z

Young Writers Society

Illusion of Evolution

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 pm
catherinemurder15 says...

Chapter 1: Evolution

Billions of years have passed since the formation of this magnificent universe. Our universe is a web- interlinked package that survives because of another one and that another one survives because of that one. It’s such a big complex place to live but still the human species survived all destruction and now has conquered a planet. He is now in search of another to rule and destroy for his hunger and thirst.

It was not easy at the beginning for him to thrive in this strange planet where all he saw was different, distinct and strange.

His birth is unknown but the mud, water; air around us was formed in the nucleus of a star. All the elements and compounds were formed under a lot of pressure in the nucleus of the star. When it neared its end, the supernova, it burst and scattered these elements leading to the formation of everything and anything above and below us and maybe the one in between too.

We began as threads in a bubble (I mean the DNA in a nucleus with a nuclear membrane) and evolved to different levels of the organism. The tiny bubble became a cell and then a tissue. It developed a coelom. The hollow tube extended and made way for organs. They were all fixed onto the ground. Now, it began to swim. Slowly, the swimming things began to breathe out of water and became reptiles. They rose up and gave the diversity of animals on land.

The Homo sapiens were very advanced as compared to anything else. They didn’t know that they were going to be the kings of the strange world around them.

Evolution is the change that happens in whatever you do, wherever you are and in every aspect of life . It’s the mother of the present world. It’s not an hour’s class of science or hundred pages of a textbook. It’s a change that determines the life of everything and anything from nanometer bacteria to a huge whale. The changes in the mankind bought him the so called the sixth sense without which he wouldn’t have survived the disasters of the universe. There had been, is being and will be many changes due to evolution. It’s a process that does not end until all living organism cease to exist.

Evolution brings change but not all changes are good…. Are they?
Last edited by catherinemurder15 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:51 pm
View Likes
Snoweary says...

Well, i love the theory of evolution. First of all,
Billions of years have been passed since the formation of this magnificent universe.
I prefer it to read, Billions of years have passed
The tiny bubble became into a cell and then a tissue

Notice that the word into is not fit in the sentence.
Overall, you did a really good job putting evolution in words. If i am not mistaken, you touched the idea of The Big Bang. :D
When it neared its end, the supernova, it burst and scattered these elements leading to the formation of everything and anything above and below us and maybe the one in between too.

So, keep up the good work. :D
Loving in secrecy is my specialty.
What if...I was never here in the first place.

7 Reviews

Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Thanks! I am a bit bad at grammar!

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am
View Likes
davantageous says...

I love how you end the chapter with a question?

Other things i would like to comment on were these:
The Homo sapiens were very advanced as compared to anything else. They didn’t know that they were going to be the kings of the strange world around them.

Since it signifies a species, italicize the words "homo sapiens"

Also the evolution definition, is unique. Did you come up with it?
Evolution is the change that happens in whatever you do, wherever you are and in every aspect of life.
Davantageous

7 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:03 pm

thanks for you comment! I had a big doubt whether to end with a question or not. You cleared it! I really love science and I have made my own ideologies and hypothesis. My favorite one is evolution.

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:57 am
Bintulislam says...

Well, Evolution's not my favorite topic, if taken in a literal scientific manner. But as for what I could understand from your writing is that you also hinted towards the 'evolution' that is present and observed everyday. That, I LIKED. The little changes we subject to our lives, ourselves to either end up being more human or more inhuman. This actually, identifies true evolution. Which isn't of body but mind and character. Nicely, put.

There had been, is being and will be many changes due to evolution.

The use of is being is a little odd here. Do you think, you could replace it with something more apt?

We began as threads in a bubble (I mean the DNA in a nucleus with a nuclear membrane) and evolved to different levels of the organism.

True.

It’s a process that does not end until all living organism cease to exist.

Fine piece of prose.
Enjoining Good and Forbidding Evil.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres