z

Young Writers Society

I Hate Him Chapter 16

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:37 am
Nike says...

Chapter 16

Standing on the side walk, I noticed a dozen cars parked in front of her house. I guess this party’s huge, like really huge.
My heels clicked against the pavement, bringing me extreme confidence. I flashed a smile, ready to crash the party.

The sun was just setting as I reached the door, hearing music booming from the house. I knocked on the huge dark wood front door, waiting for someone to open the door.

The two door opened with Harry flashing a smile. My heart jumped but I regained some kind of wit.

“Oh, so you came.” He said slyly.

“Yes, I came,” I breathed in deeply.

God, he looked exceedingly… no, I’m not gonna go there again. But, he looked exceptionally nice for a party like this.
Jacket from a suit, black skinny jeans, red converse, white T-shirt. Perfect Harry attire.

I swallowed loudly and tried to take a step into the house.

Harry blocked my way with his arm. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“What are you…” I looked into his eyes, almost melting, “… the body guard?”

“Well, as a matter of fact, I am.” He said.

I chuckled, not believing him. “Sure…”

“Show me your invitation.”

He took my red mini dress in, making me feel a bit exposed and uncomfortable. Now, if I would still love him, wouldn’t I feel comfortable?

Yes.

“Um, I…” He cut me off, “…don’t have one?”

I nodded, still holding my confidence.

“Well, you aren’t the body guard so let me through…” I pushed through but he wouldn’t let me in.

Catching a glimpse of the party, I saw Georgie in there, partying with all the guys. They were dancing to Florence and
The Machine – Kiss with a Fist. My favorite song by her.
Grr, no fair.

“Georgie…?” I asked in shock.

Harry turned his head, seeing exactly what I have my eyes on.

“Yeah, she had an invitation…” he checked his clipboard, “Wait, no she didn’t!”

“And you let her in,” I looked at him, putting my hands on my hips.

He smirked, sending a surge of electricity down me. Crap, why is this still happening to me when I don’t even like him anymore? We’re enemies again!

“No, she came with Vince Hameln… I remember that.” He sighed.

My jaw dropped in surprise.

“What…?!”

Vince Hameln, I bet you guys are like, “Why are you shocked?!” “Who is this guy or girl?!” Now why would a girl be named Vince? Now think about that weirdoes’! No, just kidding… He’s a guy. He’s the most out-of-league-guy for her, as in, he’s super popular.

Vincent is Hayley’s brother. That’s the only reason she’s popular. He’s the quarterback of our football team, the best one.
That’s why she’s out of his league. It’s impossible that she would ever go with that kind of guy. I mean, I’m not saying that she can’t go with him, but at the same time I am. But no, she’s a great girl, but it just doesn’t fit. We are the lowest people in the food chain, he’s the highest. There you go, you got it? He’s a bad guy, she’s a great girl. Player vs. Sweetheart.

Exactly.

“Yeah, I’m shocked too,” he said.

People were pushing against me, trying to get into the party of a lifetime. I, well, I just couldn’t move. I had to get in, just had to.

“Harry…” I can’t do the seducing again because that would be bad.

Yeah, I still kept my conscience to him.

“Fine, you can go in, but you have to be my date.” My heart jumped right when he said date.

I felt hot all over, feeling slightly light headed.

Regaining my confidence, I spoke back weakly, “Fine, if that’s wh-what I have to do then ok,” I croaked the end.
He smiled, making me smile back and took my hand, making me jump.

“Ready?” he asked.

I nodded. He put his clipboard on the ground and took me in.

The whole party just swifted me in, like there’s no tomorrow. We walked into a room that was completely well, amazing. The walls were black, splattered with so many colors from the rainbow that you’d think it rained colors in here.
People danced to the music of We the Kings, smiling, laughing. Girls are dressed from head to toe in amazing outfits. Guys are dressed in the greatest for this grand event.

“Um, Harry…?” I asked, shocked by my own voice.

“What…?” he looked at me, making it hard for me to look into his eyes.

“Never mind,” I turned away.

Georgie stood by the chocolate fountain, pocking her strawberry into it. She lathered it with chocolate.

“No, what were you going to ask?” he begged.

“I just wanna know…” finally, I let my thoughts out. They’ve been on my mind ever since we broke up. “Why does my heart race every time I see you smile? Why do I almost faint every time I hear your voice? Why do I… I wanna kiss you?” I asked, feeling my heart release this ton from itself.

His eyes, those brownies, looked at my oceans. My heart jumped since the ton was lifted. There was complete lust and
another emotion I couldn’t record in them. I could feel his hand get hotter by the second.

