z

Young Writers Society

LIfe chapter 3?

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 am
RubinLikes2Write says...

once again this is rough draft and this is once again the first time I've let anyone read it...sorry for all of the spelling and grammar mistakes i know i should correct them but I'm just so lazzy...

You may ask why I’d say that about my beautiful, blue eyed, blonde hair sister, who was so much like are mother. Tiny boned, high cheekbones. Well she made me feel like a pile of rat shit the day this happened.
Mary was once again talking about her face…. or was it her hair? …... Well whatever she talks about. (Had I mentioned that you’d be hard pressed to find someone vainer then Mary? No? Well now ya know.) Then she said something bitchy like,
“Crap Liz! I can't see how you stand the shitty condition your hair is always in! I would never let my hair get like that.” Then she smirked and fluffed her beautiful hair at me! There I was low self-esteem eleven year old having my beautiful fifth teen-year-old sister tell me my hair was uglier than a rat’s ass. Can you say SHELL SHOCKED! I just stared at her. We were alone in a slow traffic street on our way home, from getting semi- new cloths for the family. She continued smirking and tossed her clean, unknotted, straight, platinum blonde hair.
“Wow you really are slow! And I thought people were just over exaggerating! Huh, who would have guessed?” Now my mouth was hanging open, making me look even more stupid then she thought I was. As Mary opened her mouth to criticize me for my plain brown hair, or the weird, bulging mix of my mother’s bones and my fathers, or my freaky right angel features. I ran the entire half a mile home. Not stopping, even thou my sides ached and lungs burned from inhaling too much smoke.
When I slammed into the house, Mother and Rose looked up. Mother had a new, red gash running down the length of her cheekbone. And Rose had been crying. They were sitting at are brand new, falling apart, kitchen table, drinking tea that we were supposed to be saving for Jake and I birthday celebration tomorrow night.
“What’s wrong baby?” mother asked.
“Mary”. I whimpered pathetically, is all I replied.
“What about Mary?” Rose asked
Don’t bothering to say hello or anything.
“Lizzy, why are you crying? Did something happen to Mary?” Mother said using my toddler nickname. More salty tears sprang to my eyes. My own family cared more about my selfish, bratty, but still beautiful sister then me. I let the shameful tears roll down my cheeks as I turned and bolted at of the house. Rose and Mother half-heartedly calling after me.
It was about sunset, and it was summer’s eve so I knew it would be dangerous to be outside. More people got drunk and or high during this time than usual, but I didn’t care. I was upset and lost, therefore scared. And that fueled me to keep running even thou I hadn’t a clue where I was.
When I finally calmed down enough to stop running and look around. I gasped. I was in the most beautiful place I had ever seen. The sun was a couple of hours away from setting, but the sky was still turning a slight pink color. The pink sky showing through some strange, exotic, white tropical flowers were breath taking. The ground was acutely clean! It was covered in tan gravel. The fences that lined the ally (that was what I figured it was,) were dyed white. The sheds and houses were all bright colors. They looked brand new; I couldn’t see any damage on them either. The green lawns looked like someone came out each day with a ruler, and cut the grass an exact half an inch. There were real flowers too. I had only seen pictures of flowers, and couldn’t believe that something could look that nice in our run down world.
I remembered Mother’s new cut on her cheekbone. I was sure that if I picked her actual flowers it would make her feel better. Maybe she’d like me more than Mary then. I looked back at the houses. They had so many flowers, I couldn’t figure out where they got them. Perhaps flowers were like weeds, you only need one, and they spread on their own. In that case, I’ll take some from one of the houses. I thought. Once again I looked around. No one.
I hopped the nearest fence into the house’s back lawn. I edged forward in case these people had any dogs, but none came. So I inched forward to the garden, and examined the flowers. They were all so beautiful, and delicate. Just like Mary. I thought with a pang in my heart. Except she’s heartless, not delicate! I chuckled to myself then, because I was right. Mary was heartless. As I thought all this I picked what I thought was the prettiest flowers. I looked down in wonder; they were so delicate, so easy to break...
"Crap." I muttered. I accidentally crushed the flowers, trying to see how hard I could squeeze them without their breaking. I looked down at the sticky mess that was in my dirty hand.
Well at least it smells good.
When I got up to go, I pricked my hand on one of the strange red flowers with thorns on the green part.
“Ouch!” I shouted. The thorn went deep, maybe piercing all the layers of skin. I covered my finger with my other hand; I looked up, blowing up my tan cheeks with air.
What I saw made me forget my pain. The Royal palace was basically right next door. From miles away I thought the palace was big. But close up it was like a monster! A gold leafed, jade, ruby, diamond, opal, tigers-eye, emerald, amber infused monster! The giant building had magnificent domes that touched the turning sky. On top of the middle and tallest of the domes there was a silver statue, but I couldn’t tell what of.
Then with a shock I realized that I somehow found an unguarded way in to the middle-class walls.
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut its self.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 pm
Smilykid says...

That was pretty good. Here I'll give you a review.

They were sitting at are brand new, falling apart, kitchen table, drinking tea that we were supposed to be saving for Jake and I birthday celebration tomorrow night.

The "are" should be our

“Mary”. I whimpered pathetically, is all I replied.

I would change it to something like... "Mary." I replied whimpering pathetically.

Don’t bothering to say hello or anything.

The "bothering" should be bother.

More salty tears sprang to my eyes.

I would change "to" to from. (Just my opinion)

The green lawns looked like someone came out each day with a ruler, and cut the grass an exact half an inch.

I just like that sentence!

Maybe she’d like me more than Mary then.

I would change this to... Maybe then she'd like me more than... Mary.

So I inched forward to the garden, and examined the flowers.

Nothing big I would just remove the "so".

As I thought all this I picked what I thought was the prettiest flowers.

Change "was" to were.

A gold leafed, jade, ruby, diamond, opal, tigers-eye, emerald, amber infused monster!

I love this sentence!!

Anyway that's all I saw that I thought needed changing. Other than that you have a great story! PM me if you have any questions and I'll be waiting for the rest to come out!
Best Regards,
-Smilykid
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher