z

Young Writers Society

sacuna's gift prologue

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:54 pm
selenasacuna says...

How? I don’t know but, someone has kidnapped my beloved Katori,
and there will be hell to pay. After all we’ve been through I’m not losing him. Not now not ever.
Last edited by selenasacuna on Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:46 am
Wolf says...

I promise you that I'll critique this tomorrow, but for now, you should fix the title. It should be:
Sacuna's gift: Prologue.
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:43 pm
Wolf says...

selenasacuna wrote:My family is all male accept for me I am the only female in our clan. My bothers are either werewolves or vampires and they will protect me as I protect them.

That first sentence doesn't exactly...well, I'm pretty sure it's not grammatically correct. I think you should change it to:
My family is all male except for me; I am the only female in our Clan.
Also, the second sentence...it's fine the way it is, but I think you should change it to:
My brothers are either vampires of werewolves and they will protect me just as I am protect them.
Another thing to consider; how is she the only female in her Clan? Doesn't she have a mom? I mean, I have the feeling that her mom bit the dust, and if she did, I think you should change the first sentence to:
My family is male except for me; I am the only female since my mother died.

I am about 5’9 and pale as the moon I have purple eyes and long black waist length hair.

I don't like how you used actual numbers...maybe you should just say 'Five foot nine inches'? Also, the two descriptions need to be joined by something [and etc] for the phrase to make proper sense. I would suggest:
I am about five feet and nine inches tall and as pale as the moon. I have purple eyes and long waist length black hair.

I can change into anything I want just by thinking about it.

Whoa, whoa. If this were a Storybook [that I were in charge of], I'd say you were way god-moding. I mean, you can change into anything you want just by thinking of it? There's no physical or mental strain required? :?

After me is my 2 favorite brothers Andrew and Mercutio.

Again with the numbers...:wink:

then there is katori my beloved he is the one who gave me my powers

I don't know if it was just a typo but you forgot to capitalize the T in 'then' and you forgot to put a period after 'powers'. Also, since 'katori' is a name, there should be a capital K.

I’m the devils niece and gods daughter within me I harbor a demon of hell and an angel of god. My family and I help those in need and punish wrongdoers. This is my story.

Make 'devil's possessive (devil's) and also make 'gods' possessive (god's). And I think there should be a semi-colon after 'daughter'.
The idea of harboring creatures from both Heaven and Hell is an interesting one, if not particularly original. Also, if she and her family help those in need, they seem all nice and kind, blah blah blah, etc etc. I think you should mentioned somewhere how her dual nature (devil) shows.

I promise lemons when??? I don’t know…..

Um...what? Lemons?
What do lemons have to do with, well, anything?! Also, I don't think the multiple question marks are necessary.

Overall, this was...interesting. I mean, it was pretty good.
I like your ideas, but I think you need to develop them more. But then again, this is just the prologue.
Keep writing,
Ayra :smt045
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:06 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

All right, I won't be so mean. You know how I am.

My friends are unicorns and dragons, wolves, snakes and winged horses.

Hmm. You should probably write it this way, instead:

My friends are unicorns, dragons, wolves, snakes, and winged horses.

You've got some serious run-on sentences.

My family is all male accept for me I am the only female in our clan.

Try this: The entire clan consists of males, except for me. I am the only female alive.

My bothers are either werewolves or vampires and they will protect me as I protect them.

And this: My brothers are a werewolf and a vampire; they will protect me, just as I protect them.

I am about 5’9 and pale as the moon I have purple eyes and long black waist length hair.

And this: I am about five nine (don't use numbers in a sentence!), pale as the moon, against which lavendar eyes and long, black hair contrast dramatically.

then there is katori my beloved he is the one who gave me my powers

And this: Then there is Katori, my beloved. He is my creator.

I’m the devils niece and gods daughter within me I harbor a demon of hell and an angel of god.

And this: I am the Devil's niece and God's daughter. A demon of hell and an angel of heaven dwell within me.

And work on your spelling! Use a reference book (a dictionary or me, since I'm a walking dictionary, lol) if you have to!

Other than that, pretty captivating.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope