z

Young Writers Society

PaperCutt - Chapter 3

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:46 pm
Darkmoon158 says...

I didn't get much comments on chapter two but I'm posting chapter three anyway...

CHAPTER THREE

A roar of thunder shook the ground as Roselin lit four torches. Each set at the four basic positions of the compass. With a branch, Erin drew a large circle within the boundaries of the torches. Kaylee stood at the north torch with the spell book in her hand. Erin took her spot at the south torch.

Erin hugged Roselin and handed her a thin piece of sharp metal, “Are you sure you want to do this?” she asked with the utmost concern.

Roselin tousled Erin’s now-down hair and responded, “As sure as rain, sister. Don’t worry though I’ll be fine.”

Roselin hugged her sister one more time before entering the circle Erin drew. Her dress dragged in the dirt as she walked. It was the long black, dipping dress Vic liked. Since he passed away it had only been collecting dust in the back of her closet for if she even as much as looked at it she cried tears of misery. But tonight was for Vic not her.

Another crack of thunder and she stopped in the middle of the circle, fear rising up in her chest. She looked at her watch; it was only a bit before midnight. 47 seconds, 48, 49, 50, 51- only a few more seconds to go. Crossing her fingers she hoped this would work. 55 seconds, 56, 57, 58, 59- midnight.

In an upward burst of wind, Kaylee began to ramble words off of a page in the book. Erin watched Roselin jab the metal into her palm. Roselin was engraving letters into her skin, V-I-C; it was a name, A-N-G-E-L-O. She was almost done, T-A-L-T-E-I-I. Blood began to drip out of the words like poison in a snake’s fangs.

Kaylee’s chanting stopped suddenly. It was Roselin’s turn.

She unclasped the locket from around her neck and pressed it into the open cuts on her palm.

Loud and clear she exclaimed, “Let the blood of a loved one be his guide! Let the gift from his heart be his pride!”

As if in slow motion the blood-covered locket dropped onto the dirt.

“I call upon the spirit of Vic Angelo Talterïï!”

The circle around her feet shot up, forming a seal around Roselin. Her head was thrown back causing her to scream out in silent pain. Erin watched helplessly as Roselin’s power was being drained.

It began to rain as a shadow slowly appeared in the circle with Roselin. The shadow became a solid figure and Roselin’s small body fell with a soft thud against the wet ground. The circle lowered and now a man stood with Roselin.

I don't mean to be a nag but if you read this story could you please comment?
For now I will let the blood drip from my fingers...

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:16 pm
you_really_suck says...

well i think you should write more because
well because i say so
yay
i guess it is good
but then again i can't read lol
Meat is Murder

Don't sit down and write because you're a writer; sit down and write because you have something to say. And if the sea of ideas isn't flowing, well, just tell me about your day.
— OrabellaAvenue