z

Young Writers Society

Example of a Complicated Love Life

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 am
xhenn says...

ZAHN

Hey, my name is Zahn Kylie Spicer, but just call me Zahn. Everyone calls me Zahn for one reason, they think I’m a guy. My hair is cut short because my mom wants me to “try” the haircut that she thought “it’s what makes you look clean.” But either way, I love sports. I am a basketball player at school for the EAST State Knights school team.
“Zahn, catch!” Carla said as she threw me the ball. I caught it and ran across the court, I passed the ball to Hailey, our team captain, and she scored a two-pointer just as the horn rang to end the game. It was our big night to play with the undefeatable West State Lions, but their title was taken off by our team. Because the undefeatable got defeated by 2 points, which was close call. The crowd roared in cheer and some ran to the court to congratulate us. Our coach threw a big party at the gym for us. I was eating spaghetti with Ben, when my Aunt Millie called. “I need you here, dear. The diner is packed,” she said.
“Yes, I’ll be there right away,” I shouted over the phone.
“Who’s that?” Ben asked.
“It’s Aunt Millie. She needs me at the diner right away.”
“I’ll drive you.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah.”
“First things first, we’ve got to finish eating the spaghetti or Coach Kelley’s going to give us a full length of her ‘Don’t waste your food’ discussion.”
“She would’ve been cool if she has the full coach-like attitude, not the motherly one.”
Ben is my best friend who was also the guy in our team’s mascot costume and the bass player in our band, Maximum. While we were on our way to the diner, Ben told me about someone staying at their house for the vacation. “He always stays at our house during vacation. He’s a good guy so I have no problem staying with him. My grandfather said that his friend might bring his grandson with him. I hope we get along.”
“You meant old man Greg?”
“Yeah, how did you know his name?”
“I had a good talk with him last year. He was nice.”
“I told you.”
“Well, I’m sure you will get along well with his grandson. If his grandfather is a good guy, I’m sure he’s a good guy too.”
I said as I went out of his car. “See you tomorrow.”
“See ‘ya.”
My Aunt Millie’s Diner is called the Beat. My family loves music so they enjoy the beat, but don’t ask why Aunt Millie doesn’t work as a musician or singer and got stuck on a diner.
When Ben and I got to the diner, we couldn’t make our way through the crowd easily. I don’t actually know why of all days is the diner packed with customers, but it does have an advantage: more money comes in. I changed my clothes and took orders from tables.
Two hours passed by and the crowd begun to calm down and minimize. After a few minutes, they’re all gone. I rested for a bit just as another customer walked in. I stood up before he can see me and think that I’m such a lazy employee. He sat at a seat near the counter. The other employees were inside the dressing room, resting, so I that leaves the customer up to me.
“Welcome to the Beat Diner. How can I help you today?” I started.
“Can I have your specialty here, please?” He replied.
“Sorry, we don’t have any special recipes but if it’s okay I suggest the hamburger meal. It comes with fries and your choice of drink.”
“I’ll have one of that.”
“Okay, what do you want for your drink?”
“Could I have tea, please?”
Tea with Hamburger? You have got to be kidding me. I thought.
“We don’t have tea here. It’s not on our menu, actually.” I pointed at the menu board behind me.
“Then I’ll have… Coke.”

LOGAN

“I’ll give up everything I have, just don’t leave me.” I said.
“Sorry, but I can’t take this anymore. It’s over.” She said as she walked away crying.
“And… CUT!” the director said. “That’s a wrap, everybody. We’re all done here.”
“Nice job.” My manager came up to me. “We’re out of here. It’s vacation time.”
“Can’t wait to go surfing again?” I guessed.
“You bet.”
“Or maybe, you can’t wait to date hot girls on the beach again?”
“Oh yeah, the moment of freedom is here and so are the hot chicks.”

You see, life as a celebrity is not at all that great. Sometimes, you wanted to be alone but you can’t because of the paparazzi. For example, you have a really private problem and it just gets spilled out until it isn’t private anymore. And it’s even harder if you’re in the entertainment industry since you were born.
By the way, I am Logan Cole. My dad was a famous celebrity and was a fashion designer but they died in a plane crash when I was 8, and I was already famous. I am living with my grandfather now but he isn’t a celebrity.
He would always tell me about places he always visits. I couldn’t visit those places because I am always booked with appointments and jobs. I am kind of looking forward to this vacation because Grandpa invited me to come and join him to visit places that I couldn’t see on set. I always wanted to know how it is to live normally. It’s not that I hate being famous, with all your fans supporting you, but I want to try something I have never done before in my whole life. I want to explore the world and feel free to do anything without anyone misunderstanding you.
“Ready to go?” Grandpa said.
“Totally! I can’t wait to take a vacation.” I said excitedly.
“Great, then I need to warn you of your appearance.”
“What about it? I don’t look messy, right?” I inspected myself from the mirror.
“No, it’s just because you’re famous right?”
“Yeah, what about it?”
“If you want to have your vacation peacefully unlike the other time where you hid inside the house all day because of your fans, you need a new image.”
“A new image? How?”
“First, remove the dye off your hair. Go back to black. And second, don’t dress too fashionably like you always do.”
“For an old man, you sure know a lot about this.”
“That’s because your father used to do this all the time.”
“He does?”
“Ever since he got famous, he was always asking me for help to find a way to reserve a relaxing day like a normal person. He disguises himself and even changes his name, and that’s how he met your mom.”
“So all I have to do is act normal, right?”
“Yep. Like all people do.”
We travelled from LA to Minnesota, my hometown and headed straight to my Grandpa’s friend’s house.
“Hey Greg, how’re you doing?” Will, my grandfather’s friend said.
“I’ve never felt better.” Grandpa said.
“I see you brought your little boy this vacation.”
“Well, you could say he’s still a boy. He’s got quite the attitude.”
“I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here at our house. It’s not much but I hope it’ll make you feel at home.” Will said to me.
“Don’t worry about it. We’ll be fine.” Grandpa said.
“I’m home!” A boy about the same age as me went in the house.
“Ah, there’s my boy. Ben, come over here.” Will said as he pulled the boy to his side. “Ben, I would like you to meet Logan, Greg’s grandson.”
“Hey.” I reached my hand out to him.
“Nice meeting you.” Ben said as he shook my hand.
“So, like I told you, Greg and Logan will be staying here. So I’d like you two to get along with each other.” Will told his grandson.
Ben invited me to come along with him to his friend’s diner to eat. He said he always eats there. But after he parked in front of the diner, he said he had somewhere he has to go to so I went in the diner first. A girl greeted me and took my order. The food there wasn’t something you could see on the menu of the restaurant where I used to eat in Hollywood. I had a hard time ordering what to eat.

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon