z

Young Writers Society

'Til Death Do Us Part

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:21 am
Yanni1995 says...

Chapter 11

Troy still had me in his arms; he was still murmuring apologies to me and I realized that we both went through a lot of things while we were away from each other. It was enough. I suffered as much as he did and we both deserved some rest from all the drama of our lives. At the age of sixteen, we’d gone through things that most people wouldn’t have been able to imagine and yet, we’ve survived. We needed to be together. Our trials were far from over but then I knew that our separation was just one of the many obstacles that we would come to face. It was a test of our love.
With those thoughts in mind, I twisted in his embrace so that I was facing him. His arms loosened their hold on me thinking that I wanted him to let me go. I sat up awkwardly, as I still had Rosalie in my arms, and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

“I forgive you,” I whispered much to his shock. I rose from the bed and walked towards Rose’s crib where I laid her gently.

I tucked a stray auburn curl behind her ear as I watched my child sleep. I thought of my father’s reaction to Troy’s abrupt return and my heart churned with anger at the man who had forced this situation upon us. Strong arms once again found themselves wrapped around my waist and I was once more pulled back into a broad chest.

He picked me up, carried me gently to the bed where he lay me down. Climbing up after me, he hugged me tight as he buried his face in my hair.

“I don’t deserve you,” his muffled voice came from the curtain of my dark locks. “How did this all happen? How can you be mine? I know I don’t deserve you so how come you’re still here?” a string of questions that voiced his doubts came flooding from his mouth.

“Hush my love,” I soothed. “I understand it now. We are meant to be together or else you wouldn’t be back and Rosalie would never have been given to us.”

“But I hurt you! I left you and broke your heart!” he whispered harshly. “How can you still love me?” he sobbed.

“That’s just it,” I said. “I love you. I love you so much that I can forgive what you’ve done. So much that I am willing to forget all of this and just start anew.”

He continued sobbing into my hair, his vice-like grip never letting up. It was a long while before he calmed down and when he did, we both succumbed to the darkness of sleep.

My deep slumber was interrupted by a bright flash of white followed by giggling. I buried my face into Troy’s neck hoping to block out whatever it was that was disturbing my blissful sleep. Another flash, another giggle, another voice and I grumbled angrily but kept my hold on Troy.

“You know, she just might kill you, right?” said a deep masculine voice.

“Oh, I think I’ll survive,” answered a female voice followed by another giggle.

‘That giggling is so annoying!’ I thought to myself until another laugh filled the air. Its pitch was higher, almost twinkling. ‘Rose,’ was the only thought that occupied my mind. I grudgingly opened my eyes to find that Troy was glaring at whoever had disturbed us. I twisted in his embrace so that I could look at the intruders and what I found didn’t surprise me.

There stood Bea with a camera in her left hand, Rose sitting up supported by her other harm. Next to her stood Marc with his right arm around her waist. I glared at Bea and she smiled sheepishly at me.

“What do you two want?” I growled out, still somewhat groggy.

“It’s dinner time,” Marc replied chuckling slightly.

“I don’t want to get up,” Troy whined behind me causing me to giggle softly.

“Why not?” I asked him.

“Too comfortable,” was his curt reply. I stifled a laugh before twisting to face him again. I kissed him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He responded eagerly and deepened the kiss. After a few moments we broke apart, me smiling at him.

“Momma,” Rose called vying for my attention. I sighed deeply then broke away from Troy’s embrace. I turned to face our visitors.

“Hey baby,” I greeted Rose. She immediately began squirming around in Bea’s arms. I looked at her then at Bea and she walked over to give me my daughter.

“Well, I guess we better go then,” Marc said once I had gotten Rosalie from Bea. He quickly steered her out of the room and closed the door behind them.

“Can we please stay here?” Troy begged.

“You know we can’t,” I replied. “If we do, someone else will come and get us.”

“Fine,” he huffed.

“How about this: I’ll make it up to you later?” I said flashing him a seductive smile.

“I’ll hold you to that,” he replied with a smirk.

We got out of bed, walked out of the room and began our trek down the stairs. We found our friends outside, in the garden where a barbecue was lit and a table was laden with food. Much to my surprise there were three more people than I was aware of. My mom was sitting on one of the garden chairs talking to Bea while Marc manned the barbecue. Jessica and Ralph were playing with my sisters Andrea and Stephanie.

“Mom?” I called out to her. She looked up to see me coming in their direction with Troy right behind me. I had Rose in my arms as I walked towards her and Bea. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

She held her arms out for Rose and I willingly gave my daughter to her before she answered. “I wanted to see how you were doing.” She said calmly. But, her voice was too calm.

“Mom, tell me,” I said. “I know you came here for a reason and I would like to know what.”

“You need to talk to your father,” was all she could say before we were interrupted. I could see the worry in her eyes as my sisters tackled me. I broke away from her gaze and promised myself that I would talk to her later.
Writing is not simply 'telling', it is also 'showing'. ~ Yanni1995

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 am
View Likes
Qoh16 says...

AW! You left it on a cliffhanger! But this was really good. I can't wait until chapter 12!!!! Good luck and keep writing, cause I'll be waiting!!! :D

Qoh16
~Life has a song for every moment in life. It is just the matter of finding the right one.~

Random avatar

Reviews: 88
Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:52 pm
Doxie00 says...

Like x 1000 !!!! :D Awesome...as usual ehh! :) Cant wait for chapter 12! :) Ayyy ally ! Cutting the chapter just when it was about to get juicy...hmpphh xD

A jury consists of twelve people who determine which client has the better lawyer.
— Robert Frost