z

Young Writers Society

Protecting the Fallen, First Story, Part 2

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:37 am
Raptured says...

~~~Present Time~~~

Her eyes were closed, and her slender chin lifted. Her head tilted back, black curls splayed around her shoulders. Unagi frowned to herself, trying to enjoy the sun that warmed her. But it was in vain against the yodeling singing of her cook.
"Th-thank you. That was.... lovely." The 18 year old muttered, sighing as the cook grinned and scampered through double doors. She clutched her beloved book to her dress in agony.Why was this happening to her...?

Because it was her birthday. And every birthday, this castle's dreaded inhabitants were to all create an act or talent and preform to the princess as a token to her existence. So far, everything had been horrid. From the plate juggling waiter, or this yodeling cook... And she still had several acts to go. "Next...." Unagi muttered weakly, readying to plug her ears from another old man singing a solo. But, this voice surprised her. It was young, light, boyish. And.... dangerously attractive.

"Greetings, Princess Unagi. I'm your new instrumentalist, Eric Korten." The boy in front of her spoke politely. Unagi smiled at him, taking a moment to observe this new boy.
He seemed to be about 18 or 19, around her age. He had pale skin, but not frighteningly so. Dark and mysterious ebony eyes stared at her, matching perfectly with the uneven, onyx hair that hung to his shoulders. A cute and heart-stirring smile was placed upon Eric's lips, showing off how handsome this 'boy' really was. Eric was dressed in a normal manner, unlike everyone else who had come. The only thing that was strange about Eric, was that his right hand was completely bandaged up. This made an eyebrow raise upon Unagi's face, but she couldn't help but smile at the attractive young man,

"You're the new composer? A bit young, aren't we... Eric?" The giggled, watching as both of Eric's eyebrows raised, adding to his handsome face. "I don't think so, Princess. You seem about my age, and you're already ruling the kingdom part way." He stated back.

This boy definitely interested Unagi. He was the best thing she had seen all day, and he hadn't even done anything yet. "Sure but... I mean, you're conducting people much older then you! It's so weird!" Unagi giggled again, making herself wonder why. She had never laughed so much before in one day. Make that minute. A look of interest and irritation was now crossing Eric's face below. "Alright, enough insulting the new guy." He smirked. "Want to hear your present or not?" He seemed satisfied when Unagi nodded. "Okay, I made you a song." He cleared his throat, then walked over to the side of the throne room, were several borrowed instruments were laying to be used during the performances. Eric grabbed a violin, then stepped up to the performance stage. A Melody began to play.

"Falling from the stars,
I find you may weep,
falling from the stars,
You may forget me,

For I'll promise you my heart,
if you'll promise one thing,
don't fissure us or lay us to sleep."

A violin solo followed, but Unagi was already amazed. This cute boy, his voice was amazing. Ringing in clear, it fit perfectly with his masterful violin work. Boy, had she been wrong when she said he was too young! Her mouth dropped further, when suddenly this piece's mood changed in good flow. It was no longer innocent, but heavy and slightly dark.

"This is what we guessed,
we guessed you'd need me,
This is what we we guessed,
so think us naive.

We promised you our hearts,
you promised to sing,
don't fissure us or lay us to sleep..."

The heavy violin solo continued for a while, until it finally lowered in silence. Eric let out a sigh, setting down his violin back into the stack as he heard silence to his performance. He looked up at Unagi, raising an eyebrow. "Are you going to say something, or keep your mouth dropped, Princess?" The teenager teased gently, though Unagi already turned a red color. "I-it was good. I want to lie, but I can't say that that piece wasn't wonderful!" Unagi stuttered up, causing another one of those heart-melting smiles to come upon Eric's face. "Thanks. I didn't expect to be good, but... Thanks!"

Surprisingly, the bandage-handed teenager took a bow, then lifted a hand. Unagi wondered why, until she realized he was about to leave. "W-wait! Aren't you gonna stay?" The princess asked nervously, not sure how to act. Some company that was around her age might make watching these performances more interesting. Eric blinked in surprise.

"Huh? But what about the others? Don't they need to preform?"
"Listen to them with me! I'm sorry to them, but I really get bored of listening to the horror they put up! It might be more interesting if you stick around!" Unagi expected Eric to say no or be outraged, but she was surprised when she heard a laughing yes. "Fine, I'll watch it. I wanna see just how bad these... clowns are!"

((Second Part. ;D And yes, Unagi is still clutching the book she got 8 years ago. Seems like a new part is about to be added!))
Hold it together, birds of a feather,
Nothing but lies and crooked wings,
I hold the answer, spreading the cancer,
You are the music inside me.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:11 pm
Sweeney_Todd says...

:shock: omigosh! that.book.is.AWESOME!!!!! :D
Eric's hot, too. :wink:
But that book!!!!!! :D
PLEASE pm me/lemme no wen u post the next part!!! :cry: *begging*
it's so COOL!!!

nice imagery and descriptive language btw. Using period/era/local words and terms for things really pulls you into the story and makes you relate to the characters.

Reviews: 4
Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:53 pm
Raptured says...

Thank you. ^^ I'll be sure to PM you.
Hold it together, birds of a feather,
Nothing but lies and crooked wings,
I hold the answer, spreading the cancer,
You are the music inside me.

Look closely. The beautiful may be small.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher