z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter- What happened after death, chapter 4

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Sat May 01, 2010 9:34 am
NaRachel says...

Emerald hooted, waking Harry up, for a short time he thought he was back at the Dursley’s with Hedwig. As much as he hated the Dursley’s it was a rather peaceful trance to be in. He sighed and pulled some clothes on. He nearly stumbled over Ron’s packed suitcase which lay in the very middle of the room. He went down to breakfast, and saw half the Weasley family including Hermione sitting there, although it was rather early. Harry thought they all must have been anxious to go on the holiday; there was no need to get up early to travel as they would all be apparating there.
“Morning,” said Hermione drearily.
“Morning,” replied Harry sitting next to her. “What’s up with you?” he whispered.
“Oh nothing, just sad to be leaving I guess,”
“Are you excited to see your parents?” he asked.
“I guess,” she said, laughing a little.
Harry looked at her quizzically.
“Well they’ll probably be angry that I didn’t go visit them earlier.”
“Won’t they just be glad you’re alright?”
“They already know,”
“How?”
“I mailed them a letter, there’s a post box in diagon alley.”
Harry shook his head, still after 7 years of knowing her he still marvelled at how much she knew.
“I’m sure they’ll just be grateful to see you.”
“I know but.. I dunno I guess I’d just rather be with you guys. I mean I certainly get along with you all better and I guess we’ve been together so long that its going to be strange without you and Ron."
They smiled in silence for a while.
“I’ll write to all the time okay,” Harry said trying to lift her mood.
“I hope so, why do you think I thought of the owl?”
Ron stumbled out the door, suitcase in hand and Mrs Weasley locked the door by magic behind him.
“Right now dears are you sure you will be fine apparating alone.”
“Yes we’ll be fine,” said Hermione.
She hugged Harry and Hermione. Hermione hugged Ron, Harry hugged Ginny and clapped Ron on the back and then Hermione hugged Harry.
Mrs Weasley turned to her family.
“Arther can you go with Ginny? And I’ll go with Ron.”
“But Mum I know how to apparate!” complained Ron. Harry heard Hermione pop behind him.
“Have you passed the apparition test?”
“No,” Ron mumbled.
“Well then you won’t be apparating solo.”
“But Harry can”
That’s when Harry decided to leave. He didn’t speak to the others of where he planned to go but the only place thinkable seemed Privet drive.
He arrived on the side of the all- too- familiar road with a deep sense of hatred within him.

Harry stood for a long moment, taking in everything around him. For a second he thought he heard a small pop somewhere in the distance but he concluded it to be his imagination. He saw a different car in number 4’s drive way and couldn’t get over how strange it felt. He took a few steps forward, trying to clear the overwhelming memories that now played in his head. Most were bad memories of his childhood but then he remembered the time where members of the Order of the Phoenix including Tonks, Mad-eye Moody and Lupin had come to rescue him. He sighed as he remembered that all three of them were dead, guilt flowed through him, pulsing strong as he suddenly thought of where poor Ted Tonks would be at that moment. Immediately he thought the whole trip pointless, just a waste of time. He wanted to apparate away but didn’t know where to go.
A lady in bright pink with blonde curls came into view, talking to a horribly familiar floating quill.
“Harry, long time no see.” She said.
“How did you know where I was?” said Harry, backing away from her.
“You apparated illegally and I just happened to see your name pop up while I was visiting the Ministry of Magic.” She said innocently though Harry believed she had been searching for his name to pop up.
“Come now Harry, don’t back away. You remember me don’t you? Rita Skeeter from the Daily Prophet,” she said holding her hand out, her pen still scribbling.
Harry instinctively turned around when he heard the squeak of a door opening.
“Harry come inside,” whispered Mrs Figg. Harry ran into her door and Mrs Figg closed all the curtains.
Last edited by NaRachel on Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 pm
midnightread says...

Hi NaRachel
Thanks for the pm.
I'm going to go straight into the nit-picks.
I saw a mistake but now I can't find it but I think it was something to do with the fact that you had missed a word so the sentence didn't read right.
Other than that I can see nothing wrong with it.
All I can say is keep writing and pm me when you post the next chapter, I want to know what happens next.
midnightread :elephant:
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
A wise man does not need advice and a fool won't take it.

Growing old is mandatory,
Growing up is optional.

Rugby is a thugs game played by gentle men,
Football is a gentleman's game played by thugs.

Random avatar

Reviews: 100
Thu May 06, 2010 9:13 am
NaRachel says...

Thanks again for reading:)
"You grow, you grow like tornado
You grow from the inside
Destroy everything through
Destroy from the inside
Erupt like volcano
You flow from the inside
You kill everything through
You kill from the inside"

Don't sit down and write because you're a writer; sit down and write because you have something to say. And if the sea of ideas isn't flowing, well, just tell me about your day.
— OrabellaAvenue