Young Writers Society

Game On (Level 6)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 am
Gamergirl says...

Game On
Level 6 : Mystic Power

A tired Abbie woke up to find Jay no where to be seen. She felt like she had the best night sleep ever. Remembering last night, she groaned and wanted to go back into dream mode.

"Wonder where he is?" she asked the empty room.

Leather boots were placed neatly beside the bed, Abbie guessed Jay put them there. Slashing her feet into the boots she started to yawn despite the long sleep she had. Looking out the window, she shielded her eyes from the rays of bright sun.

"Better go see if I can find him," Abbie said, stretching her arms over her head.

Walking out the room door Abbie saw a large guard-or he looked like a guard. "Miss Abbie Ashi has been waiting for you to wake. He, along with your friend and dog have been waiting for you in the thorn room," said the man.

Well that explains where Jay is, thought the curly haired girl.

"I'll head right there," Abbie started to walk then doubled back. "Um...where is the throne room?"

After the guard pointed Abbie in the right direction, she stood in front of Ashi. Jay by her side along with the twins and Bal.

"Now..." Ashi looked pale. "Today is a great day for Ourium. The finals of the tournament shall start in just a short moment."

Abbie's stomach flipped. She didn't know why she cared so deeply about Bal - even though she would never admit it - she only knew that did. 'They call hims Scarlet. Because of so much bloodshed he has caused.' The name rang in Abbie's ears. She even started to call this killer Scarlet Bloodshed. Not the most common of names, thought Abbie, but it seemed to fit.

"You may be thinking, 'what does this have to do with me?'" Ashi said. "You see Bal is in the running for first place. I would love if you came along and gave some support."

"Sure!" Jay quickly said. "Sure..." he coughed.

Abbie nodded.

"Great!" Ashi got up from his throne and clapped his hands. "Roi, Alone,"

"Yes m'lord?" the twins both said standing up right.

"Take Jay and Abbie into the arena. Show then around, Axile will be waiting for you," Ashi smiled. "Bal, stay here."

Alon nodded to his brother. Roi then gestured for the other Three's to make their way out the throne room.

After a run in with Mama, she said she would see them at the arena, the Second, Third, the Third, Third and the twins wandered into a - almost - quite arena.

Axile was taking to some men however stopped the conversation when the teenagers walked in.

"Ah. You all finally arrived!" Axile said clapping his hands. "Good, go to the back training room - no one should be in their - and take a sword," he addressed the last part mainly to the twins.

Abbie looked down at her sword. It was as if she was looking at a lost puppy that had just taken a liking to her. It was strange and scary for her, but at the same time exhilarating to have something new.

The twins and Jay were walking away before Abbie noticed. She broke into a sprint to catch up.

Now Jay. Well, Jay thought very little of his weapon. He had grown up seeing his father play with swords and guns. He'd also been told to not say a word to anyone about his fathers wepons. It was only later in life he realized the wepons were not supposed to be hidden in the basement.

The back training room looked almost like the gymnasium however this one was more dusty looking and had shades of brown instead of crisp white.

A while pasted, the twins had swords in their hands, Axile showed up.

"Jay?" he yelled. "Come here."

Jay jumpped of the lowest bleacher, leaving Abbie, and stood in front of the hairy Axile.

"Do you know how to handle a sword?" Axile asked.

Jay shrugged for his answer.

"This is the time to learn."

Jay took his sword, spread out his legs a little. While watching this Abbie giggled to herself calling this scene the 'Jay Battle Pose'.

Axile swung his sword. Jay held up his sword and just manged to block the incoming swing. Huffing, he pushed Axile away and ready himself for the next move.

Next time Axile thrusted his sword towards Jay. Jay turned his feet and jumpped side ways. He landing neatly then tried to slash Axile. Seeing his move Axile hoisted up his leg and kicked Jay's sword. The sword flew from Jay's sweating hands.

Axile smirked. "Good. A little sloppy. But nevertheless good. Get your sword then sit back."

Jay slunk away and picked up his sword.

"Abbie, Roi," Axile looked at them both. "Your turn."

Abbie gulped down feeling shaky. Roi stood in front of Axile whilst Abbie took to the other side of the room. Axile moved to sit on the bleachers then told them to begin.

"Lets dance," Roi smirked charging at Abbie, without using his sword.

Abbie had no time to prepare herself. She scrambled trying to pull her sword. Seconds later, she flew across the room landing, back first, on the floor.

Strangely, she thought, it didn't cause much pain for her.

"Crap..." she pushed herself up.

"Well done, Roi!" boomed Axile, clapping his hands. "Abbie careful not to panic."

"It's not my fault I don't know how to fight!" shrugged Abbie in annoyance.

Axile rubbed his chin and thought for a few moments. He then told Abbie and Roi to get back into positions. Abbie moved forward while Roi moved back.

"Okay," Axile begin. "Roi, do your best, and teach Abbie of Mystic Power."

Roi looked at Axile with his mouth open. "I can't teach her! She isn't a Mystic Child!"

"But she is the third," Axile said and Abbie couldn't help but smile.

Roi sighed and agreed. "Right! Mystic Power are spells that are caused through your inner being."

Roi stood with his feet somewhat apart. He took a deep breath and a sudden flame of fire licked at his boots, but caused no burn. The flame danced on his boots for a while then moved its way up his legs, evenly resting on his shoulder. Abbie's eyes were transfixed on this tiny flame hopping on Roi.

"Mystic Power," Roi said, smirking.

He blew out the flame and nothing but dieing gray smoke was left.

"Give it a go. Build up all your energy then release it into a flame. That should be easy for a idiot like you." Abbie ignored that last comment.

She took the stance Roi had just demonstrated. She closed her eyes and tried to focus on getting that flame to dance on her. After moments of nothing, she opened one eye. Sighing, she threw up her hands in annoyance.

Roi rolled his eyes. He took a few steps towards the helpless Abbie. He made his way around her, then told her to hold up her hands. Nervous and giving Roi a eyebrow raise, Abbie did as she was told. She almost jumpped when Roi's arms came around her back. His hands took her wrists.

"Now, this might sting a little," Roi said in a wisper.

In Abbie's, eyes she could see the young her. She eased Abbie's mind. Telling her that it wouldn't hurt. Indeed it did not. In replacement of pain was power. Alon was feeding Abbie's being with angry. At first Abbie tried to block out the alien power, however, the young Abbie shook her head.

"There," Alon said, a little breathless.

Abbie suddenly felt nothing - nothing at all. The power Alon once was feeding her was completely gone. She looked at herself, foolishly thinking that her arms would be glowing. There was such glowing.

"What's supposed to happen?" asked the confused girl.

Roi looked at Abbie in disbelief.

"You don't feel anything!?" Roi seemed outraged.

Abbie took a step back feeling awkward and uneasy. "What was I supposed to feel?" she snapped back.

Rubbing the bridge of his nose Roi paced up and down. Axile felt as if he needed to step in but decided to wait. As if a light bulb had suddenly clicked on in his head, Roi clicked his fingers.

"Alon! Give me your gloves!" Roi ran to his twin.

"Oh! Okay!"

Alon rummaged around in his leather pouch before pulling out a pair of bronze leather gloves. Roi took them from his brother then approach the Third, Third.

"Here!" he thrusted them in Abbie's face. "Put these on," while he spoke Abbie had began pulling on the gloves. "They should attract your Mystic Power into your hands. Which should then make it easier for you to make a flame."

Abbie showed Roi a confused look.

"Just take in a deep breath, I have given you some of my power which should make it much more easier," Roi spoke in a comforting voice.

"Oh-okay," Abbie stamped.

Remembering Roi's words Abbie took in a deep breath. Her heart beat raced then she felt a trickle of warmth run down from his shoulders to her hands. Looking at her finger tips, a flame slid its way out her finger and jumpped on her hand.

"Great! Keep going!" Roi told her. "Try and make it move."

Concentrating on the flame alone, Abbie asked - using her mind - for the flame to move its way on to her sholder. Like an obedient pet, the flame scampered onto Abbie's sholder.

Clapping hands made Abbie jump and the flame become gray smoke. Axile stood up.

"Well done, keep the gloves," Axile said, standing up and gesturing them all to join him.

Abbie stood next to Jay grinning like a fool. Jay had a annoyed expression on his face, so he nudged Abbie using his elbow.

"Jay, you power s great but you must learn to put that power into better use. Try not to block so much, block only when you need to. Then attack with all your might," he told Jay, putting a hand on his sholder. "Abbie, your combat skills are useless, Roi will be able to help you there, your Mystical Power also needs some help. You do show promise tho'. Now! Off you all go! Ashi should be waiting outside."

Spoiler! :
Now this chapter is set in 3rd person as it'll show when an other character is to take control of the story. So when a 3rd person view is written expect a new person telling the story.
"Is the glass half empty? Or half full?"

"Well, if I turn on the tap I can make it full!" ~ me.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:29 pm
bryan says...

Im a fan already. i havent really followed this novel but jumping into the middle of it makes me want to start from page one. It could use some more action though, well not neccesarily action but imagery. like this part:
Jay took his sword, spread out his legs a little. While watching this Abbie giggled to herself calling this scene the 'Jay Battle Pose'.

Axile swung his sword. Jay held up his sword and just manged to block the incoming swing. Huffing, he pushed Axile away and ready himself for the next move.

Next time Axile thrusted his sword towards Jay. Jay turned his feet and jumpped side ways. He landing neatly then tried to slash Axile. Seeing his move Axile hoisted up his leg and kicked Jay's sword. The sword flew from Jay's sweating hands.

Get some like sly remarks or some catchty phrases in hear from the characters. But i cant really complain your good, well better than me anyway. i think im more of a review type rather than story writer. I love reading and creating stories in my head but not really good at bringin them to life. Keep it up though. Are you going to publish this? if so i want a signed copy. Haha =)
*Imperfection Perfects the Heart*

Work expands to fill the time available for its completion.
— C. Northcote Parkinson