z

Young Writers Society

I Hate Him *4* Part 2

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:53 am
Nike says...

He covered my eyes with his scarf. I had no clue to where I was going at all. All I could hear were our footsteps against the crackling snow and then the smooth floors. His hands were on my shoulders as his lead me to nowhere.

“Is this really necessary?” I pointed to the scarf.

“Yes Jessa,” he laughed.

A smile grew on my face.
Then we came to a halt and he took off the scarf and I saw his wonderful face. My smile grew bigger and I could feel my heart speeding.
He moved away so I could see what the surprise was.
No, no way.
Tears burned my eyes while I couldn’t believe my own sight.

“No way Harry!” I said.

He hugged me and said, “I knew that you would like this,”

“You’re wrong, I love it,”

I took in the most amazing sight in the world. I once told him on a Christmas night that I’ve always loved it when in Romantic movies the lovers admit their love to each other in mid dance. When the romantic music plays and they are stuck with each other no matter what. The other dancers sway around them and they stared into each other’s eyes and kiss.
There were many dancers in elegant dresses of colors of cream, baby pink, Sky blue, chocolate brown, and yellow. A piano player was placed on a stage that lay in front of us. The long red curtains shaped the windows as the dancers put in their masks.
My heart skipped a beat and Harry lead me to the dance floor. Then I heard my favorite song ever, by one of my favorite bands. One Republic’s “Marchin On” was playing through the speakers. I looked up and noticed that the actual band stood up there and the lead singer played on the piano as he sang.

“No way,” I whispered.

“What…?” Harry asked.

“One Republic is up there!” I whispered loudly.

He smiled and I looked up at them once again. Those words that he sang made my heart flutter and I hugged Harry as hard as I possibly could.

“Thank you so much,” I kissed his cheek.

He blushed and we continued to dance to that wonderful beat of the piano.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:57 pm
Kagi says...

Glad to be the first to review.
Too be honest this was a little short and I don't mean to be harsh but a bit like empty.
I mean the plot just went no where. I mean it was almost like an experiment :) Don't give up when your are writing. It has good potential, don't get me wrong, there was lovely description and the imagery was great but I just feel the plot went nowhere. Like you started writing and then gave up haalf way. Like there was so much more to come. It was good thought, I did really like it! What I'm getting at here if Im honest is that well, I guess I was dying for more and then when it came I just needed too much more! I really love this series and I think you are writing it really well you just need to keep heart. Dont give up half way. Write more. Let me know. This story is showing passion but not enough of it. It shows alot of things really but only through a window. Its like were giving a brush to search for nits in your hair (ugh I know :D ) but you really need a fine tooth comb. We never have enough.
Write more.
Please.
Because its good. It was the makings of being great. So don't give up on it.
I don't mean to be harsh so I'm sorry If you feel sad ;) xD
Good luck.
Kaka
Merry easter. xxx
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 pm
IcyFlame says...

Firstly, I have to ask why you bothered splitting this chapter into two parts to post it? I expected this to be a lot longer, otherwise it doesn't really constitute half a chapter.

Agreeing with what Kagi said, this was completely devoid of emotion and as a result quite empty. It seems to me that you have merely listed what happended with the two of them in order and then finished. Show us how she felt, describe the beautiful scene. Let us know her reaction to the words he speaks, and make us fall for Harry in the way she is doing. Allow us to live through your character.

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:19 pm
IcyFlame says...

Well this is a lot shorter than the other chapters, so I'll try to be more detailed.
Nike wrote:***
He covered my eyes with his scarf. I had no clue to where I was going at all. All I could hear were our footsteps against the crackling snow and then the smooth floors. His hands were on my shoulders as his lead me to nowhere. You can expand this for sure!

“Is this really necessary?” I pointed to the scarf.

“Yes Jessa,” he laughed.

A smile grew on my face.
Then we came to a halt and he took off the scarf and I saw his wonderful face. My smile grew bigger and I could feel my heart speeding.
He moved away so I could see what the surprise was.
No, no way.
Tears burned my eyes while I couldn’t believe my own sight. You need to stop starting new paragraphs for things.

“No way Harry!” I said.

He hugged me and said, “I knew that you would like this,”

“You’re wrong. I love it.

I took in the most amazing sight in the world. I once told him on a Christmas night that I’ve always loved it when in Romantic movies the lovers admit their love to each other in mid dance. When the romantic music plays and they are stuck with each other no matter what. The other dancers sway around them and they stared into each other’s eyes and kiss.
There were many dancers in elegant dresses of colors of cream, baby pink, sky blue, chocolate brown, and yellow. A piano player was placed on a stage that lay in front of us. The long red curtains shaped Odd word choice. the windows as the dancers put in their masks.
My heart skipped a beat and Harry lead me to the dance floor. Then I heard my favorite song ever, by one of my favorite bands. One Republic’s “Marchin On” was playing through the speakers. I looked up and noticed that the actual band stood up there and the lead singer played on the piano as he sang.

“No way,” I whispered.

“What…?” Harry asked.

“One Republic is up there!” I whispered loudly.
He smiled and I looked up at them once again. Those words that he sang made my heart flutter and I hugged Harry as hard as I possibly could.

“Thank you so much,” I kissed his cheek.

He blushed and we continued to dance to that wonderful beat of the piano.

I was going to try to be more detailed, but your grammer was good in this piece. Just try to slow down the pace and show us how she is feeling more.

Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?
— Obi-Wan Kenobi