z

Young Writers Society

Escape [Prologue...I think]

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:17 am
Lady Sydney says...

The other story I wrote, When All Else Fails, Love Prevails, wasn't going too well. The idea just sorta died on me, and I can't seem to revive it. So, I'm not going to complete it. :( But, I've thought this one over and over for some time, so I thought I'd see where it went. I have a strong feeling about this one, so I don't think I'll be quitting on this. INCEST WARNING!!! But not disgusting and not well.... what you may think. :wink: Enjoy.

---

-Prologue-

With a gentle hand, she strokes my curls, murmuring sweet nothings softly from behind me. Her other hand brushes the back of my neck, making the hairs stand on end. I sit perched on a stool, gazing in the mirror of my vanity. The lacing at the top of my gown hangs undone over my bosom, revealing the contrast of dark bruises against my pale freckled skin.

My fiery ringlets twist over my shoulders and down my back and chest. The bony fingers of the woman behind me continue combing through and through, lightly brushing against my scalp every once and a while. My high cheekbones in my slender face share a matching tone of a soft rosy red, but the only thing wrong with this picture are the tear trails that trickle down my face, the water that leaks from my eyes and drip from my chin. My once vibrant green eyes glisten, looking to be glass in my sockets.

The woman behind me takes a slender finger and gently brushes it across my cheek. She wipes the tears away, caressing my face with a loving hand. She bends down close to my ear and whispers soothingly, her also bright red hair falling against my bare arm, “Why so sad, my dear?”

I remain motionless as I continue to gaze into the mirror. Another tear trickles down my cheek, and she is there a second later to wipe it away, “Now now, none of that, sweetheart. Talk to me; talk to mama.”

“I can’t,” my voice cracks as I begin to tremble. Still, she runs her hand through my hair, “I have nothing to say. Nothing to you, at least.”

She stops finger combing and chuckles quietly. A second later, her lips are planted against the side of my neck in a kiss; I shiver and she detaches, “Now, Vyla, do cheer up. You have no reason to frown; you have practically everything at your fingertips. Money, beauty, a home, horses, friends-” She stops short and kisses the side of my neck once more, “-my undying love and affection.”

I jerk away and glare up at her, my eyes red and puffy, “And that is exactly what I don’t want, but as you said, there is nothing I can do about it.” I glare harder and lower my voice to a harsh whisper, “You are my mother, for God’s sake. How can you be so sick and twisted?”

She trails one of her nails over my lower lip, her eyes seeming to darken every second we spend together, “I don’t see how a mother’s love could ever be classified as being ‘sick and twisted’, love.”

I bat her hand away furiously and turn my head away to gaze out the window, more tears wetting against my cheek, “You are disgusting. Not only am I only in my sixteenth year and you in your thirtieth, you don’t see how wrong it is for you to spend nights with me when the rest of the family is not home. I hate you.”

In a flash, her hand lashes out and she grabs hold of my jaw, roughly yanking my head around so that I can face her. The dark desire I once saw in her eyes has now died away, suddenly replaced with a heathen like fire, “You listen and you listen well, Vyla, I’ve told you before-“

Before I know what I’m doing, my hand is airborne and it slams against my mother’s face in a loud slap. Her head snaps to the left, away from me. A decade seems to go by in our silence, but she still does not turn back around. Instead, I am gazing at the back of her head as I feel the heat of my temper abate. I honestly don’t know why I slapped her just then, but I do know it was well worth it.

Without a word, I spring up from my seat and swing my door open so that is bangs into the wall. Blinded by the haze of tears in my eyes, I run down the stairs and out the front door into the dark rainy night. The light weight curls in my hair fall heavily into straight tendrils against the valley of my back as I race to the corridor and disappear into the fog of the night, sobbing all the while.

---
Continue or no? Thanks so much for reading!
Last edited by Lady Sydney on Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:40 am
biancarayne says...

This was pretty good, definitely eerie. I think you could have showed the girl's revulsion to her mother a little better or expanded on it. Also, the dialogue didn't seem very realistic at all really...I also felt you could have delved a little deeper into the emotional aspect of things like you did with the description in this piece (which is wonderful, btw)

Random avatar

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:44 am
Lady Sydney says...

Thanks, biancarayne!! I'll take that into consideration. *jots it down* :D

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:45 am
biancarayne says...

Aquarius Angel wrote:Thanks, biancarayne!! I'll take that into consideration. *jots it down* :D

your welcome :D and hey, would you mind checkin' out my story chasing the white dragon?? i can give you the link if you need it

http://youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=17193

i'm pretty sure that's the right link...whenever you have time 8)

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:38 pm
JabberHut says...

This was wonderful. It definitly kept going. Very nice! Continue it and let me know when you've made the next part! I honestly have no comments here, except to keep going. You did very well on this. Bravo! :D
I make my own policies.

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:46 pm
JC says...

Ew...a little weird.

I have one question though...you said she's sixteen, and her mother is thirteen? Step-mom or something? You might want to say that.

Other than that, this was really good, it definently got me hooked. Although I think the "mother" would get more upset at what Vyla was saying. Just a thought.

Good work! PM me when you post the next part!
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:26 am
Night Mistress says...

it's....interesting.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:26 am
Kay Kay says...

Creepy! It's interesting but it needs a bit more detail. Can't wait to read more.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:46 pm
View Likes
omgsh mikey says...

JCobsesed wrote:I have one question though...you said she's sixteen, and her mother is thirteen? Step-mom or something? You might want to say that.

She said thirtieth, not thirteen. =D

Anyway, I loved it. It was kind of creepy, but interesting. Are you going to write a second part?
"This band is metal in that we have a lot of metal in our instruments, and there's quite a lot of metal on my belt buckle as well." - Mikey Way

514 Reviews

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:49 pm
JC says...

Ah...that makes much more sense then =D

*blushes* Sorry.
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:14 pm
Mel says...

Oh yes. Disturbing indeed! But very well done. You have your detail and description polished, but I don't really connect with your dialogue. It just doesn't seem like the way someone would speak, even if it is from an earlier time.

You know?

Well, great job with this, Angel. I did enjoy this... even if I do find the thought of incest to be sickening. I trust that you will do justice to this and not have it so that Vyla and her mother make out in every chapter.

Good luck,
Melissa

Random avatar

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:41 am
Lady Sydney says...

Thanks everyone. Your crits were very helpful; be looking out for the next chapter. I'll probably just PM you when it's up though....

Thanks again. Bye!

-Syd

514 Reviews

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 am
JC says...

Yeah, PM me for the next chapter =D

-JC

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:19 am
Rydia says...

I found this quite interesting but, like others have mentioned, the dialogue wasn't great. Love the description of the girl. Rather twisted but good and it's nice that you didn't go with the traditional brother and sister or father and daughter theme. When you said it was unusual, I was expecting mother and son but this was certainly a surprise. Just one specific point -

but the only thing wrong with this picture are the tear trails that trickle down my face, the water that leaks from my eyes and drip from my chin. [This is worded awkwardly and perhaps you should take another look at it. 'and drip from my chin' should defineately be changed to 'and drips from my chin' but the sentence as a whole is a little strange. I think it's the whole 'tears trails' thing.]

Other than that, well writtena dn I shall probably take a look at the next part.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm
Lady Sydney says...

Oh. Forgot to say thanks here again. hehe So yeah, thanks for your help, crit, comments, and suggestions!!

Rather twisted but good and it's nice that you didn't go with the traditional brother and sister or father and daughter theme. When you said it was unusual, I was expecting mother and son but this was certainly a surprise.

lol Good good good. ^^

Be careful or be roadkill.
— Calvin