z

Young Writers Society

Candy Ville

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:36 pm
CandyVille says...

Chapter 1- Mia

Candy Ville is a normaltown. There's the fortunate, and the unfortunat. But being seperated from people just because you don't have as much money is just cruel and unfair. that's exactly what Mia Smith was thinking on her way back from Westside Academy, the private school near the ski slope. That was the school that all the richer people attended. The less fortunate people attended Cantral High, a public school on the opposite side of the ski slope. Mia had allways been happy to belong to the richest family in Candy Ville. What Mia didnt know, was that she was going to meet someone that would change her life.

thats only the first chapter, i have 6 more but didnt have time to post it. this one makes no sence comparred to the other cchapter. it isnt that good so i'd really appreciate some comments.
KiTKaT

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:59 pm
Snoink says...

This doesn't seem like a full chapter -- for one, it's too short. Are your other chapters as short as this? :?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

14 Reviews

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:57 pm
CandyVille says...

well thkis one is really short... the other's aren't as short... i might make this the prolouge or something.... but the others are a bit longer
KiTKaT

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:29 pm
Myth says...

Hello there!

I don't usually critique RF but I hope to be of some help.

Green = Comment/Correction
Black = Review

Candy Ville is a normaltown

A space is needed between ‘normal’ and ‘town’.

A few spelling mistakes: unfortunat, seperated, Cantral, allways, didnt.

This is very short as if it is a prologue rather than a full chapter. If you are going for a short story it would suit, depending on how you plan to use the chapters. But for a novel-type this would have to be extended.

You need description here, just a little paragraph on the location, background on Mia would help a good deal as it is very hard to imagine what this looks.

I liked the end, it conjures trouble in my mind.

-- Myth
.: ₪ :.

'...'

14 Reviews

Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:13 am
CandyVille says...

thanks for your help.. i was at school when i typed this and in a hurryso there ar a few mistakes. i might either make this a prolouge ( please excuse my spelling i'm in a hurry) or add detail and expand the chapter like you suggested!
KiTKaT

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:55 am
Princess Prettie says...

Not bad, not bad at all, but as the other commenters said, it is really short. There are a few capitalization errors, and I'm just going to remind you to capitalize the first letter of the first word in a sentence.

The only other thing was your descriptions. I don't know anything about Candyville, Mia, the ski slope, people's attitudes toward others in different high schools, etc. You should probably include more reasons and details to back up what you say. For example:

Candy Ville is a normaltown. There's the fortunate, and the unfortunat. But being seperated from people just because you don't have as much money is just cruel and unfair.

You're hinting to us here that Mia's town has rich people and poor people, and the two groups don't mix. You're not explaining why this matters to Mia, why she's thinking about it, and you're also not being clear about the separation. Give us reasons to think what you're telling us to think.

All in all, great story idea, good start for a story... but really, really short.
♥youguysithinkmyhearthasburstintoabillionscintillatingpieces♥

14 Reviews

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:08 am
CandyVille says...

thanks for your help! i have always been in a hurry when i type this onto youngwriters because either i'm at school or my parents are yelling at me to get off the computer (hehe) ummm.... lets see... i've been trying to fix it andi might upload it again when its edited.. but i'll probably do Capter 3-6 first which are also kind of short not as short i think....
well thanks again for your comments it really helps!
KiTKaT

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:49 am
Emerson says...

I agree it was rather short...

I'm not sure what to say? It wasn't bad, but I think it read like a movie add, or a movie introduction. I think it could be built up with more literary elements. But it was only a paragraph, so I have no idea. I'll read the rest and see what I think...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

14 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:52 am
CandyVille says...

yea.. ok well thanks everybody!
KiTKaT

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality