Young Writers Society

The Magical Diary of L.L.P --part2

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 pm
Mikko says...

Dear Moon,

I’m up bright and early this morning!

Yesterday dad told me something. I don’t know if it’s great or if it’s bad but I think it’s a bit of both. He said he has found a school for younger witches and wizards in France. I don’t speak French but I think Victoire could teach me, that’s not a problem. The problem is that it’s far and I’ll miss my family sooooo much and also they say if you go through the primary school years, you also have to do the secondary school too. That would mean no Hogwarts!!!!! Why do things have to be so unfair?? I wish I could go to school but then I won’t be allowed to go to Hogwarts… :’’’’’(

I didn’t write anything about it last night because I was really tired from a boring day and by the news I got. I kept asking dad how come they didn’t make it a school for younger ones as well. Mum answered and said that I was too young to start learning magic- that eleven was the right age. Dad whispered in my ear and told me you’re never too young to learn magic. I smiled but I was still a bit sad.

I asked him why he couldn’t make it for younger ones too since he is the hero of all wizards. He only said:
“Come on, my sweet little Lily, off to bed. All the lilies are fast asleep.”

I’m still waiting for Albus to answer me. I really want to know what he’s been up to. I guess it’s going to take about two more weeks for Xedo to drop his letter on my bed so all I can do is wait.

Oh! There is good news! I’m already awake because dad says he’ll drop me off at Uncle George’s and Uncle Ron’s shop! I hope Hugo will be there so we can try out all the new tricks and treats my uncles have come up with together. I heard they have made Hamburger Horcruxes! They come with a special surprise gifts: a ring you can eat that makes you see everyone in purple, a secret diary that when you write in it, the words disappear when you say a spell. I think it was “conceal my words” and to make them appear you have to say “reveal my words”. I don’t remember the rest of the gifts but today should be a lot of fun! I’ll ask them to enchant my diary so that it can also erase what I write (that way, when Albus and James come back, they won’t see anything)!

I’m off now, Dad’s ready to go and I’m really excited because today should be fun. I’ll definitely write later.
Bye for now.

L.L.Potter
10/9/2017

Dear Moon,

Today was the best day ever! Me and Hugo had so much fun at the shop, trying out everything that my uncles had invented. We even wanted to throw up at one part because of all the sweets we’d eaten! Thank goodness they did a spell to make our tummy aches go away.

We had the new and improved version of the traditional Puking Pastels (only we already really wanted to throw up!), we played with a toy version of my dad and of Voldermort. It was hilarious! Hugo played my dad and I played the villain- of course I lost because that’s how the legend goes.

The best part of all is that mum let me sleep at Hugo’s for the night and then tomorrow we’d be going to Grandma’s! It’s so great to get nice news all day long! But they didn’t charm my diary because they said I would need a wand for that and since I don’t have one, it wasn’t going to be possible.

Oh well. That couldn’t upset me today because it was an amazing day. Although, when we passed by Olivander’s wand shop, I remembered when we went in there only a few weeks ago for Albus. It made me remember Albus. And James, and Rose and Roxanne and Fred… It made me remember Hogwarts. It made me remember that I still had to wait about a year, eleven months and three weeks…

Oh well. It doesn’t matter because I know that I will be able to survive until then. Besides, I have to go to Hugo’s house now.

I’m leaving you here, don’t worry you’ll be safe, in a hidden place.
See you in two days!
<3

L.L.Potter
10/9/2017- later that day.

Dear Moon,

I’m back! And I have many things to write today!

Okay, let me start with what happened the day before yesterday. That was when I slept at Hugo’s.
Mum and dad both dropped me and as usual they had their adult conversations with Hugo’s parents. So Hugo and me went off to chat and play. We talked about the day we had had and how we couldn’t wait to try out more new Wizard Wheezes.

We started arguing because I said that he could get all the wheezes he wanted since his dad worked there and he said it wasn’t true- that I got everything I wanted because my dad was a hero. I said it wasn’t true. That life was unfair for me too. And anyway I didn’t mean to sound rude when I said what I told him, but he thought I was being mean. We didn’t talk for a while and I went back to the sitting room, where our parents were.

“Lily, where’s Hugo?” Mum asked me. I shrugged my shoulders and went to sit down next to my dad.
“I see there’s a little problem here. Why is my little lily-flower upset?” He asked me. Hugo came in the room too and he didn’t look at me. He went to sit on the floor beside his mum’s feet.
“Looks like they’re angry at each other,” Uncle Ron said smiling, “what’s the matter?”

“She started it.”
“I didn’t!”
“Yes you did. You said I always got what I wanted!”
“Yeah but you said I was spoiled!”
“Well…” I hoped he wouldn’t say ‘it’s true’. I would have cried.

“It’s okay, kids. That’s enough. Lily come and sit next to me, poppet. And you, young man, sit up onto the sofa.” Aunt Hermione wanted us to be friends again. “Don’t argue over silly little things, alright? The two of you are the very best friends ever and I can’t believe you’re fighting like this. You know who you remind me of? Your fathers. They used to fight like this but they realised it was all for rubbish. Isn’t that right, Ginny?” Mum nodded.

I said sorry to Hugo, he accepted my apology and said sorry back. Though I know inside he was hurt. I think it’s because I was a tad bit mean because it was true that I got what I wanted. Dad was always really nice to me.

I remember it so well because we didn't usually fight. Anyway, Hugo is my bestest friend in the whole world so when we had that fight, I was really sad. But things got better and we went back upstairs to play. I don’t exactly remember what we played at or what we said after that but I do remember that mum came to tell me goodnight before leaving. She said she hoped we wouldn’t stay up too late and that we wouldn’t bother grandma the next day.

About Grandma, yesterday she made us dust a few shelves but said there was not much work to do. We were sitting in the kitchen eating lunch and she started talking about how she wanted to see how Louis had grown, and if Dominique was managing with her OWLs revision…She said she had to write to my uncle Bill or that she’d pay him a visit at the bank…

Sometimes me and Hugo were a little distracted. Grandma is old and she seems to talk on, and on, and on…But I think it’s because she’s so lonely and Hugo and me are not the only ones feeling alone and bored.
When she tells us stories of when her own children were running around causing mayhem, it’s hard to believe because the Burrow is so empty and deserted now. She only has grandpa left but he’s still not retired so she’s pretty much alone all day. Like me when I’m stuck at home all day.

Later in the afternoon, mum came to pick us up which meant Grandma could talk to her for a while. She started with how she missed her “little Ginny who constantly talked about her green-eyed Harry”. I then overheard them talking about getting together for aunt Hermione’s birthday coming up and I rushed to tell Hugo. He told me he’d heard his dad tell Uncle George something like that when we were in the shop the other day.

And when Dad got home this evening, me and Mum told him we needed to get her a present. He said tomorrow we’d be heading to London and buy something from an ordinary muggle shop.
So to end, I had a good day today- and yesterday. But now I’m completely knackered and all I want to do is go to bed.
So I guess it’s bye-bye.

L.L.Potter
12/9/2017
Attachments
tmdllp.jpg
tmdllp.jpg (15.85 KiB) Viewed 231 times
tumblr_lp8c9aWnKC1qmt5mvo1_500_thumb.jpg
tumblr_lp8c9aWnKC1qmt5mvo1_500_thumb.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 287 times
Last edited by Mikko on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:02 am
View Likes
purpleandblue22 says...

Again, you failed to dissapoint! I searched through it and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I'm just wondering, who is Roxanne? I might have just missed reading about her (I haven't read the book in a while) but now I'm curious.

Please keep writing,
--Bee--
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."Ralph Waldo Emerson

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:19 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

This was great!

I already read the first part of it and it was also awesome :) And this part was just as good.

I don't really find any problems with your characters or anything, I think you portray them all really well. I can't wait to hear more about Hugo and Lily - they seem so cute together!

Great job with this Mikko :wink:

Keep writing,
Alzora
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Hi Marco! I'm getting closer to having everything in this novel reviewed! EKK I'm so proud of myself.

Mum answered and said that I was too young to start learning magic- that eleven was the right age. Dad whispered in my ear and told me you’re never too young to learn magic. I smiled but I was sad.

I can just see Harry, leaning over Lily's ear behind Ginny's back, being a kind of Sirus. That's just what he is. A Sirus. And a James. But he acts so much like Sirus... Sorry. Random. I love Ginny's attitude too. Just like her mothers! Loving and well fiesty! :D

Come on, my sweet little Lily, off to bed. All the lilies are fast asleep

aw. aw. thats so sweet!

Sigh…I’m still waiting for Albus to answer me.

Xedo to drop a letter of his letter on my bed so all I can do is wait.

Uncle George’s and Uncle Ron’s shop!

I heard they have made Hamburger Horcruxes!

MWHAHAA

that way, when Albus and James come back, they won’t see anything!)

Dad’s ready to go and I’m really

Hugo and I had so much fun at the shop

I know she is only 9, but I think it should still be grammatically correct. Just my opinion of course.

And James, and Rose and Roxanne and Fred(My other cousins)

I'm guessing?

Mum and Dad

“I see there’s a little problem here. Why is my little lily-flower upset?”

: D

You know who you remind me of? Your fathers. They used to fight like this but they realised it was all for rubbish. Isn’t that right, Ginny?”

MWHAHAHA

we wouldn’t bother Grandma the next day.

As always, nice chapter, and the nitpicks are only suggestions! LOVE IT.
~Annalane
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:08 pm
goofysmurf1 says...

WHEN WILL PART SEVEN BE OUT!?
go to page.php?id=1242 now please and subcribe

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:24 pm
View Likes
MariaRowlands says...

AHHHHHH! THAT WAS SOOOO TOTALLY AWSOME! BFF FIGHT! HAMBURGER HORCROXES!!! OMG THAT WAS AWSOME!
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:57 pm
Charlii101 says...

I absolutely L-O-V-E
i adore how young Lily sounds and how sweet and innocent she is!
just keep writing!!!!

When she transformed into a butterfly, the caterpillars spoke not of her beauty, but of her weirdness. They wanted her to change back into what she always had been. But she had wings.
— Dean Jackson