z

Young Writers Society

Bandages: Part Four

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 07, 2008 2:18 am
day tripper says...

Bandages: Part Four

Dustin scattered away, but I chased him down the hallway. “Dustin!” I shouted, ignoring all the glances from other students wallowing in the hallways. He made a sharp left into the stair’s hallway. By that point, the bell ran and I lost him. As I turned to walk back to Natalie, someone rushed out of the door and knocked me down. I squinted to keep myself from blackening out but it was already too late, everything was fading along with my hearing. Soon, it was total darkness.

June, 2005:

I walked down the hallways of 8th grade, looking around at everyone. They were so beautiful, was that why Dustin didn’t like me? Because I wasn’t as skinny and gorgeous like Natalie and everyone? I continued to walk down the hallways with Natalie at my side and my friend Sara on the other. 8th grade was such a rush, so many things happened this year, basically putting me one day as a child, the next an adult.

There he was, the boy of my dreams: Dustin Hagers. I loved him with a passion. He had the most amazing voice, his eyes killed me with daggers, he was really smart, he had a big heart, and he was Italian like me. There was obviously much more to that, but for some reason, I could never get over him. He always ignored me, always hurt me, yet he always stared at me. This has been going on for eight months now, ever since I first revealed my feelings to him, hoping there would be a chance. But, there was never a chance with Dustin. I would get extremely jealous when this girl Rosie would talk about all her inside jokes with Dustin since he was in all her classes. I would burn with jealousy but manage to keep a smile on my face and nod. I past by Dustin and waved, but no luck, he just turned away.

May 2008:

“Celia.” I turned to see Dustin making his way over. That was the first time ever I heard him say my name, and I was sadden to know that it would most likely be the last.

“Yes?” I asked, continuing to getting my books from out of my locker. I hardly ever used my locker, but I needed to get a text book out of it.

“I need to talk to you.” He stated bluntly. He placed a hand on a locker and stared down at me. He was so tall, always has been.

“Me? Um… okay?” I asked. I was completely shocked, what would he want with me? I closed my locker and crossed my arms, leaning against it. He sighed and grabbed me by the forearm, pulling me into the next empty corridor of the 11th grade hallway. I didn’t bother to say anything. I didn’t even want to really listen. Dustin has hurt me since day one, why bother to listen now? But, instead I did.

“Listen… I know I’ve been a jerk-“

“Correction: ass.” I interrupted, but instantly wished I could take it back for he was getting annoyed.

“Okay, fine, ass. But, I want to take it all back. Celia, I am so sorry, for everything. Please, forgive me.” He was holding my hands by now, looking me into the eyes. ‘Yes’ was stuck in my throat, I wanted to scream it out. But, the more I thought about it, all that came to mind was all the nights I cried myself to sleep from terrible heart ache, intimidated glances, painful words, I just couldn’t. It was his time for hurt.

“Dustin…” I started, my eyes stinging, “I can’t.” With that, I walked out and down the hallway heading for lunch. My words were repeating in my head and the more they ran the more depressed I became. I hit the lunch room and placed my hood up.

“What’s wrong?” Sara asked from across the table. I smiled sweetly at her,

“Nothing, suga-plums!” I giggled to hide my sadness, “Just cold.” She smiled and continued to eat.

“Celia!” I heard my name hollered-

I woke up in the nurse’s office, scared. My breathing was heavy and I was sweating. I get it now, I finally understand. Dustin has loved me the whole time, just like I have. I told him no. I was so stupid! I got off the bed and darted to the Nurse.

“Excuse me, what class period is it?” I asked as soon as I made it out of the resting room. The Nurse looked at me with a jarred mouth.

“Celia! You’re up! You must go back and rest; you cannot already be fully recovered!” She started to push me back into the room.

“Wait! No! I need to go!” I protested trying to escape past her grasp. I looked out the window into the hallway and saw Dustin walking by. “Dustin!” I yelled, but the nurse kept pushing me back in and he didn’t hear me.

An hour later she let me free, telling me that I was having a breakdown side affect from the black out. Black out? I don’t even remember a black out. All that was on my mind was the horrible mistake I made. I walked out of her office gently, but as soon as I was in the hall, I darted to his locker.

He wasn’t there! I was so scared; I couldn’t wait until seventh period to talk to him! It was only fifth! I was lost; I started to breath heavy and wheeze. “Oh no, not again,” I thought, “not now.” I was having a breakdown; as soon as the tears would come they wouldn’t stop. I held a hand to my chest and tried to take deeper breaths.

“Celia?” I looked up and saw Travis staring down at me. He saw me trying to breathe and knelt down. “Its okay, C, I’m here, its fine. Just breathe.” I looked up at him and tried to tell him the best I could.

“Find-” I stopped to breath, “Find… Dustin.” I started to calm down and rested my head against the wall.

“I’m not leaving you like this! Wait- did that Dustin kid do this to you?” I saw those eyes widen and his structured jaw clench. Fuck.

“No!” I coughed out. “Just, find him.” I said in a whisper. I hastily got myself up and watched Travis walk away unsurely. I started to walk slowly down the hall. I turned the corner and bumped right in with someone. At first, I thought it was Shafer, but second glances came to show it was Dustin. He was staring at me, confused.

There should be only one more part to this short story, then I'm going to post Chapter 4 of welcome to miami(:
A little less inhuman.
A little more brutal.
Let the blood be your drug.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Wed May 07, 2008 3:01 am
LunaBuna43 says...

Ahh!! The forth part! Awesome!
I, myself didn't find anything wrong but...
You left me on a cliff-hanger again!!
Darn you! Just kidding.
Actually I really liked this one to.
It did go a bit fast for my taste but, hey, it's okay!
Awesome, Great, Amazing even!
Can't wait for the next one!

~Lulu
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Thu May 08, 2008 4:07 am
Ross says...

Okay, I didn't read the other stuff (which I should probably have done) but this was very good.

Typos were scant and so were spelling errors. I loved your use of flashbacks, but you might want to draw the reader in with "This is what happened" or something like that.

I love the characters. They seem very fleshed out. This was overall a great chapter.

Grade: B
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart