z

Young Writers Society

I Hate Him Chapter 17

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:04 am
Nike says...

It's been a loooooooooooooooooong time since I've posted this story, I am so sorry for that! Here you go, the next chapter!
ENJOY!

Chapter 17

My hips moved to the beat of P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass”. A smile playing on my face, I danced with everyone around me. People bumped into me, but we all ignored the hitting and just went on dancing. All our hands were up in the air that was filled with the scent of sweat and fancy perfume.

“So Raise Your Glass!” All of us sang.

I chuckled, bumping into others around me. My heart pounded a lot faster than before from the adrenaline that was flowing around us.

I didn’t even know what time it was and I was the person who always knew.

Someone placed their hands on my hips and I automatically jumped, spinning around to see who it was. Spotting the guy, I placed a frown on my face.

“God, don’t do that to me ever again, I almost got a heart attack!”

Sam smiled, making me smile right back, turning that frown upside down.

“I don’t want you dying here; I just wanted to surprise you.”

“What if it was a raper not you?!” I protested.

“Well, it wasn’t, now was it?”

I rolled my eyes, holding his hands. He started to lead me in a slow dance since One Republic “Come Home” started to play. To my surprise, he got good at dancing.

To inform you at something, he never knew how to dance. All he could ever do is The Robot and The Egyptian. Same with me.

“When did you start to dance?” I asked with a smile.

Not only did the dance shock me, but so did his attire. He wore pretty much was Harry did, except a ACDC cream top instead of a white one and Puma sneakers. Did he think that I liked Harry’s attire instead of his or something? I mean we are dating!

“Uh, I always knew how to.” He lied.

“Please…” I chuckled.

That isn’t important, you know, the outfit. It is a club; you have to look party like.

I draped my arms around his neck and smiled from ear to ear. No, I’m not gonna be all gewwy lovey dovey.

“I took some classes, that’s all…” he sighed.

“Why?” I asked.

“Because, I wanted to dance with you properly.” He smiled.

A flashback hit me, bringing me back to the dance with Harry. I know, I shouldn’t be getting that. But, it’s just that I did.

I swayed to One Republic as well, his hands on my hips. Our hearts were intertwined. The music slithered around me as Harry led me on the floor.

I shook my head, coming back to reality. To the reality where my new boyfriend Sam led me through this dance. Of OneRepublic.

What is this? A slow dance marathon?

“Come on Get Higher” by Matt Nathason hit the walls now. It didn’t seem to bother Sam; it just made him happier.

My heart beat hard against my chest when I saw the love in his eyes.

“Singin’ sha-la-la-la-la,” I sang along.

“You know the lyrics?” Sam asked, shocked.

“Some,” I stated.

He laughed, making my stomach flip. God, I’m happy we finally tried this.

Wait… how did he get here? I mean, why? I came here for the crashing-the-party-thing, I never told him about it though.

“Why’d you come here anyway?” I asked, curious.

“To see you,”

“No, I never told you that I was coming here…”

Rolling his eyes, he replied, “Georgie told me, you have to tell your boyfriend these type of things. I mean I never knew that you were a clubber…” he sighed.

“I’m so not a clubber!”

“Then why are you here?”

Another slow song beat around us; this must be slow song hour.

“If you asked Georgie wouldn’t she tell you?” I played with his mind.

“No,”

"L-O-V-E" by Nat King Cole hit the speakers, making my stomach burn and heart jump. I love this song; you see what I did there? L-O-V-E and love?! Ha-ha-ha-ha, no, uh, that’s not funny, it’s lame.

“Fine, I’m here to crash the party…”

“Why?”

“Because, I wanna show Harry that I can have some fun without him and that I’m way cooler.” I explained sarcastically.

“No, really.”

I sighed, “Gosh, just one lie. I can’t say tell you one lie?” I joked.

“No,”

“Fine, because I told Harry that I had an invite. It’s a hate thing; I try to beat my enemy. To show him that I’m way better with or without him.”

He smiled, but it quickly faded in a heartbeat.

“Why do you care what he thinks?”

“I don’t!”

“Then why do you wanna show him that you’re better than him? He doesn’t have to know anything! I mean, you don’t have to prove him anything…”

“God Sam! You’re my best friend, been there ever since. And you still don’t understand what status me and Harry have?!”

He rolled his eyes and pulled away from me. Startled, my jaw dropped, reaching the tiled cream floors. My blue eyes widened.

“If you’re enemies, you shouldn’t care about each other. You should just shun each other out of your lives. And answering your question, no, I don’t know what kind of status you guys have, not after the dating.” He said harshly, shocking me.

He made quote signs with his fingers when he said the word status.

“What?!” my jaw dropped once again.

“Okay, we just started dating and you blow up on me like that?!” I added, furious.

“Since we’re dating, I feel like you trust me enough to tell you things like this…” he said, quietly.

Putting my hands on my hips, the crowd around us stopped dancing and stared at us like they stare at Bragelina when they have another child.

“You could’ve told me this earlier, like when we were just best friends! You idiot, were you afraid I’d shun you instead of Harry? Were you afraid we wouldn’t be friends anymore?”

“Yeah,” he looked down at his sneakers, guilty.

He should feel guilty. What he just did and said is stupid.

“Well, you should’ve thought differently because since we’re dating I can break up with you and we’ll never be friends anymore since you don’t believe in me or trust me. For God’s sake, it’s only been a couple of days and you already put our relationship on the line?”

“Why do you care so much of what I think about Harry? About your relationship with him?!” he fought back, anger filled his eyes.

That’s when I froze. Why did I care? If I hated him, I shouldn’t care. I mean, sure, I should have him support me at fighting Harry, but still, should I really put our dating on the line for this crap?! I mean, we were best friends ever since and he should know how we are. This is how we are; he should be used to it!

No, I’m done with this shit.

“We’re over,” I whispered.

I’m done with dating. I’m gonna, for once in my life, focus on school. To get into a good collage/school, tp get good grades, and not go suicidal like other teenage girls with love dating problems, I almost reached there tonight so thank God I didn’t reach there yet and never will.

Dating is off.

From now on.

“What’d you say?” he asked barely.

His voice was pitched from shock and uncertainty.

“I said…” my heart was crying, “… we’re over,” I sobbed.

Running away from him, I pushed through the dumb party, reaching the door.

No, I won’t cry. This is for the better. I’ll feel better. I promise.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 am
EliteHusky says...

*Just started reading Chapter 17 without covering the first 16

Good news: After finishing the chapter, aside from a few names and minor details, I could grasp the content.
Bad news: I cannot get that song out of my head, and believe me when I say this will greatly reduce my ability to write poetry until I rest. On a more serious note... criticism of the overarching plot will have to wait until I can get a big picture.

My hips moved to the beat of P!nk’s “Raise Your Glass”.

Thanks for momentarily distracting me to find out the beat of the song mentioned. I am familiar with P!nk but I did not go out of my way until just now to listen to that track and only the first minute or so.

Someone placed their hands on my hips and I automatically jumped, spinning around to see who it was. Spotting the guy, I placed a frown on my face.

Good writing style. You are pushing the boundaries a bit by getting into the risqué territory of writing but it makes it all the more interesting and human.

“Well, it wasn’t, now was it?”

Good dialogue.

So far this was an excellent chapter that left me wanting to read more. Always a good sign. :)

Sincerely,
Elitehusky

1504 Reviews

Reviews: 1504
Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:28 pm
IcyFlame says...

Right. I'm confused again.
There seems to be a big jump in time between most of your chapters. It makes it difficult to follow. We should be getting her emotions at having just left Harry straight away but instead we're given a description of the song? That's not right.
Nike wrote:“What if it was a raper not you?!” I protested.
The word's rapist not 'raper' and why on earth would she jump to that conclusion? It's a party, not a street corner.
Another note, you need to stop relying on songs to tell us her mood. Try to show us in a more interesting way. Your method is good for once or twice but then it becomes tedious.
Nike wrote:No, I won’t cry. This is for the better. I’ll feel better. I promise.
This last line is again her talking to herself, try to make it seem more realistic.

I have to ask. Does every question or statement regarding the quote generator end up in the quote generator?
— WeepingWisteria