z

Young Writers Society

I Hate Him *8*

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am
Nike says...

Chapter 8

“Alright class, welcome back to Science class,” Mr. Kleparski greeted.

He was our Science teacher, obviously. He’s cool like our Polish teacher. But, I’m not so good in Science, so this doesn’t really help my GPA score build up like Polish class does.

I saw something fall on my desk and I saw it. It was a note. I opened the crumpled paper and saw Sam’s hand writing.

Yeah, we go to the same class. He’s not so good in it though.

It said: Whoa, Georgie acted really weird during lunch! Y????

I wrote: dude, u don’t know y?

Maybe he’ll find out on his own. But my brain was completely against it, it’s like my heart connected to it too.

I threw it back and he opened it right away. He rolled his eyes and jotted down some words.

I watched our red haired teacher just so he wouldn’t catch us. He’s a cool teacher, around his twenties, just out of collage but, he does get angry. I noticed that his nostrils were flaring... what hppened now? Did he see us?

Sam passed it back and I read the black inked words.

Well I may know…

This time I’m the one who rolled my eyes and I wrote some blue words.

Then tell me! I’m not gonna tell u unless u know already!
Wait, that made no sense. But, oh well.

I passed it back and waited for his answer. I taped my fingers against my desk and noticed that everyone was writing something down. I swiveled my head around the classroom, everyne was writing soomething down!

I looked over at the seat to my left and saw Hayley. So, I tapped her shoulder. She looked angry when she saw me. What did I do now?!

“What…?” She hissed.

“Um, uh…” I was scared to reply. She might just bite my head off from her stare.

“Well Fuller?!”

“What are we doing now, I didn’t hear the teacher.” I begged.

She rolled her eyes and flipped her red hair over her shoulder. No wonder she was so mean, she seemed so stuck up sometimes, for God's sake, she was wearing the most expensive dress I've ever seen and she braged about it at lunch.

“Uh, we have to do these problems,” she showed me them.

Her writing was readable, which helped me. I dotted down the fifteen problems.

“Thanks Hayley,” I whispered and turned back.

A note laid on my grey desk and I opened it as I did the work. I saw Sam writing something so I guessed that he was doing the same thing.

That makes no sense Jessa! But, I get it… u want me 2 find out be myself. I think she likes me…?

I replied: So, do u think? Or know?

I threw the note back and he was shocked, then he looked at me and sighed. My mind boggled. Crap, everything in me was seriously against this. My heart pumped faster every time I looked at him.

I finished the science equations and waited for the rest of the class. He threw the note back and I opened it right away.

I think that I know… haha. No, I know. Uh do u know the answer 2 number 3?

That’s gr8 that u know. She does like u, a lot. Um, number 3 is like this: COOH+

I threw it back and he caught it in his hands. He jotted down the answer and replied on the note. I regretted what I wrote. But why? Why is this awkward feeling haunting me? It left when I was with Harry! Why can’t it just go away forever!?

“Class…? Are we done?” Mr. Kleparski asked with his hands clasped together.

“Yes…” The whole class went.

He smiled and started reading problem one. He seemed less angry, those nostrils stopped flaring and he had a small smile on his tan face.

“What’s the answer, um, Hayley?” he looked at Hayley.

She blushed as red as her hair and replied.

“KOH…?” She finished.

He clapped.

She was one of those kids that learned fast.

The note fell on my desk and I read it. My eyes got wider as I read every word like five more times.

It read: Thx 4 the answer (: now um, I don’t know if I shld ask her out…

Only if u like her back! U can’t just go out with her just to go out with her!!! It wld break her heart.

I gave it back and he read it right away with no hesitation. Oh, so now I stop him…

He handed it back: but she wldn’t know!

I might just tell her from guiltiness!

He shook his head and that’s when the bell rang.

“Okay class, for homework you gotta read page number forty five. See you next time,” Mr. Kleparski smiled from ear to ear and his brown eyes glittered in the light.

I grabbed my backpack and slid all my books away. The rest of the class did the same as Sam waited for me. I stood up and we walked down our aisles.

“Wait,” Mr. Kleparski stopped us from going any further.

My heart almost stopped beating. He puts his hands on his hips and looked at us sternly.

Did he catch us?

“I saw you pass notes during class,” my face heated up.

I took a small glance at Sam and his face was as red as a tomato.

“We’re so sorry Mr. Kleparski!” I apologized.

“Now, I won’t give you detention, because you guys were good at covering some of it up. I’ll just give you extra homework,”

Sam breathed in deeply and I sighed of relief. This was going to be complicated.

Then, he pointed at me.

“It won’t be easy,”

I gulped and waited for his response.

“You have to write a whole report on the COOH+ resolution,” he said.

That wasn’t so hard, but it was.

“Okay, thank you Mr. K,” Sam said calmly.

He smiled.

“Goodbye Mr. Kleparski,” I greeted.

We both left the room and sighed once we were five feet away from it. Sam cracked up and I eyed him.

“Dude, what’s so funny?” I asked.

He put his hand against his mouth, “Because you’ll finally have a hard piece of homework!”

I rolled my eyes and pushed him. My stomach did its original flip though. It never misses its signal, Sam’s laugh.

“Hey,” he yelled.

I chuckled and swerved my way through the basketball team that passed by us. That’s when I saw Harry again. My heart skipped a beat and my whole body heated up. We stared at each other and it felt as if the time went by slowly with every second that felt like a minute.

That’s when Sam shook me and I came back to reality.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked.

“Uh, um, nothin’,” I lied.

“Nu-uh, you were like in a different world,”

“At least I don’t wanna date someone just to make them happy Sam, at least I don’t wanna break his or her heart because I just wanna make them happy! At least I trust the one I’m with, at least…” tears were trying to break through my simple blue eyes.

My breathing was fast and my heart was beating like crazy, it was about to pop out of my chest.

Sam eyed me with wild eyes. He was shocked of my anger.

“Oh my God, I just, uh, I don’t wanna give her false hope. I want her happy, like I want you happy. You guys are my best friends. I won’t date her, don’t worry. She would have found out from you and eventually me,” he admitted.

I sighed with relief but I still was full of regret and anger. He placed his hands on my shoulders which sent tingles down my spine.

“…and don’t worry about that guy over there,” he joked, which caused me to smile a bit, “He’s not worth your sorrow and regret. Forget about him, okay? Just for me…?” he begged.

I laughed a little and he smiled. That smile made my heart jump. Wait, why did it do that?

We started walking forward and he put his arm around my shoulder, just to comfort me.

I sat at Georgie’s house. She was pacing back and forth through her room in anger. I didn’t know what was up yet so I was simply waiting.

The purple and red polka doted walls were my main attraction right now. Nothing was being said between us. It was pissing me off to the last minute.

“I’m sick of it Georgie! Tell me what’s going on!” I spit out.

She stopped in front of me cautiously. Her hands were on her hips and she was bent down.

“Hmm, you don’t know what’s going on?!” she practically yelled.

I scooted back on her white bed from her wrath.

“Well…?”

“You know that I like Sam, right? Like really do,” she started to explain.

I nodded and pulled my knees under my chin.

“Mhm,” I murmured.

She breathed deeply and sat in front of me on the floor.

“Then why are you dating him, going out with him behind my back!?” this time she yelled those lies.

“Excuse me…?” I asked, shocked. I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes and stood up.

“Don’t be laughin’!” she demanded.

“But this is all a piece of bull! I’m not in a bed of lies you know,” I protested, even though I wanted it to be… true.

No. This was not the right answer brain. No.

She started pacing again and her cheeks grew pink. She was really angry now. I stood up and stopped her by putting my hands on my shoulders.

She tried to take them off but I didn’t budge.

“But listen Georgie, we are not dating on any circumstance!” My body tingled from regret.

“Oh yeah, really? Then why did he put his arm around your shoulders, why did he say ‘Just for me,’, why did he kiss you?”

My jaw dropped when she said ‘kissed you,”

“Wait, wait wait wait wait, he didn’t kiss me, that’s one. He did those things to comfort me. I saw…Harry then.” I put my arms down and looked at the carpeted floor.

I hate carpets, they’re just so dirty. I had to take my mind off that moment.

“Oh, but that’s not an excuse for comforting! Comforting is meant for the dating stage!” she protested.

“So does that mean we’re dating, I’m dating my family?”

She rolled her eyes.

“No! But friends don’t comfort for the heck of it,”

I shook her and walked back to the snow white bed.

“Yes they do, you do it, I do it,”

“But guys don’t do it,” she walked up to me.

I rolled my eyes and dug my head into my hands. I shook my head and put my hands back down. She was very hard to handle.

“Yes…they do,” I said sharply.

“Fine, they do, but that’s still not an explana…” I cut her off.

“Yes, it is Georgie now stop it.” I demanded harshly.

“Whoa, take a chill pill,”

I stood up in front of her, eyeing her.

“Me, take a chill pill…?” I pointed at myself, “…ha-ha very funny, you’re the one protesting, getting angry for no reason, killing me with words Georgie! You’re the one who should take a fricking chill pill!” I yelled at her face.

My heart pounded faster than five hundred miles an hour.

When I stopped, she had wild eyes, her jaw dropped and she was as pale as Voldemort.

“Okay, okay,” she looked back down.

“Thank you,” I pushed passed her and grabbed the door knob.

“Wait, where’re you going?”

I turned around and saw her confused face.

“Home, I don’t wanna pick a fight again,”

I opened the chalk painted door and headed down the stairs. She was pissing me off. That’s it.

The TV ran The Bridget Jones Diary as I ate my pepperoni pizza.

Colin Firth stood in the kitchen and looked in the pot. It had something blue in it. Like I knew what it was…

That’s when my bedroom door opened and I saw my mom’s smiling face.

“Hey,” she whispered.

I pressed pause. We talked earlier about the fight, and she said that we would be fine later. I really hope that’s true. And I bet it is.

“Hey, just watching a Hugh Grant marathon, alone.” I sighed and took a look at myself.

I had my favorite sweats on: a pair of cream Arabian pants, my favorite peace sign top and some green ankle high slippers. Just perfect for the breakup after math and best friend fight after math. The best friend thing came easier though.

She chuckled, “You have a guest and I bet he’ll make you feel a whole lot better,” she smiled.

“Okay, let him in,”

I looked at my door and I saw Sam carrying a set of Top Gear DVD’s. I smiled from ear to ear and my mom shut the door.

He sat down next to me on the other bean bag. My heart went crazy contacting with my brain. I guess it needed help on how to proceed…?

“Wow, you’ve got the sweats on,” he said.

“Yup, that bad.”

He chuckled and laid down the DVD’s on the floor. He took a look at the screen and cringed. Hugh Grant movies weren’t his thing.

“Okay, you wanna get over that breakup or what…?” he pointed at the screen.

I laughed and turned off the DVD.

“Yeah,”

“Then these will be better,”

The good thing was that I liked guy stuff too, like Top Gear. They’re one of my favorite British shows. I watched it almost every day with my family.

He stood up and slipped the DVD into the PS2. I played movies on that thing. I pressed the X button and Jeremy Clarkson started talking. He sat back down and grabbed a piece of the pizza.

“Thanks for coming even though I didn’t ask,” I thanked him.

He looked at me and smiled, “I know when my friend needs a friend even though her actual best friend should do it,”

My heart did the ‘skip a beat’ routine again. It was back on track.

“Hey, you are my actual best friend!”

“You know what I mean, girls are closer,”

“No actually, guys and girls are closer, but I get what you mean,”

We continued watching a Top Gear marathon instead of a Hugh Grant marathon. That’s the cool thing about guys; they hate Hugh Grant even though I love him. They help us girls feel better after breakups.

I walked into the warm school and saw the hallways all empty. Oh crap, I’m late for class!

I checked my cell phone, but it said seven forty am. Wait, I was early by thirty minutes! What the heck was going on? No school.

Wait, there’s not that much snow out there. I walked all the way here.

I walked up to my locker, but didn't open it. I started to search the premiteter.

Hm, what was today? Snow day... no. President's Day...no... hm.

The only thing I could hear was my footsteps and a vacum. The vacum came from the classroom next to me, I guess that the janitor's don't get a weird day off as well.

I had a really bad feeling about this.

But, I waltzed down the hall and turned left. Still no one in sight. I felt my chest jump as I walked down this hall. It was the one with all the school pictures tapped onto the wall. I saw mine and Harry's, it was of us kissing in the hall that very day.

I gulped and walked up to it. The pictures around it were some from the prom last year, not ours of course, I mean we were just Sophmors! Girls were dressed in beautiful ball gowns, it was the night under the stars version of the prom. But, I looked back at the picture.

I was leaning against my locker and Harry was kissing me, just like that. I did look shocked, my face was completly red! He, he looked great. It looked as if that was the right thing to do for him, not sight of any blush, any hesitation. My breathing rapidly increased and I could feel myself getting hotter by the second. I turned away from the picture, it just made me wanna throw up.

I ran down the school, passing the glassed in computer lab, stacked up library, and red and blue halls. I calmed down and I was much cooler now, that picture should be burned, it's a health violation! I walked by a classroom, oh, it was the Math classroom.

No one sat in the seats, that’s odd. Then I felt someone tap my shoulder and I jumped. I turned around and saw Harry.

My stomach churned.

“What are you doi-,” he cut me off with a kiss.

It was nice. Just how I remembered it, soft lips. Soft kiss overall. But, I pulled away, disgusted.

We broke up, this is not supposed to happen. My heart skipped a beat and I couldn’t look him in the eyes.

“Hey dude!” I heard Sam yell.

Where was he?
I turned my head and saw Sam standing at the end of the hall. He came bolting at us and he pushed Harry off of me. That was a relief.

“Leave her alone, you broke her heart once, don’t do it again!” he said strictly.

I swallowed loudly in shock. He was protecting me.

Harry looked at him with wild eyes. I guess he’s shocked too. But, he pushed him away.

“I know what I’m doing Samuel,” no one ever called Sam that.

Sam this time swallowed loudly.

“…and don’t ever do that to me again,” he said sharply.

Harry stormed away and I sighed from relief. Sam came up to me still angry.

“What’s wrong with you? Why are you letting him play with you?” Sam yelled at me.

“But, I, uh… he came up to me out of nowhere!” I protested.

He calmed down. The blush that shaped his face slowly faded with every breath he took.

“So, where’s everybody?” I asked.

He lead me down the hall as we spoke.

“There’s no school today actually, I’m here because I had to grab some sheets for my mom,”

Oh yeah, his mom works here as the nurse. No wonder he came here.

“She’s the one who said that there’s no school to me, but she was too lazy to come,”

“So, why was Harry here? Oh, and why is there no school?”

“So many questions…” I cut him off.

“So much time,”

We reached my locker as we walked down the hall. I took a peak at it, no there was nothing to take.

“Well, today is school improvement day and I don’t know why he was here actually.” He answered.

Oh! School Improvment Day! I completly forgot! They told us that yesterday, but that still doesn't cover why Harry was here...
I hit my head lightly and burst out laughing. The hallway was silent. Seriously, this place was like a dessert, empty. Well, not really, we were here.

Once Sam opened the door the cold air hit my face and I shivered. God, I love winter and snow. But does it have to be this cold?
We walked down the school steps and headed to Sam’s car. He had a Ford pickup truck.

“Sam, Georgie was angry at me because…” he cut me off this time.

“I know, she told me,” he sighed

We opened the doors of the black truck and I threw my jean designed backpack on the floor. I shut the door and so did he. He started the car and hot air right away hit me face. We buckled up as he started to drive.

“She told you…?” I asked in shock.

“Yeah, she was that angry, but I assured her that we’re just starting to date.” He joked.

“Hey,” I protested.

He cracked up and so did I. I looked out the windshield. The street lights at the crossing were green so he kept on driving forward. I leaned against the cotton tan seat and relaxed.

“What did you really say, and don’t tell me that you lied about liking her back unless you do like her back,” I begged.

He kept his eyes on the road and turned left.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself?” we passed her house.

“You just passed her house; I can’t ask her now,”

“I can go back,”

I sighed.

“No, just tell me Sam,”

He looked at me for a second and sighed.

“I told her that we aren’t dating and that I don’t like her that way,” he spit out.

“Thank you, that’s what I wanted to hear. The world is at peace now,”

“That’s what you want it to be, not others.” He protested.

I sat up.

“Hey, hey, hey! I don’t want another fight now!”

“I guess you have bad luck then,”

“Hey, Sam! Do you want her to be sad, well, do you?” I asked.

“Well, no, but I want her to be happy as well!” he tapped against the steering wheel.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my phone.

No messages at all.

“Sorry dude, you can’t do that.”

“I know, but that’s fine. At least I don’t have to fake liking her,” he agreed with me.

I smiled, “That’s good, very good,”

He turned left and he stopped in front of someone’s huge house.

“Uh, where are we?” I asked, confused.

He opened the door and held onto it. The cold air flew in and I shivered.

“I gotta grab something from here,” he explained.

I smiled and he shut the door. I decided to put on some music so I blasted the radio on. My favorite Ke$ha song came on so I started to sing to it.

Hot and dangerous if you’re one of us then roll with us…” I sang.

I wasn’t a huge fan of pop; I was more of a rock fan. I mean, We the Kings and Ozzy Osbourne attacked my iPod! But, some pop are acceptable for me.

I looked out the driver’s window and saw him talking to some guy. I wasn’t far sighted, which sucked at this moment, but I kind of recognized him.

It was this guy from the basketball team. Crap, no, he wouldn’t be doing this. My stomach burned... he wouldn't even be this cruel now would he?!

Sam came walking back and waved to the guy. The dude went back into the house and Sam opened the driver’s door.

“So, who was that?” I asked, turning down the music.

“Uh, no one important,” he lied.

He started the engine and shut the door. I scratched my head and waited for a more better reply.

And waited.

Still waited.

I stared out the windshield and leaned my chin against my palm. We passed a couple of street lights and a park. I wasn’t really concentrating on anything out there.

“You know what Sam…?” I asked a little too harshly than I thought I would.

“Mhm,”

“Did you tell that guy to keep Harry away from me?” I asked, pointing at myself.

His jaw dropped in shock.

“No…” he lied again.

I sighed, loudly and asked the same question again.

“I said no!” he said, angrily.

“Oh come on Sam! I know that you did, why else would you be there?” I begged.

He came to a halt, “I thought that you didn’t want another fight,”

I yawned.

He was seriously pissing me off. I’m just that kind of a person that gets pissed off fast. So, you better watch out when you talk to me. But then I regret the anger later.

So that sucks too.

“Sorry, but I wanna know,”

“You don’t have to know everything,” he leaned against the seat.

My heart pounded faster and I was heating up from anger. I saw Sam’s eyes close then slowly open. He seemed angry too.

“Gosh, sorry, I guess I’m a fricken’ princess that wants to know everything, I know. I’m annoying. But, why else would you be there?” I explained, flaring my hands in the air.

He sat up and looked at me straight into my eyes. My heart pounded even more and tingles were sent down my body.

