z

Young Writers Society

Rain Before Dawn, Chapter 7

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:42 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

Oh my gosh, how long has it been since I posted Rain Before Dawn? It's been a while but here you go everyone.

Chapter 7

Eve wakes up from a pleasant sleep; she hadn’t had one of those in such a long time. She stretches and gets off the bed she was on. All of a sudden she remembers everything she had learned the night before. She feels a little overwhelmed but manages to stand up. Demitrin comes in and holding a cup of sweet smelling water. He hands it to her smiling.

“It’s herbal tea, love.”

Eve drinks it and sets the cup on a table near the bed.

“Demitrin.”

“Yes?”

“Is Michael really evil?”

“I’m afraid so.”

“I guess you can’t really judge people on how they look.”

“Love, all that matters is that you’re safe now.”

Eve sighed. “Yeah.”

“I think you would feel better after a nice relaxing bath what do you think?”

She nodded. “It would be nice to feel clean.” She motions to all the stains in her dress and dirt clots in her hair.

“The bathroom is the door right over there.” He points to a door over near the balcony.

“Thanks.” She hugs Demitrin and walks over to the bathroom door, “For everything.”

She opens the door and walks inside. She strolls over to the tub, turns the knobs and looks around the room. A light blue towel sits on the sink. She sets it on the toilet, turns off the knobs and slides into the warm water. The water is soothing and she shuts her eyes to let her muscles unwind.

Surprisingly, the previous day’s events flood her mind and she slowly begins to weep. She trusted Michael, and what? It turns out he only wanted her to play a role in his devilish scheme. In the back of her mind something was telling her that something wasn’t right. She was too overcome with sadness to even notice that something could save her life.

After a while, Eve gets out of the tub and realizes she has no clothes to wear except the dress with the stains. She wraps the towel around herself, opens the door and peers out.

“Hello? Demitrin?”

Spotting some clothes on the bed she walks out of the bathroom and takes the stack. She unfolds it and sees another dress but this one is scarlet and longer. Groaning she puts it on, clothes is clothes. Still, she has no shoes but she doesn’t care. She puts the towel on the counter in the bathroom and walks out on the balcony.

She sees she slept for the whole day because it’s dark outside again. The cool night breeze wisps around her newly cleaned body as she looks out at the night sky.

“It’s a beautiful night isn’t it?” a voice says from behind her.

She turns to see Demitrin.

“I really slept for the whole day?”

Demitrin laughs. “I’m afraid you were so tired you just slept like a baby. I didn’t think I should wake you, so in letting you sleep you woke up at night. But that’s actually good for me, love.”

“And why’s that?”

He looked at her not knowing if she really meant what she asked. “You’re joking, right?”

She shook her head. “No.”

“I thought you knew.”

Puzzled she asked, “Knew what?”

“That I’m a vampire.”

A silence broke out.

Finally, Eve said something, “I had no idea. How come you didn’t tell me earlier?”

Demitrin looked away from Eve’s always asking eyes. “I thought you knew but apparently Michael didn’t tell you anything.”

“Was he supposed to?”

“No-I mean yes. Ah, love, I don’t know. All I know is that I have to tell you everything. You see I’m from Earth it’s just I was born of evil parents, like Michael. Only thing is, unlike Michael I left my parents and their evil ways.”

Eve had so many questions but decided it might be rude to ask. And even ruder to ask questions about someone’s past, whom so clearly didn’t like to talk about it.
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance