z

Young Writers Society

Hidden- Chapter Nine

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:33 pm
EvensLily says...

Chapter NINE: MAGNUS

Nate cursed as Magnus tumbled on the floor on top of him. Magnus watched as Nate bounced up from the floor and disappeared, he was flashing Magnus suspected; he just stayed sprawled on the floor. Normally if a mortal being tried to push Magnus, he’d laugh, but he fell to try and let her get away. In some sense he wanted to get caught. He was sick of his stupid little brother thinking he could get away with everything, this would show him. He had killed the werewolves, it wasn’t surprising really and Magnus wasn’t that bothered. He hated werewolves. They had taken over after the Vampires let themselves get caught. Welcome to the sixteenth century and when Vampire hysteria hits Europe. Not that they managed to capture any, mostly they just killed their own people. The werewolves had been gaining more and more power in the Silence (Vamp Government) while vampires went into hiding, and suddenly Werewolves had kicked them out of Europe and had successfully kept them out, till now.
“Stupid Nathanial” Magnus muttered as he straightened up. The Silence at that time ran a mortal division, The Jenna Family, The Keller Family and the most powerful of them all, The Rose Family, those families’ where the aristocrats of the United Kingdom, France and Spain and were all mortals. They helped keep the Vampire and Werewolf societies hushed for a profit and were very successful. When the Vampires were kicked out of Europe, Magnus’s father made a pact with the Rose family. The first female to be born to the Rose family would marry his first born, Magnus, which meant his family, could move back to England. He was in Virginia when the news came to him that the Rose family had a daughter, Lily. Magnus had looked at the photo of the nine year old and couldn’t help but smile back. Lily Rose was destined to be his bride.
He wasn’t supposed to meet her until she was twenty but Nate had fucked it up, like he did with everything. Nate appeared out of nowhere.
“You freaking idiot, she’s gone”
“Good” Magnus said brushing himself down.
“You know what she’s going to do now... she’s going to tell all the werewolves she loves so much and they are going to tell the Council and we, are going, to be fucked”
“I can’t believe you got me into this mess” Magnus snarled and pushed Nate out of the way.
“Correction, you got yourself into this mess”
“I’m phoning Clay”
“Excuse me? What did you just say?”
“I’m phoning Clay”
“Why the hell are you phoning Claymore?”
“Because unlike you, Clay has some sense, she’ll tell us what to do”
“You can’t tell Claymore, she’ll tell father”
“Oh boo-hoo, will daddy find out little brother’s been naughty?”
“Oh shut the hell up Maggie, you can’t tell our sister”
“I am and I’m not going to enjoy doing it”
Magnus walked down the hall and down the stairs into the living room. He turned on his phone for the first time since he had been in Scotland.
101 missed calls
53 new messages
He had only been gone for a day and, as he guessed, they were mostly from Claymore but a couple were from Ruby, Claymore’s Girlfriend, like girlfriend, girlfriend. She hadn’t told anyone else but Magnus that Claymore and Ruby were a little closer than people expected. He hit the green button, the one thing he liked about the twenty-first century... mobile phones.
“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU? I HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK, MOTHERS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK BECAUSE WE JUST HEARD A RUMER YOU ARE IN SCOTLAND, PLEASE TO GOD TELL ME THAT IS NOT TRUE”
“Clay calm down”
“Where are you?”
“Scotland” There was a pause.
“Scotland?” She whimpered. “I can’t lose you Maggie, come home NOW! They are going to kill you, both of you”
“We would but Nate decided he’d start killing werewolves”
“Fine, come home and leave Nate to clean up his mess”
“Like that’s going to happen. Clay what do we do?” She signed.
“How many has he killed?”
“Two”
“Well, that’s not too bad, Listen, just get the next ferry out of there and please to god tell me, tell me you haven’t gone to find Lily”
“No” Claymore knew immediately that he had lied.
“Oh for crying out loud”
“No! I didn’t, she found me”
“Oh god, she saw you? Does she know anything about you?”
“She does now”
“What are you saying Magnus?” Oh no, she had called him Magnus.
“She knows about werewolves and vampires... well, I’m guessing she does” Clay growled.
“Is she pretty?” Magnus eyes widened as his sister asked the question.
“Why do you care?”
“Duh! She’s going to be my sister-in-law, I want to know if she’s pretty” Oh, gosh Clay, she’s gorgeous. Her watery green eyes and her tear stained face came into view in front of his eyes. She was a little skinner then he had anticipated but no matter, when he turned her she would fill out a bit. He smiled at the memory of her snuggling into him when he helped her out the car, how her ginger hair sparkled in the moonlight.
“She’s okay I guess”
“Oh” Claymore sounded disappointed “Listen, just stay put, if you need me text, and Ruby and I will come right there, understand?”
“I thought you said I should get the Ferry?”
“Just stay put, I heard from Ruby just then that they are searching all the Ferry’s and airports, the mortals think there has been a terrorist threat, and by the way you should be glad you aren’t at home”
“Why?”
“Because dad’s gone ballistic; Bernard Rose just sent an anagram, he might be calling off the wedding”
Write and Smile people! X

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:37 pm
davantageous says...

I know what to say, except not how to say it. I love this story. The end. It is legit.
Davantageous

"Honestly, I think the world is going to end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices."
— Dean Winchester