“Yes, I was there to tell him that, but that’s why I didn’t want to tell you. You’d think that I like you or something. Or that I’m crazy and Harry will leave you alone even if I didn’t do that,” he looked at his hands.

My stomach started to flip and I was freaking out inside.
Why do I feel like this?

I really badly want to hug him, make him feel comfortable, appreciated. I kind of wanna kiss him.
WAIT! What is wrong with me?!

“Stop it.” I said out loud.

I covered my mouth and widened my eyes.

“What…? I’m explaining…”

“No, I said that to myself,” I cut him off.

I breathed deeply and looked away from him. I couldn’t look at him after that horrible thought. Okay, it wasn’t that horrible, but at the same time, it was.

He started driving again and I couldn’t stop thinking about it.

He turned on the radio and this time We the Kings filled the awkward air. The song ‘What You Do To Me’ came on. Tingles went sent down my spine when the lead singer sang out “I can make you laugh until you cry,” that’s what Sam did a lot.

My head is spinning ‘cause of you…” he sang on.

Gosh, that’s happening now.

No, I can’t be.

NO! I CAN’T BE!

I’m falling for him…
Last edited by Nike on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:38 pm
Sins says...

Hey, Nike!

I've come to review this as requested. I'm a billion times sorry that this is late, especially after you reviewed my request basically straight away. At least I'm here now though, eh? If you have any questions or comments about this review when I'm done, don't hesitate to let me know by a PM or a wall comment.

Overall, I think that this was a good chapter. I like where this novel is going, and I'm interested in seeing what will happen next. You've managed to create some really interesting characters here, so really well done for that. I'm a big fan of characters and how writers portray them. Because of that, I feel extra happy to see that you've got some really good character to read about in this.

One thing before I get to the critiques and such!

No wonder she was so mean, she was a red head. All red heads are evil and mean.

:lol: Be careful not to offend anybody. The last thing you want is a group of red haired people chasing after you with pitchforks and such. I have noticed this a few times... I get that Jessa has quite a sarcastic, angry personality, but you need to be careful sometimes not to say things too bluntly.

The main thing that I noticed about this was that you often seem to tell instead of show. I have noticed this in previous chapters, but I especially noticed it in this chapter. The good news is that they are only minor things. You don't tell, not show, character's personalities, for example, but you tell us minor things. Habbits is one, for example. I'll show you an example actually.

When I talk, I have hand movements. I like talk with my hands and mouth.

This is a good example. Don't tell us that your MC talks with her hands. Describe her waving her arms around when she speaks, or flapping her hands. Something along those lines. Also the second sentence in that quote sounds a bit odd to me. I mean, of course she talks with her mouth... I don't know many people who can talk with their elbow.

The only other critique I can think of is that I found the scene where Jessa went to school, then found out there wasn't school unrealistic. Was it closed because of the snow? Even if it was, wouldn't there have been a few people at school anyway? If there was no way of her finding out, there couldn't have been a way for others to find out. Then again, you mentioned something about a school improvement day? If that is the case, wouldn't Jessa know there was no school? Even if she hadn't remembered or something, wouldn't she have noticed that the school was completely empty?

You did mention her noticing a lack of students, but she still went along as normal. If I was in school and noticed that it was deserted, I wouldn't have really looked in my locker and casually headed to class. You could have maybe had her wandering around to see if there was, in fact, no one in the school at all. It's the whole carrying on as normal thing that seems really weird to me.

Keep writing,

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

1503 Reviews

Reviews: 1503
Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:44 pm
IcyFlame says...

I shan't review this one too much because Skins already has and who am I to disagree with her? Paul will probably eat me... it's a rather scary thought!

The end of this chapter was actually much better even though it did pretty much point out the obvious fact. Honestly, I thought she knew it already, they were dating weren't they? There are some things in life that you just can't go through without ending up being a lot closer. And he's saved her... how many times now?
Try to add in some twists to the story, it's in danger of becoming very cliché and predictable.

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda