z

Young Writers Society

Cory (fill in your love story)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:30 pm
free2sing says...

Cory
"I don't think you're allowed to do that, are you? How about you put the roller skates away, and go brush your teeth," you tell Lea, the 7-year-old you are babysitting. She sighs, and puts the roller skates back in the garage and goes upstairs to brush her teeth. "Make sure you brush them well!!" you shout up the stairs. You walk over to the living room couch, and slump down on it. You are so tired. You're ready to go home... You don't even realize that you are drifting off, and soon enough, you're snoozing on the couch. You wake up suddenly when you feel someone shaking your shoulder. Your eyes flutter open, and you find yourself looking at a very attractive guy standing over you. "Sleeping on the job, are we?" he accuses. There are a couple of guys standing behind him with their skateboards in hand, and you shoot up from the couch when you see them. "There are three guys in the room with me watching me drool on pillows....THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING," you think to yourself. "I am SO sorry!!" you exclaim. You look at the time on your phone, and it is an hour past the time you were supposed to put Lea to bed. But there she is, right in front of you, watching TV. You try to fix your hair so you don't look any more horrible in front of these guys, and you rush over to Lea and lead her upstairs to her room. You tuck her in bed, and you're walking out of her room, praying that her mom won't be notified of the extended bedtime, when you run into the guy that woke you up from your nap. You blush and apologize for running into him. "It's cool," he says. "I'm Lea's older brother, and I'm supposed to pay you for babysitting..." He hands you over some cash, a lot more than you had in mind - which wasn't a bad thing. "Oh, thank you!" you say. "I'm sorry for-" He smiles at you. "It's okay, I won't tell my mom. I'm Cory, by the way. It was nice meeting you." "Yea, nice meeting you too!" You feel your face heating up for some reason. You aren't sure if it's from your embarrassing run in with him earlier, or the fact that he was pretty cute. "Oh, and I'm _________." "Well, we should hang out sometime, _________," he said to you. "Sounds good to me," you tell him. He looks in the direction of the stairs. "I have to get back to the guys, so thanks for babysitting Lea. I'll show you to the door." You follow him down the stairs and to the door. Before you leave, he tells you, "Hold on a second." You wait by the front door for him with his friends in the room. It's really awkward between the three of you. One of his friends nods at you. You don't know how to respond to that, but luckily, when you're trying to figure out if you should say "hi" or something, Cory comes back. He hands you a paper, and you take it from him. He opens the door for you, and says, "Have a good night, _________." "Goodnight," you reply, and smile. When he shuts the door, you scramble to open the folded paper he handed you. You're completely overjoyed when you see that Cory wrote his number on the paper.

It's a couple days later and you're still nervous about calling Cory. Of course you would like to see him, but you're unsure of what to say. You stare at the wad of paper and pull out your phone. You're going to call him. It can't be that hard, right?
You call him. It rings once, twice, and on the third ring, someone picks up. "Hello?" the voice on the line says. "Uhh...C-Cory?" "Who is this?" he asks. "Oh, it's ________," you say. Cory goes from dull to excited in an instant. "Oh, hey, ________! What's up?" "Haha, I just wanted to talk to you," you laugh nervously. "Oh, okay! Why don't you come over?" Corey asks. You freeze. He actually asked you to come over. You feel butterflies in your stomach. "Uhmm.. o-okay," you say. "When do you want me to come over?" "Whenever," he says. "Like now?" you ask. "Uhmm, sure, why not?" he said. "Okay, I guess I'll be over soon."
You look in the mirror, checking your reflection before you leave. You guess you look average, but you don't want to spend any extra time getting ready. You get on your bike and ride over, lucky for you they live so close by. You park your bike out front like usual and go up to the door and knock. You wait, and someone comes to the door: It's Lea. "Oh! __________ did you come over to play today?" she asks. You laugh, and shake your head. "I'm sorry, I'm here to see Cory." "Why?" she looks up at you suspiciously. "Because we're good friends," you say, unable to come up with any other excuse. "Okay, if you say so..." Lea says. Then she closes the door on you. "Oh, well...okay then," you think. "I guess I won't be hanging out with Cory today." Suddenly, the door opens up, and Cory is standing in the doorway. He's so tall compared to you. He welcomes you in. "Hey __________," he says, "how are you?" "I'm good, thank you," you say awkwardly. You both sit down on the couch he caught you sleeping on a couple of nights ago. You really don't know what to say. "Are you thirsty?" he asks you. "Yea, thanks," you say. He grabs you a bottle of water and joins you on the couch. You both just sit there. You're sipping the water so you don't have to talk, and Cory is just twiddling his thumbs. "He's really cute. I wish he'd say something interesting," you think. After a few more seconds of thumb-twiddling, he speaks up. "Hey, do you wanna learn how to skateboard? I'll teach you a little, if you're up for it," Cory tells you. "That sounds fun," you smile up at him. He grabs your hand and takes you to the backyard. You've never been in the backyard before. It has a skate ramp and a pool. He hands you a board. "Alright, just step on," he says. You do what he says and surprisingly, the skateboard is harder to balance on than it looks. Corey tries to keep you up, but you slip and the skateboard flies out from under your feet and you fall. "Ohhh, ouch..." you mumble while you lay flat on your back. "Are you okay?" Cory asks, worried. He tries to lift you up, but you surprise yourself by pulling him down with you. You both laugh, and then you slowly stop laughing. Cory is laying beside you, and he's awfully close, which makes you feel good. He looks you with his green eyes, and you're so lost in them, you don't even expect him to pull you to him and make an attempt to kiss you. He misses, hitting your bottom lip. "Oh..oops," he says, blushing. He tries again, this time he kisses you passionately, and you kiss him back. You feel the warmth of his body against yours and the cold cement beneath you. You're so into the kiss, you are completely unaware of your injuries as well as a shocked Lea standing above you. Cory pulls away from you and whispers in your ear, "You should fall more often."
Forever is happening right now.

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:07 am
AllessandreP says...

Wow, that was really good. I wasn't sure what to expect, but definitely caught my attention. Is there a sequel or some kind of continuation? I hope so! Thanks for the good read!
Allessandre P
I was on here as Allessandre, but I changed my email and forgot about this site for a while. By the time I came back, I'd forgtten my password. My old account
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15926

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took