z

Young Writers Society

I Hate Him *11*

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 pm
Nike says...

Chapter 11

Georgie sat on my bed, still confused. I called her to come, but I left her hopelessly wondering what’s going on.
I can’t just tell her that Sam kissed me, that would be not only rude but… difficult.

“I give up Jessa, why did you call me over? You sounded like you just had a heart attack.” She said.

“Uh,” I hesitated, scratching my head, “… I, um, kissed Harry,”

I had to say something.

Her jaw dropped and she stood up, almost falling from shock. This thing called shock can completely control your balance.
She bent down then straightened up.

“You did what?” she asked quietly.

“Well, I didn’t kiss him, he kissed me…” so now I wasn’t really lying, right?

She came up to me, breathing in deeply. I was ready for her shocked full speech.

“Are you sure that he kissed you, not oppositely?”

I nodded and waited for the rest of it. “Well then,”
Her hazel eyes were full of worry when she walked away from me and laid on my bed. She took in a lot more shock then I ever did, maybe because she’s my best friend, not me. This must be how shocked she would be if I told her that Sam kissed me.

“You can’t let him think that this is right you know…” she explained.

I nodded again and sat on my desk chair.

“I’m gonna call him, he can’t just do that!” she pulled out her cell phone from her skirt pocket.

“No!” I stuck up my hand as I bolted up.

She cocked an eyebrow up and dialed in his number.

Well he truly did kiss me, but she can’t just do it like that! I’m not lying, but I kind of am, I mean I’m shocked not from Harry’s kiss, by Sam’s kiss.

“Hey Harry!” I’m too late.

I gave up and sat back down letting my head fall down in sadness.

“I can’t believe that you kissed her! Who? You’re asking who did you kiss? Well who do you think…?” she listened to the other end for a while, “… that still doesn’t let you do that…no…stop it! You do not love her!”

That’s when my head bolted up right. He can’t still love me, unless he’s lying.
She hung up with a heavy sigh and hid her phone. She stood up from my bed and walked toward my bedroom door.

“Hey, where’re you headed?” I stood up.

“Harry’s… that ass hole is gonna get a piece of my mind!”

I walked up to her and stopped her. “No, you can’t do that!”

“Why not!?”

I saw her eyes get wider as she waited for my answer. I gulped.

“Uh, because…” I don’t know what to say, so I’ll make it up as I go, “…he’s busy!”

She fake laughed and pulled me by the arm. “Let’s go,”
I tried to pull my arm back but she held it with a death grip, my arm was getting numb by now.

“No, let go!” I demanded.

She opened my bedroom door and still held onto me like it was the easiest thing she’s ever done. I still tried to pull away, my arm just didn’t budge.

Georgie rang Harry’s doorbell as I stood on the steps a few safe feet away from the door.

“Come up here!” she whispered to me.

I rolled my eyes and walked up.
She got me to get here, the worst thing I have ever done for a best friend. To come to this place is like torture watching Twilight.

I shivered at the thought and felt my heart beat faster when someone opened the door.
Harry’s face popped out and I just almost fainted. I got hot when he smiled and greeted us.

“No, no time for this,” Georgie pushed past him and I followed like a lost puppy.

Harry shut the door behind us as we walked into his living room. It was really bright, the sun rays bounced from the orange walls to the large windows. I sat down on the white cotton loves seat as Georgie stood, filled with anger.

I sat, shivering from head to toe. My leg jumped up every second with every step Harry took. I was looking down at my jeans when I heard him stop. I looked up and saw his eyes.

Those beautiful eyes that made my heart ache.

“Hey Jessa,” I just wanted to kiss him and slap him at the same time.

“Hey…” I blurted out.

Georgie walked up to him. Her nostrils were flaring and her eyes were wider. I could see her cheeks growing some pink.

She pointed at me, “Look, look at what you did! By kissing her you ruined her life!” she yelled.
He looked at her, completely calm.

“Really…? If she wouldn’t love me anymore, than she wouldn’t be like this!” he said his part.

Like I get a say in any of this. Why am I here anyway?

I stood up and got stopped by Harry’s gaze. I felt something flow up my throat when he looked at me.

“Shut up Harry! You don’t know who she is!” Georgie kept on fighting.

“George, I think I can take care of this…” I said quietly.

Harry’s jaw was down just a bit and it looked as if he was holding his breath. I missed his gaze and took a long deep breath.

“Just a question –do I get a say in any of this?” I stood up.

“Uh, yes…” I cut Georgie off.

“No,” I pointed at her, “You do not get to decide what I think anymore…” I pointed at Harry this time, “…and you, you don’t get to stay in my life anymore.”

Harry’s brown eyes sparkled a bit, tears were building up. Finally, he gets it.
I took another deep breath, feeling my heart trying to break out of my chest. Georgie was shocked, her eyes widened and her mouth hung open, like a Venus Fly Trap, ready to bite one for dinner.

I felt strength grow up in me; I guess that my sadness was sick of staying in me. My brain was sick of being sad either. Finally my body wanted me to be happy, to fight for myself. That’s just what I needed. No wonder Georgie brought me here. Well, actually that’s not why she brought me here, she wanted to fight for me, but still, I guess that I was meant to come here for a reason, this reason.

“Now, for once in my life I will stand up for myself, no help needed, thanks Georgie anyway…” I said, with no hesitation.

She backed away from us and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Harry, you can’t just go around and kiss me like that…” I started, missing Harry’s gaze.

“At least your Sam saved you…” he sighed.

Georgie’s eyebrow went up as she listened.

“That’s not the thing Harry, why did you even do it?”

He rolled his eyes and scratched the back of his neck, like it was the hardest thing for him to do.

“You know why,” he said softly, this time meeting my gaze.

My heart skipped a beat as I looked into his deep brown eyes. I saw an emotion in them; I just couldn’t read it out.

“…because you love me,” I choked out.

He nodded slowly and tried not to do anything stupid.
I can’t handle this. I don’t want him, not like this. I don’t need him now, anymore. He has to leave me, leave me alone forever. We can’t be together, I… I… think I love someone else.

Wait, why was Harry home so early? I mean it’s only been two days. What’s going on with that?

“Harry…” I shut my eyes for a few seconds then opened them, seeing Harry staring directly at me.

“I know,” he cut me off; “… you won’t be with me again, understandable.”

“How do you know that I was going to say that?”

He gave me a half smile, checking to see if I wasn’t joking with him, giving him fake hope.

Well, sadly I was. But seriously why wasn’t he at the hospital?

“I’m not stupid Jessa,” he sighed.

He looks so dam sad. I just wanna hug him like a teddy bear, but I won’t. I’m not that stupid either, I can’t just try to make him happy again; I can’t just be the good girl all the time! Well, actually if I would say that I love him too and hug him, then I would be the bad girl.

So, I’m being a good girl anyway, which means that that’s good, right? Or is that too complicated? I have to be a good girl, for myself.

“Harry, one question…” I hesitated, “Why aren’t you at the hospital, it’s only been two days, and they said a week.”

“Oh, that…” he scratched the back of his neck, “…the doctors wanted me to get some of my stuff, so they sent me home
for a while to get them.”

“I could’ve got them for you,” I suggested.

He smiled for a brief second then it faded.

“No, the doctors wanted me to get them,” he came up to me, “…spy stuff, I have a mission,” he whispered.

“Right then,” I looked down at the floor.

He walked back to where he was.
I felt someone grab my arm and I looked up. Georgie was holding it with anger filled in her eyes. She pulled me out of the room.

“Hey, Georgie! What the hell?” I protested.

She turned and looked at me. I bet she was waiting ‘till I followed behind her.

“Let’s go, this is a waste of time.” She hissed.

I saw her stare into Harry’s eyes for just a brief second. That was weird, she doesn’t usually do that, I mean she hates him.
Harry looked back, staring and no emotion in those eyes. I couldn’t read them anymore.
I felt my stomach churn, churn form suspicion. I wrinkled my forehead, but they still looked at each other. Georgie let go of my arm and headed straight for the black doors.

“Hey! Stop…” I stopped her.

She turned around and stood in her place.

“What’s going on here?” I hissed, pointing from Harry to her.

“Nothin’,” she whispered, not meeting my gaze at all.

Now that’s weird, she’s lying.

“No, you’re lying to me Georgie.” My heart pounded against my chest.

Her cheeks turned bright red as she stood there, hand on the handle. Harry was tapping his foot against the floor, ignoring the situation.

“Georgie!” I yelled.

Harry’s head flew up, wild eyes.

“Stop it,” she hissed, moving her hand up in the air.

“Come on, what’s going on?!” I begged, heart thumping like crazy.

I heard Harry clear his throat and Georgie opened the front door.

“No, y-you better shut that door,” I demanded.

She rolled her eyes and let the cold air run through the house, shutting the door behind her like there was no tomorrow.
I swiveled toward Harry’s direction and he was looking at the ground, swerving his foot across the hard wood.
I cleared my throat and he looked up, a little shocked.

“What…?” he asked simply.

“What was that?” I asked.

“What was what?” he asked like I was the dumbest person here.

“That!” I pointed at the door.

He still looked shocked but it was added with an eyebrow cocked up. He took a deep breath and came up to me, slowly.

“It was nothing…” he lied.

“Harry! Don’t do this to me!” I said.

“I can’t tell you alright,” he said harshly.

I took a step back but I decided to head toward the door just like Georgie did.

“I’ll find out for myself,” I hissed.

I opened the door and felt that freezing air hit me like a lightning bolt. I shut the door and ran through the snow, heading to my house.

What was going on? Am I just paranoid?

“Georgie!” I yelled out in the cold.

The sidewalks were covered in white blankets of snow, but no one was around. No people at all, just me.

“Georgie,” I tried again.

Still silence.

Where did she go?
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

1503 Reviews

Reviews: 1503
Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm
IcyFlame says...

I see you have no reviews? I'll take a quick peek.
Nike wrote:I couldn’t just tell her that Sam kissed me, that would be not only rude but… difficult.
Why?
Nike wrote:“Uh,” I hesitated, scratching my head, “… I, um, kissed Harry,”
Explain why she said this? Did it come out by accident or does she have a plan?
Nike wrote:“Well, I didn’t kiss him, he kissed me…” so now I wasn’t really lying, right?
I can't explain why exactly, but I don't like this sentence much.
A lot of the beginning of this chapter revolves around her stating how she is feeling. I can't stress this enough: SHOW rather than TELL. It's a simple technique but will prove very effective. You also need to work on your exchange of speech between characters. At the moment it appears very forced. Don't restrict yourself too much and it will come.

Writing is the geometry of the soul.
— Plato