did not know I was bluffing.
“My name is Bryna. And I will help you, but I cannot promise she will.” She half shouted at me.
“Oh, I can persuade her, as well, believe me.”

I smiled. Then I stared at her for a long while. This demon would not be near as large as the demons I had seen in my past. She was only half, but would still be a challenge to tame. Just then she rapped her hands around her stomach and fell to her knees. It was happening. She could not control what was inside. I smiled as she fell to the floor in pain.

There she was, lying on the ground, bruised and weak. I had wished there was another way to control her, but there wasn’t.
“Get up.” I commanded the ugly beast lying on the floor.
She listened. I was satisfied with her obedience.

~*~

*Alrighty, there was part 2. I'm going to be working on some more, but that's all I have at the moment. Hope you liked it! And like I said before. Matisyn is Rosethorn's character. Read her Mati story, for a his side of this story!*
Manda Michell

"Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough. It never is."

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver