z

Young Writers Society

Gay Teenage Romance Story

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri May 09, 2008 12:18 am
david2oo8 says...

David ran and ran, thinking of nothing and no one.

“What had changed?” this one thought was ringing in his head. Without Stephen he didn’t want to go on, he didn’t want to go on feeling this way.

David arrived at his home in floods of tears, soaked to the bone due to the torrential rain pour outside.

“David! What you doing back from school?” His mother said in a mixture of shock, frustration and worry.

“Does it matter… you obviously don’t care about me!” His face was an odd mixture of red with fury and blue with the icy cold winters day outside.
His mother shut her eyes and shed a small yet noticeable single tear.

“You think I don’t love you?”

“Oh no I think you love me mum I really do, and that has been real obvious since you haven’t spoke a word to me in a week. Yeah I can really see your love!”

David had stopped caring for anyone’s feelings and had officially gotten to his breaking point.

“I havent been able to speak to you … because … because … I don’t know how!”

David looked at her with disbelief, what did she mean.

“David I thought you would grow up to be a family man, children, wife … now your gay I don’t know who you are. Ironically i feel like i dont know you anymore yet i have never known you better. When i thought you were straight i felt i knew who and what you were but now you’re a completely different person, you lead a secret life for gods sake… how am I meant to talk to someone I don’t even know!”

David stood there confused and yet enlightened at the fact that he finally knew how his mother felt.

“I didn’t know you felt that way … I’m still the same person as I always was, how could I tell you something so big when you react like this.”

“I wouldn’t have reacted badly if you had just told me yourself I would have found it easier to understand who you were and I would have seen you really still are yourself but you have been hiding secrets from me, big ones, ones which can affect the entire family not just you!”

“I am sorry … mum.”

His mother lunged forward and grabbed her son in a lengthy, warm and long overdue embrace.

Short but sets up the next few chapters well and also there is a very evident change of person from the other chapters, this is so i can develop some of the other characters not just David.

Any feedback welcome.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri May 09, 2008 1:32 am
TNCowgirl says...

Wow, that is cool. Moves strange. But it's good.

Sorry this is a sucky crit, on pain meds. But here it goes.

Make it flow better. And Winters day. Is supposed to be, Im pretty sure. Winter's day.

Sorry it wasn't great.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri May 09, 2008 11:56 pm
david2oo8 says...

Thanks for that :D

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sat May 10, 2008 3:40 am
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

When is the next part.
And I'm guessing his almost boyfriend is just faking he isn't gay because his mother or someome doesn't approve.

Keep up the good work , and there isn't much to critique except I wish it was longer.
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat May 10, 2008 3:08 pm
soconfused4512 says...

good story keep it up
~OdD~OnE~

If you don't know where you're going, any road'll take you there.
— George Harrison