Young Writers Society

Opposite of a Straight Path > Chapter 2

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu May 22, 2008 11:14 pm
Wildest Temptations says...

Chapter Two
Meet Kasey

I could feel my heart beating rapidly as I walked through the door of my house, with my parent’s eyes glaring at my back. I could hear them yelling at me, and telling me to come back. All I could think about was Emily. We had escaped the families who had been there for our lives, but didn’t know this big secret that was our lives.

“Kasey,” Emily said, pulling me down to sit on a park bench, “We have nowhere to go; nowhere to hide from all of the publicity that will soon come our way.” I could see that she was excited that we had just told both of our parents how we felt about each other, but I could see the disappointment that they had not understood that she felt that way about me. At this I was confused, I was beginning to see the cons of our decision.

“We’ll find someone,” I said, trying to sound assuring, and hoping my voice wouldn’t give my feelings away, “I know how you feel, that they don’t understand, that they don’t approve. At times, it may seem unbearable. We have to trust each other, and trust our hearts.” I could feel a stream of tears pouring from my eyes.

That night, we sat together on our friend’s spare bed. She had always suspected what was going on between Emily and I, although she didn’t know for sure until she saw us while she was walking her dog. She was the one person in this whole mess of a situation who could actually make a joke that would be funny, yet in some ways, true. Her name was Scarlet. She wasn’t just anyone; she was the daughter of a powerful man, and the daughter of a powerful woman.

“If you two want,” Scarlet earlier that day, her voice was quiet, but it seemed as if she were shouting our situation out to the world, “You can stay at my house, my folks are out, and it’s just going to be me and Joel.” Joel who?? Oh, of course, I should have known; her latest boyfriend.

Emily and I talked this over, and we accepted her offer, if we could share a room, of course. She said we could use her parents room, and Emily and I thought that it was a great idea, although we didn’t want to protrude, so they decided to settle for a guest bedroom, with a king-sized bed.

That night, when Joel came to Scarlet’s house, Emily and I decided to stay up in our room, as not to rouse any suspicion. We both borrowed pajamas from Scarlet and we each read a book in bed, without saying a word to each other. I had enough excitement for the day, and was too tired to think of fooling around with anyone.

As the night progressed, I became aware of moans from the room next door, Scarlet’s room. I knew who they belonged to, but I just wanted to be sure, so I quietly tiptoed out of the room, and down the hall to the next room.

I creaked open the door, and what I saw was amazing, and mortifying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here it is. Second Chapter of Opposite of a Straight Path.
"The only life worth living is the one you're truly passionate about." -- Emma Pillsbury, Glee

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat May 24, 2008 10:52 pm
soconfused4512 says...

yet again I LOVE the story pleas ekeep me posted i actually didn't see any typos so I believe you are doing REALLY well and yet again PLEASE keep me posted oh and if you haven't already would you PLEASE read and comment on my poetry?
~OdD~OnE~

15 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2008 6:39 pm

I'm really glad you liked it. I am glad that my writing has the power to keep you reading. I will write more, but for now, I kind of need to stop neglecting my school work. Haha.
"The only life worth living is the one you're truly passionate about." -- Emma Pillsbury, Glee

15 Reviews

Thu May 29, 2008 11:08 pm

Third chapter soon to be posted.

Don't gobblefunk around with words.
— Roald Dahl