“I don’t know why Jessa, but I have the same questions as well.” He admitted.

He leaned into me as I shut my eyes. I felt his breath graze against my lips when I realized what was going to happen. I pulled abruptly away.

“No,” I said sharply.

Shocked, he spoke. “What…? Why not…?”

Even though my heart was crushing at the thought of his lips not touching mine, I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. Is that understandable? I hate him, and I have a boyfriend. The one I’ve been waiting for, the one I’ve wanted since ever.

“Because I have a boyfriend,” I whispered, feeling something get stuck in my throat.

“Then why did you say those things?” he asked.

“What things…?” my mind was fogging up from all this stress.

It was like I was in a whole different world, no, universe.

“That you wanted to kiss me…” he reminded me.

“Because… I was… trying to fool you,” I lied.

“That’s a lie Jess,”

I pulled my hand away, feeling the warmth rush away.

“Because, because…” I lost my words.

Tears, they stung my eyes. I didn’t wanna cry. I wanted to be the strong one for once. Not weak. This time I don’t even know what the hell is going on.

Harry’s face showed complete shock and wonder. He wanted to kiss me. Harry, he, God no, he still… it’s so hard to even think. He still… loves me.

I took a deep breath, holding in my tears.

“I don’t know why, so let’s forget about it okay?” I said quietly, turning on my heel.

“Where are you going?” he asked.

I ran, ran as fast as I could in my heels. As far away from him. I needed a break from love, I needed to party. To have fun. And tonight was most definitely gonna be the night.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun May 01, 2011 7:07 pm
View Likes
Soulkana says...

This was great!!! I had read the other chapters but I couldn't review when I got done....I blame school XD. Anyways amazing job and I really liked it! Keep up the good work. I hope you get many helpful reviews since I can't find anything wrong lols. Well good luck and hopefully I will be rereading reviewing the other chapters now!!! Haha Good luck and Happy Writing!!!
Soulkana<3
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

156 Reviews

Reviews: 156
Sun May 01, 2011 7:25 pm
View Likes
KatTrain says...

Standing on the side walk, I noticed a dozen cars parked in front of her house. I guess this party’s huge, like really huge
I liked this a lot. You can really sense the character.

My heels clicked against the pavement, bringing me extreme confidence. I flashed a smile, ready to crash the party.

Explain the sound of your heels clicking. Does the sound reassure you and therefore give you confidence? Elaborate.
setting as I reached the door porch, ..someone to open the door it.

The two door

two door? Find a better name
My heart jumped
elaborate on this emotion

Jacket from a suit,

How about, suit jacket? Sounds a bit better.j

“What are you…” I looked into his eyes, almost melting, “… the body guard?”

soo cute, love this
Now, if I would still love him,

what?

Grr, no fair.

Use 'ugh' instead of grr.

We’re enemies again!

Now think about that weirdoes’!

Seeing as no one thought it would be a girls at all, this really just leaves the reader going 'wut?'.
He’s the most out-of-league-guy for her, as in, he’s super popular.

Awkward, choppy wording. Remember to keep it like normal conversation

“Fine, you can go in, but you have to be my date.”

You should draw this out. Like 'fine, for a price..' or 'sure, on one condition' etc
I felt hot all over, feeling

Don't use feel and feeling so close

\
took my hand,

this seems slightly unrealistic

swifted

not a word...

Why does my heart race every time I see you smile? Why do I almost faint every time I hear your voice? Why do I… I wanna kiss you?”

no one would talk like this irl

those brownies, looked at my oceans

This seems like an immature comparison
since the ton weight was

“No,” I said sharply.

good twist
I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. Is that understandable? I hate him, and I have a boyfriend.

oo self denial you're pleasing the crowd with this

“Then why did you say that?!” he asked.

Because… I was… trying to fool you,” I lied.

no one talks like this

Good luck and keep writing!
So, a dyslexic man walks into a bra....

1503 Reviews

Reviews: 1503
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:22 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

This was all very jumpy and I'm afraid you're returning to your old writing style. If you want a big advanced critique once you've finished, feel free to email me the whole story.
I'll do nitpicks, character development, structure, language, imagery, appeal to the audience... whatever you'd like really. I want you to carry this on because it's a mammoth acheivement to get this far in a novel and you shouldn't give up.
It could be really good but it definitely needs a few read throughs.
As with all of your chapters so far, the end was far better than the beginning as you seem to get into your stride more later on.
Work on your speech, and stick in some connectives!

Why can't I put the entire Bee Movie in the quote generator? Would you prefer if I put in the Shrek script instead?
— CaptainJack