z

Young Writers Society

The Forest of Darkness

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:53 pm
ladydark says...

Lady Dark sat on the couch, looking into the fire, Delucaz smiled and sat next to her, sliding an arm around her waist he pulls her in close, “Mm.. how I’ve missed you my sweet…lets go pay a visit to your friend Tabris shall we?” He smiled and kissed her cheek, she resisted a shudder as she plastered a smile on her face, “Oh yes, lets pay a visit to Tabris.” Delucaz grinned and pulled her in closer, they vanished in a shimmer of light and appeared next to the trio, startling them, “good evening… may I present Lady Dark, my lover once more?” Lady wrapped an arm around Delucaz and leaned against him, staring at his face with a lovers smile. Tabris stared in shock, and soon his gaze turned fierce and violent, “What have you done to her?” Delucaz chuckled hoarsely, “Oh I have done nothing, she has done it upon herself. Thank you Tabris, for returning her to me.” Tabris growled and lunged at them, but the pair disappeared quickly. He fell to the ground and shuddered, as Kain and Romien peered on, stunned into silence.

Kain moved over and placed a hand on Tabris’ back, “Tabris, you okay?” Tabris stood up slowly and walked over to a tree, shaking his head at the sudden encounter he slams a hand into a tree, “I do not believe that… she loves me to much, she’d never…” He walked off a bit and glared at Romien, “well, where did the magic go. The faster we find Sanska the sooner I can help Faith.” Romien came out of his daze slowly and nodded, “Yes…, I believe that the magic thread has led us to this tree because this is where he transported from. We could continue to track the thread, though it’d be very faint and barely visible. It’d be like tracking a crow in a flock of ravens.” Tabris stared out at nothing then back a Romien, “Let us track it then, it is the only way.”
Delucaz and Lady re-appeared in his hide-out. He smiled and ran a finger along his face, “Now my pet, I must run out and do something, will you be a good girl and stay here while I’m gone?” Lady smiled and bowed her head, “Of course my love, what you wish is mine to give.” Delucaz stepped closer and pulled her into a tight embrace, hands wandering down her body as she smiled, “I hope Delucaz is satisfied with what I have give him…” He nodded and ran his fingers through her hair, “Stay, I shall return shortly.” He turned and walked out of the room, disappearing into the night.

Lady waited until he was far away, then shuddered. She walked slowly over to the entrance and slipped outside silently. Heading towards the nearest stream she slipped out of her clothes and set them aflame, diving into the water. The water was ice cold but she didn’t care as she washed herself off, thinking to herself, ‘my pet, my love, my lover. Who does he think he is, does he really believe I’d go for him again? Hopefully it won’t be to long before I can finish my task…” She slipped out of the water slowly and shook herself off, heading back towards his den she sighed, pondering her next move. Lady walked back into the den and pulled a light robe around herself, settling down on the couch she closed her eyes, waiting for Delucaz’s return.

Delucaz silently retraced his steps and peered into the den, making sure Lady Dark was still in there. Seeing she was not he raised an eyebrow, glowering slightly, “Where did she go? She made a promise… perhaps she’s not as in control as I thought…” He muttered to himself but soon spotted her at the stream. Slipping over he watched her wash, his gaze longing as she washed herself then headed back to his den. “Perhaps not… perhaps all she wanted to do was make herself more pleasant for me… but still, must be cautious.” He strolled back into his hide-out and smiled, “My love, you’re hair is wet, where have you been?” Lady stood up quickly and bowed low, “Forgive me, I wanted to clean up for your return. I thought you would enjoy it.” Delucaz moved over to her and slid off the robe, “Oh that I do…” and laid her back on the couch, the lights fading as night settled in.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:16 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

oohhh, why is she acting in like she is in his control, thats just weird, or is she waiting until they are sleeping to gether to kill him. or something like that?
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

80 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:21 pm
ladydark says...

well Mr. DQ sir, would you like to fight someone who wants to brutally murder you, tricked you into believing ye had a sibling and then turn on you again in a heartbeat, head on, or would you like to torment them a bit.. and weaken their defenses...
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

375 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:32 pm

good point, thats what i was thinking, when his defenses are down... kinda cheap shot though

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

80 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:35 pm
ladydark says...

not nesscarily... he was going to do the same to her... she's doing the same to him, only a bit different...

375 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:42 pm

youmight want to stop talking about what your are about to write, make it a suprise!!!

80 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:52 pm
ladydark says...

I am... don't trust everything I say about my story...

Romien picked up the thread again and looked at the other two, then slowly started to follow it through the forest. The light faded in some places but they kept up with it, soon night fell and the path was a bit clearer to Romien. “It seems the night strengthens the magic, quickly now, we do not have much time.” With that word he broke into a slow run, keeping the thread in hand and eyes on the light. Kain and Tabris looked at each other and shrugged. “You heard the man..” Kain said, and trotted after Romien, Tabris following close behind.

The trio kept this up for a few hours, dodging between trees and over streams, keeping silent they traveled without disturbance. Soon the magic thread thickened and Romien slowed down, walking towards a large elm tree he looked at it curiously, “Sanska came out here, but where is here?” he murmured to himself. Kain shifted impatiently as Tabris looked around, “It looks familiar…” He wandered over to the elm then looked around, suddenly a long thin branch whipped out, grabbing him by the ankle it dragged him over to an ancient looking elm. Hanging him high in the air upside down, the tree spoke, “Why Tabris, what brings you back here so soon?” the tree cackled, and Tabris grinned faintly, “We seem to have a habit of that don’t we Aralu?”

Kain and Romien wandered over curiously to Tabris, Kain smirked, “Gee, and I thought only Faith could knock Tabris off his feet.” Tabris made a swing at Kain but missed, the tree formed a face in the trunk and dropped Tabris gently. “Why, Tabris, is this Kain? He seems so much smaller then I imagined.” Tabris chuckled faintly and grabbed Kain, pulling him onto the ground, “Yes Aralu, this is Kain. Not much to look at but highly amusing.” Kain squirmed and pushed Tabris off as Romien stepped back cautiously, “Tabris… who is this?” he inquired.

Aralu reached out a branch and rested a limb on Romien’s chest, “Hmm… you seem familiar. Have we met?” Romien shook his head quickly, “No my lady.” Aralu shook out her branches and turned her gaze back to Tabris, “So, what brings you back here so soon?” Tabris looked up at her and bowed slightly, “We are searching for… an old friend, have you seen him? He goes by Sanska, he seems to have come by here recently.” Aralu stood still for a moment, then leaned closer to Tabris, “Sanska is a friend of yours is he? Well I’m sorry I am of no help to you, I will not help those who are on friendly terms with that wretch. He destroyed the balance of the forest, and any friends of his, are enemies of mine.” Tabris smiled faintly, “I’m so glad to hear that… we seek Sanska to stop him from destroying the forest. I wasn’t sure if you were friend or foe to him.” Aralu smiled, “I am glad to hear that. Sanska went east wards, towards the desert. That is where he stays.” Tabris bowed, “Thank you my lady. Balance will be restored soon, I give you my word.”

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:03 am

go tree lady!!!!!, and death to sanska!!!! bwahahahhaa, nice installment, and the pace is perfect.

80 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:34 am
ladydark says...

okay, this is the last one for today, promise! I just wanted to conclude page 24, now at 25,725 words and going! Was in a serious writing moood today... finished an entire page and a half in about 6 hours... o.O

Delucaz gazed upon Lady’s face as she slept, peaceful in his arms. He ran his fingers through her thick hair, leaning in close and kissed her cheek. She smiled in her sleep and shifted over, moving in closer to him. Delucaz watched her, wary, but his love for her was slowly weakening him. His head slowly rested upon hers, and slept, content and safe, holding his love in his arms.

Aralu stretched out her branches, “It is getting late young ones, sleep under my branches, I’ll keep you safe from night attacks. You must rest before you reach the desert.” Tabris bowed, “Thank you great lady.” He sat against the trunk carefully, looking at Kain and Romien. Reluctantly they sat under the elm as well, laying on the grass the fell asleep, leaving Tabris to gaze at the twilight, slowly falling asleep.

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:37 am

writing frenzy, yay, i will faithfully keep reading and commenting on your beautiful works.

80 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 pm
ladydark says...

The next day dawned clear and rather cool. The trio woke up slowly as the sun creeped over the mountains, they stood up and looked at the tree. Aralu smiled and dropped a pouch onto Tabris, “Here, water for your journey. It will never run out, drink often, the desert is a treacherous and barren place. Good luck to you.” Tabris handed the pack to Romien and bowed, “Thank you again, we shall try our hardest to stop Sanska.” He turned and headed east, Kain and Romien followed close behind him, occasionally glancing back at the mysterious elm until it disappeared from sight.

Gradually the forest thinned out, trees becoming more sparse and small as the trice went further east. Stopping at a broad, and slow running river they glanced at each other then shrugged. Tabris grinned and pushed Kain into the water, then leaped across the river. Romien followed behind Tabris as Kain swam across the river, glaring a bit at Tabris, “So funny.” Tabris grinned and shrugged, “I know.” He glanced around and frowned, “I think we found the desert.” He started to jog towards a more sparse area and stopped suddenly, staring, “Yep… we found the desert.” Romien helped Kain out of the water and they joined Tabris. Romien stared, his eyes going wide as he stared at the desert. Kain raised an eyebrow and smiled faintly, “And how again, are we supposed to find Sanska in here?”

The desert was a sun beaten hell on earth. Only one water source, that was in the center of this place. The desert itself stretched nearly more then one could measure in each direction from the oasis in the center. It was pure hills and flat land, with hard packed dirt, and blinding white sand. The midday temperature could scorch any creature, not native to this hell, to a crisp within minutes. The creatures within the desert were a mystery to all, rumors of serpents and magical reptiles flew around about this desert. No vegetation dared to show its face in the desert, any that did would be blown away from the sudden and violent wind storms. Only time to travel was at night, and that was even more dangerous then in the day.
That is when all creatures who could not survive the heat came out, and they were the ones to fear.
The wasteland was nothing compared to the mysterious creatures of the night.

375 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:02 pm

cool stuff, the desert should be a nice place for your mind to wander.

Random avatar

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:02 pm
Dynasty cow says...

i was gona read it but its too long , nice name though

80 Reviews

Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:32 am
ladydark says...

thanks?
Last edited by ladydark on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:06 am
Torpid says...

Honestly, i think it needs a lot of revision but i dont know anyone in their right minds who would revise that HUMONGO story so i guess thats up to you if you feel the need. Also, in the very beginning, isn't she a vampire? So therefore she is not human. And it's called the Forest of Darkness, yet it is not an overall evil place. You spoke of a variety of creatures who were not all bad, therefore i think that the forest would be 'neutral' with bad and good and the Forest of Darkness doesn't fit the wood as a proper title. Also, i'd like you to know i admire you for sticking with a stroy for so long and making it happen and writing so much of it. That's all i have to say about that.
~Torpid

I’ll paraphrase Thoreau here... Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness, give me truth.
— Christopher Johnson McCandless