z

Young Writers Society

First Glance

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:48 am
jamesMarcus says...

It had been almost 3 months since i heard Alexandra's name or saw her. I still remember why she left, though the memory is not vague no matter how much i try and forget it. Alex and i met in the beginning of high school, in the starting we hated each other. Every time we came across each other something wrong happened, either her lunch tray dropped or i tripped on my shoelace or her friend broke her leg. We started dating after these incidents as our fights went on, i thought she was the most beautiful girl i ever laid eyes on and she adored my smile. Soon she told me how her father was against our seeing each other and in our 3 year she moved away to Manhattan. We really were in love and after that i transformed into and anti-skater dude dull James. No girl held my attention, homework was my job and washing my car was my hobbie. Spending time with Malcolm was considered "something fun" and going out with friends was just ...lame fun. She exited my life and the sun disappeared as winter came. The days became foggier and the cold just promoted my dullness, and later that winter in Vermont Montana i met the sun in the winter.

"YO! YO! yo! James! Over here" my best friend Alec shouted from across the class.

He looked like an idiot as usual. Alec had crazy black hair and his blue eyes always held a serious expression, well there was the irony, Alec was the most non-serious dude in the school. Alec and i had been best friends since junior high and we spent day and night hanging out. Alec was the only one who knew what i had gone through in the summer but he applied full effort to bring back the James he knew.

"OK! so i downloaded these cool applications in my blackberry and THEY ARE AWSOME!" he exclaimed.

Oh and Alec was a millionaire's son.

"That's great man. Huh...guess who i had to escape again?" i asked.

" Shes blonde and looks nothing like an Angel...could it be Angel?" he answered

"Name of an angel but inside of a devil" i said.

"ha ha ha. dude shes' hot! just go out with her, i bet a hundred bucks she will make out with you on your first date."

"Yeah i wont bet against that,she was about to in the parking lot. Anyway, whats new?"

"Not much man. There the student elections and then the student fund raising fair and then there is this transfer student coming from California and then there's this dance and...."

He went on talking unconsciously as he tested his new applications. Class was about to start in 10 minutes and i sat idol as i saw a red hair girl from a far corner staring at me. She was charming with her green eyes and a few freckles on her nose. She stood up and came towards our table. I recognized who she was, it was Sarah the superstitious. She believed in charms and palmistry and tarot cards.

"Hi James! I'm bored...i feel like reading hands,do you mind?" she asked.

"Not at all Sarah." i handed her my hand and i saw her face blush.

"Ok...lets see...yup you'r a life saver!....hmm thats odd... you seem to have a broken life line" a serious expression crossed her face.

"What the hell is a broken life line?"

" Your life line is broken...and it starts again. As if the hand of someone who re-incarnates...." she said slowly.

The bell rang and her facial expression shifted from serious to worried. She dropped my hand and went back to her seat.

I stared at my hands for five seconds and Prof. Edward entered the room and the class began.

The next day i had to walk to school as mom had sent her car to the hardware store's garage for repairs. I reached the school a little late and walked straight to class. The corridor was loud and noisy as well as crowded, i quickly grabbed my books from the locker and headed out. I turned and lost my balance as my books and i fell to the ground as i had bumped into someone. I looked up to meet a pair of big dark eyes and i continued to stare at them. The girl had perfect features, with a long nose and a dimple on her cheek, she had long straight hair that reached down her back . The hair was dark brown and it complimented her skin tone.

"I am so sorry! The hall way was crowded and i didnt see you. I can't find my locker and my bag is kind of heavy, could u tell me where locker C-3 is?" she asked in a sweet but nervous voice,

"Oh...uh...mm...i mean right down the hall" it took me minutes to spit these words out. I went in a sort of trance looking at her. She had the wind swept super model look but there was one imperfection; her eyes gave away a look that said trapped.

"Thank You....uhh hi! I'm E'stella" she smiled.

I felt the need to change my expression that was blank but her mile just made everything worse.

"Umm...hello? anyone online ahaah?" she asked.

"Oh sorry!It must be my pills again hahaha....Um hello! i'm James" i replied.

"Pleasure to meet you James" she did a little bow. That was odd and courteous, inside i wished she could teach Angel how to behave and dress better. She wore black skinny jeans that didn't seem so vulgar and a dark purple top with a mud green jacket and a black and purple scarf.

" Pleasures all mine" I bowed in a fake manner.

She giggled and walked away. I kept on staring and what seemed like seconds she disappeared in the crowd.

I found the light, i met my life, i found the lost light in a crowd. She smiled as her eyes danced with laughter. I found her and now i am to save her......

NO U
— Carina