z

Young Writers Society

Prologue and Chapter 1 part 1

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 pm
paraperson says...

Hey, it's Paraperson! I haven't posted anything since the dawn of time, it seems, so here's a little something for you. I actually found this on my computer one night and apparently my sister wrote it. She's the shy type, so I'm posting it on my account since she doesn't have one. She's a novice writer, so if you have any good advice for her, it'd be really welcome! Enjoy!

Prologue-

Nighttime was the best time to move, to deliver the message, to keep it a secret from The King. Of course, he had spies, but the message was well hidden into the dagger, and the dagger wouldn’t let anyone touch it, especially one with a heart that was full of greed for power. Thud. The strum of the sinew on the bow made her wince. Peeking out of the vines, she checked to make sure that her victim hadn’t moved because of the sound she had made. The dagger was in sight, good. The second arrow slid silently through the night and buried itself deep into his back. When he felt the pain, he knew it was already too late. The mission had failed, but he was close enough to the village, “Maybe, just maybe…” When she got to him, she screamed and plunged her sword into his chest. The nice gurgling sound made her calm down a bit. That faggot! He threw the dagger into one of the houses in the town! She bit back a curse as she prepared the corpse for travel. Maybe The King can interrogate his spirit.

Chapter 1:

“Nothing, absolutely nothing happens for the better” I thought as I sighed and stared at the weapon buried in the wall, its hilt was the only thing that stuck out. Nobody dared touch that thing, and when I moved in, the previous owners told me that the house was haunted and they’d give me no refund if I found any supernatural things going on there and disliked the house. Fine. At least it was a big house for a cheap price. It seemed cheery enough while it was sunny out. The room I decided to sleep in wasn’t furnished very well and the dressers were filled with stuff that I had stolen from the village before I was on the run. Tired from being chased, I went to sleep. I dreamt I was clutching a dagger, running, running, always looking back to see if they were gaining on me. I noticed the dagger I carried had the same hilt as the one on the wall, except the jewel was orange instead of the lifeless jade green stuck on the wall. Why? What? Is this even me as me? Or am I a different person and the dream was of the past? There seemed to be some inaudible yelling in the background. When they got close enough, they started firing arrows at me. That was when I pulled out another weapon, 2 blades. One was white, the other was red (fire and ice I’m not sure). I used that to fend off the arrows for a while until somebody with a straight sword jumped out of the forest wanting to fight me. We sort of dueled and I received a cut on my wrist. That was when I woke up with a start. Was that fight even real? Wait, why do I have a scab on my left wrist? Everything got drowned out when I heard somebody was pounding at the door hard enough to make it shake. Did I already make enemies here? Crap, I forgot to take my sword with me when I ran away. When I peeked out, The Officials were there. “What on earth? Why would The King want them to come to this house?” I muttered under my breath. Instinct drove me towards the wall, the dagger was throwing orange and red sparks out of the gem which scared me beyond common sense. Without thinking, I grabbed it and yanked it out. It came freely, its edges not even touched by rust from the half-year that it stayed buried in there. The hole mended itself, sort of like seeing string weave itself into a rug. Right after I noticed that, the door was kicked open by the officials.

They dragged me out and interrogated me,

“Why’d u move in?”

“Is there anything odd?”

“What did the previous owner say?”

“Is there a dagger in the wall?”

“Why do you always scream at night?”

Things like that. My head was swimming by then and I shook my head and told them that the previous owner thought that the house was haunted, and I usually have very vivid nightmares that I usually scream to wake myself up, which was a total lie. When I finally went to bed for good, though, I realized that the dagger had a thin coat of frost on it. The question about the dagger startled me and when I held it up to the moonlight, intricate carvings decorated the hilt and the gem was carved into the likeness of a snake. The carvings seemed… odd, yet familiar, just like the runes on the blade, like a half-forgotten dream. I did remember the folklore that the villagers told me when I got there.

“The thing lodged in the wall? Oh, that, rumors said that if you merely touched the hilt, you would burst into a pillar of flames!”

“The weapon is magic; I swear the weapon is magic! It was said to kill more curious villagers than the festival of 17, when boys would fight each other to see who was the strongest, and the most fit to be leader among them.”

I moved into the village after my dad had committed suicide and the villagers I lived with had had enough of me. They decided to chase me out at the middle of the night, which is why I ended up buying a cheap house. All the villagers over there shunned me and I earned the nickname “Woodpecker” and “Poison Princess” as well as my already famous nickname, “Demon’s child” and so, all of the thoughts flew around my head as I fell asleep again, but this time, there was no dream, when I woke up, the room was sort of blurry, I guess it sort of felt like blinking, I ended up in a nice, furniture-filled room, golden light pouring through the window. What? Didn’t I just fall asleep in a poorly furnished room? I didn’t notice the dagger had turned into a bracelet overnight until I felt this unusual weight on my wrist. When I looked, it was the same amulet and jewel, except this time, the jewel was ice-blue.

“Mira? You up yet?” I froze. Yes, that was my name, but the feminine voice sounded unfamiliar. Nobody should know my real name. I usually went by Nel outside of home.

“Yes…” I answered, getting out of bed and looking in the dresser. Odd, I don’t remember ever getting a gown to sleep in. These dresses were the ones that most rich people wore in the village I just moved to. I picked a long sleeved navy blue one with silver designs. Taking a quick glance in the mirror, I decided to brush my shoulder-length blonde hair. The violet eyes staring back at me were still mine, yet not mine entirely. I still remember being taunted and shunned because of those. My old village’s future-teller died right after I was born, after making the prediction that the violet-eyed one will bring about destruction and reform. Feeling dizzy, I immediately closed my eyes and when I opened them, I was back inside the old house, yet wearing the same things I chose out of the closet at the “rich house” I also noticed that I was clutching the dagger again instead of wearing the bracelet charm. How odd… I also had the sheath hidden in my dress. Hopefully the library has some information about this.
After a hearty breakfast, I immediately set out to the middle of the village. Nobody gave me funny looks, but a lot of people immediately looked down at the ground when I passed by.
Without art, life is pointless.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:28 pm
bobcat303 says...

JSS CRST PARAPERSON THIS BETTAH BE TOTEM OR ELSE I'LL **************** THE ***********8INHG ***************** OUT OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!V oh btw im making fanart for u for ur christmas gift. i put on deviantart and link to ur site so moar ppul see ur work. I'll mail the original fanart to u too when i finish. ^^

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 pm
wtbh says...

This is a good story that you have going right now. Looking forward to reading more by you. It's very exciting and fun. Extremely enjoyable to read. You have quite the act for creativity. You left me with questions in my head, and that's more than always a good thing in a book. Again, can't say this enough, but really good. Can't wait to read more. Keep it up!!! :)

~wtbh

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester