z

Young Writers Society

The Magical Diary of L.L.P--part 3

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:54 pm
Mikko says...

Spoiler! :
I haven't been feeling very well lately so the inspiration for Lily was just not there. But I did manage to write her another diary entry. I hope you enjoy this one as much as the previous ones.

Dear Moon,

I haven’t been writing for a few days, not because I have been busy, but because sometimes I forgot or I was too tired. Not much has happened throughout the week and even if something had happened, I wouldn’t be able to describe it properly.

But something good happened today, which made me remember that I had to write today. I received a letter from Albus earlier than I had expected and I was so excited when I saw Xedo return with a letter in his beak after so many days of jumping to the window every time I heard an owl flying near the house. I’ve decided to stick the letter in here so that I would keep it forever. My first letter, addressed to me, from my brother’s first year at Hogwarts.

Dear Lily,

Since when do you know how to write?
Anyway I was so happy to receive your letter and I know that if I start telling you everything, you might get upset but I’m still going to answer your questions.

First of all, I got put in Gryffindor just like everyone in the family! On the first night we had a huge banquet with really delicious food and I met lots of people who were going to be in the same house and year as me. I made friends with my four other room mates. They’re all very nice. I’ll tell you all about them soon- when I come for Christmas. But I don’t understand something: one of our prefects in his last year is called Harris Granger and he’s also a muggle-born. Do you think he’s related to our Aunt Hermoine? (Happy birthday to her by the way) Well maybe it’s just a coincidence.

Anyway, school is great and learning magic is even better than anything! It’s amazing! I had my first ride on a broom three days ago and everyone said that I should become like mum and dad and play quidditch. It’s weird how everybody knows me because of dad. Sometimes it’s really hard because they all expect me to be just like him but I’m not. It’s also hard for Rose. Everyone thinks she’s supposed to be the smartest of the year but she has more of a passion for quidditch. But we’re alright. I’m sure it’s only like this because it’s the beginning of the year. It’ll all be fine by the time we’re in January.

No, I don’t get to see James often. The school is so huge that even at meal times I only see a tuff of his black hair. He seems to have a lot of friends but I don’t know them. I did see him once though, in the Gryffindor common room. That was the day I received your letter. We read it together and he says when I reply I should say hi. So hi :)! He too was surprised that you had tried writing. One day you’ll be just like mum!

How are they by the way? I miss them a lot, tell them I said hi and that I miss and love them lots. Please don’t tell them I’m having a hard time with my reputation as a Potter, I don’t want them worrying.

Fred has already included Roxanne in his family business and they’ve already taken over the school with their Weasley Wizard Wheezes. None of teachers have found out yet. I don’t know how they do it, maybe it’s because no one would expect Roxanne to do such a thing. She’s so sweet and kind to everyone, especially to teachers. But they suspect Fred of something mischievous since his dad and namesake were known for their mischievous Weasley acts.

I hope you and Hugo are enjoying yourselves, we all miss you too. I have to go because it’s almost lights-out. If they catch me, I don’t know what will happen to me. So I have to stop writing.

Write back soon!

Albus.

It made me so happy to read his letter because I missed him a lot and to find out that he was having fun but that he was busy at the same time made me wish that I could share that experience. In my heart I promised I wouldn’t tell mum and dad about his hard time with a ‘Potter’ reputation and I knew it must have been hard for him. Even for me it was hard because everywhere I would go with dad, people would always say that I should be so proud of him. Or that I should follow his steps and my grandmother Lily’s.

His question about that Harris Granger guy made me wonder. Could he be related to Aunt Hermione? Speaking of her, it’s her birthday tomorrow and we got her a very beautiful pair of red high heels. Mum’s choice. She said red suits aunt Hermione and that it reminded her of the dress she wore at uncle Bill’s wedding. Was that a good thing or a bad thing?
Anyway, I don’t have anything else to write.
I’ll write about tomorrow’s party tomorrow evening if can.
Bye!

L.L.Potter

18/9/2017
Attachments
tmdllp.jpg
tmdllp.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 210 times
tumblr_lk4lezFxda1qhgawto1_400_thumb.jpg
tumblr_lk4lezFxda1qhgawto1_400_thumb.jpg (76.26 KiB) Viewed 257 times
Last edited by Mikko on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:11 pm
purpleandblue22 says...

Did anyone ever tell you, editing your work is incredibly hard? I honestly can't fand any errors.

I love Lilly's voice in all this. She sounds so innocent. Please find inspiration to write more!

Feel better,
--Bee--
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."Ralph Waldo Emerson

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:30 pm
Justagirl says...

Mikko wrote:
Anyway, I was so happy to receive your letter and I know that if I start telling you everything, you might get upset but I’m still going to answer your questions.

Mikko wrote:
I’ll tell you all about them soon - when I come back (or home - your choice) for Christmas. But I don’t understand something: one of our prefects in his last year is called Harris Granger and he’s also a muggle-born. Do you think he’s related to our aunt Hermoine (happy birthday to her by the way!)? Well, maybe it’s just a coincidence.

Mikko wrote:
If they catch me, I don’t know what will happen to me - so I have to stop writing.

Great job with another entry!! I loved it - as usual and even though there was only one it was nice :wink:

I only found the few problems that I pointed out above - you're really good at having no mistakes, it makes for easy editing :)

Good job!

Keep writing,
Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:15 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Hi Marco! :) Here to review! :) SO ARE YOU READY FOR THIS AWESOMENESS?

Xedo, our owl.

You need to add something, so the reader knows its an owl.

Just a quick note, I would suggest you not put the letter in quote. Maybe in italics? It disrupts the flow of the story.

Could he be related to Aunt Hermione?

I liked the length of this entry. Not to long, not too short. And I'm talking bout the entry, not the post.. But anyway, good job as always. I enjoy reading this novel, because you put some much thought into it! : ) maybe I'll start my own HP fan fic, and then we can write fan fiction together, along with Amore. But anywho, I'm rambling again. The only problem I had with this post was the letter in quotes, and that wasn't a big problem! I don't like it, but if you don't change it, I can understand. It kind of does look more lettery, but I still think it should be in italics. XD. You have the skill to write a younger child, which I appreciate. I couldn't do it.
Also, remember that
aunt Hermonie
isn't grammatically correct. It should be Aunt Hermonie. Just a little nitpick.

Good job as always!
Love,
Annnalane.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:07 pm
Charlii101 says...

Again, you seem to sweep me off my feet and into this magical world where i am going through the steps with Lily and feeling everything she is feeling. there is so much emotion and imagination in here that it just takes over me completely. i love how your adding family member by family member and how your giving them individual characteristics. it'a just so perfect!
no faults
no edits
no bad things to say!
loving it!

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead