z

Young Writers Society

Meet vienna chapter 1 - part 2

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:30 pm
chyeahmclovinx3 says...

CHAPTER 1 - PART 2

I was so nervous; I stepped out of line and walked away as fast as I could. In my rush, I tripped over a cord that was taped to the ground and fell flat on my face. I laid face down for a few seconds before rolling over; all I knew was that my face had turned at least five shades of red or maybe even more. I head a metal door slam and someone call out to me.

“Hey! You! Are you okay?”

I sat up and looked in the direction of the voice; it was the cotton candy guy. I closed my eyes in embarrassment and when I opened them, all I saw was him looking down on me. “I’m okay.” I muttered to the grass. His hand blocked my point of view. I took it and stood up. His touch left a tingling sensation in my hands, I giggled nervously. What’s wrong with me, I screamed to myself, I don’t giggle!

The boy turned to go back to his work, but his smile stayed in my mind.

“Wait!” I called running after him.

He stopped with his hand on the door knob leading back to the place I first saw him. “I’m Vienna.” I said softly.

He laughed, “I’m Chase.”

I nodded, “Nice to meet you.” My eyes wandered around him and on to a blue cotton candy cone calling my name. I drooled over the cone, I had to have it. There were other people in line so I decided to wait. “See you in a few.” I called from the back of the line.

Chase nodded and stepped up the metal stairs and into the booth. After about ten minutes, it was my turn to get it. This time I was going to order. I pretended I didn’t know what I wanted, just to spare a few more minutes with this guy I just met. What’s wrong with me? I’ve never done this before. Is it because of Gavin? Oh well, I said shrugging my shoulders, along with the thoughts.

“Does this mean you don’t know what you want?” Chase asked, his deep voice cutting through my thought.

“Uh... what?”

“I’d recommend the green cotton candy.”

“Oh? Okay, sure, whatever.”

WHAT AM I DOING?! I screamed at myself. I DON’T LIKE GREEN!

Chase handed me the cotton candy and I fumbled for my purse.

“I’ve got it.” He said, pulling out a dollar bill from his pocket.

“No!” I protested, “I got it.” I pulled out a five dollar bill, Chase punched something in the register and the drawer popped open. He grabbed a pen, a sheet of paper and quickly scribbled something down. He slid in the cash and handed my share back. What I didn’t notice was that he also slid something in my hand. I stuck the cash in my back pocket and walked off before I noticed something still in my hand. “What this?” I mumbled to myself, looking down at the paper.

It was a time…it said 8 o’clock. I looked at my phone’s clock, it was 7:30. I was completely lost; I had no idea what this meant. I didn’t even know who wrote it! Maybe I had accidentally picked it up and it belonged to someone else. That was possible. I tossed this idea over in my head and was about to throw the paper back on the ground where I was when it hit me. Chase! I quickly turned to look at him and he was looking right back!

I walked straight up to the counter, not even noticing all the people I cut in front of. “What’s this?” I asked him, waving the paper in front of his face.

“A paper..?” He replied with a confused tone.

I squinted my eyes at him and my mouth twitched in an annoyed kind of way, “I know that!” I said exasperated, “but did you give it to me?”

“Maybe.”

I got the point and walked away. I only had thirty more minutes to wait. I checked my phone; scratch that, twenty eight more minutes. I decided to go play a few games to make the time go quicker. I walked towards a water game and took my place in front of the window. I checked the time, twenty five more minutes.

The continuous checking of the phone continued when I finished the game. I walked around, hoping I wouldn’t run in to Gavin in the process. But, with just my luck, I did. I saw him talking to some girl, she was pretty gorgeous. She had straight blonde hair that cascaded down her back. She was wearing a mini skirt with a white tank top. Pulling the outfit together with some hot pink heels. Heels?! Who wears heels to a carnival? Come on, you walk at carnivals. Her shoes will probably fall off while riding a ride.

I laughed to myself as an image of the girl losing her shoes on the Ferris wheel materialized in my head. I looked at my phone once more; I had five minutes to get to Chase. As I turned to leave, I took one last glance at Gavin. At the wrong moment too, as my eyes reached the scene I saw the girl lean up and kiss him. Not a quick kiss, but a more of sucking the face off kind of kiss. My heart dropped and my eyes welled up with tears. “So much for him,” I mumbled to myself.

I raced over to the cotton candy booth to meet up with Chase, who was still standing behind the counter serving a family of five. I took a spot in line, the familiar scenery surrounding me. I had waited in line just today more times then I’d ever had before. Once I reached the counter, I grabbed Chase’s wrist and looked at his clock. Eight o’clock on the dot. I looked up at him and tapped his watch. “When do you get off?” I asked, studying his face. His eyes were really stunning.

287 Reviews

Reviews: 287
Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:09 am
Maki-Chan says...

ok. With part 2 I feel more connected With Vienna. She strangly somewhat reminds mme of myself- wierd huh?

I like part 2 of chapter 1 better. I'll read chapter 2 when it comes ok?
check out my deviantart account ^_^
http://maki121.deviantart.com/

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri May 02, 2008 4:06 pm
Sweeney_Todd says...

Ack! Part 2 is up!!!! AND it's good! Gavin's a jerkface though...but Chase seems cool!
Your journey began before you manifested in physical form here on this planet and will not cease when that physical representation of yourself is no longer capable of interacting with this world.
~Silver Ravenwolf (Wiccan Author)

Rick FTW!!!!!

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun May 04, 2008 1:33 am
Vampy_Girl15 says...

I loved this as much as part 1! Although this part tells you more about Vienna, but that's okay because this is all chapter 1.
I'm liking Chase! I can tell he is going to turn out to be a great character.
I feel very connected to Vienna which is great! I love your writing style. I can't wait to read chapter 2 as well as the chapters to follow!
Keep writing and keep me posted.

~Rachael
Some say laughing is the best medicine but what do you do when you can't laugh anymore?

Multiple personalities are just good social skills.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun May 04, 2008 2:40 pm
day tripper says...

This is really good.
I'm realy glad I decided to read this.
You're a good writer, but maybe some
more detail on Vienna or something,
you know?
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun May 04, 2008 10:22 pm
Izzyeyore says...

oooo!

i really like this :D

PM me when you post the next one?

~Izzy
My policy on life: you're wasting it by being sad and making others sad, so hug someone today! :D

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero