Suite Life of Z&C --- Dark Intentions - Chapter 4

Reviews: 3
Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:43 am
View Likes
brianbags says...

WARNING: Do not read this until you have read chapters one and two:

topic53806.html
topic53926.html

I don't like the cliffhanger as much in this one but it will suffice. Still a very important chapter nonetheless because a lot of information is given and hints pertaining to what's coming up. So more of a set up chapter I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4:

Jasper Burns awoke to the booming theme music that played during the “resolution” of his all-time favorite film, “Saw”.

“Dammit,” he said loudly, trying to enjoy what was left of the movie. “Thursday night movie. I missed it.”

Flipping through the limited number of channels the local Comfort Inn had to offer, he powered the television off, slammed the remote down, and thought about the difficult mission he would face the next day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Defenseless after seeing one of his best friends killed right in front of him, Cody just allowed the man to drag him down the steps. The man stopped in front of the main office, watching the show.

“WHERE IS HE?” one of the men said with a gun pointed at Principal Morris’ large temple.

“I don’t know! He’s not here!” he replied frantically.

Cody heard the pistol click from outside. He turned away, not caring to watch what could have potentially occurred next.

“Oh, you don’t want to witness this, buddy?” the old friend remarked. Cody shot a disgusted look over to him. The man smacked him and hastily pulled a hood out of his bag, fixing it on Cody.

Then Cody heard a faint ringtone…coming from inside the office. It was the “Saw” theme song tone. “How fitting,” Cody thought disgustedly.

“Oh okay boss. You got it,” Cody heard the man inside the office on the phone say loudly.
Boom! Another gunshot rattled Cody’s head. Shivering and still not looking up, he heard the squeaky office door open and a man approached, saying, “Alright Tom, he already got the other one, we’re done here.”

Carey’s eyes widened as she watched the footage being shown on the screen. The chopper zoomed in on the ambulances and police that, according to the telecast, had “finally arrived”.

“I…I…I gotta go,” she stuttered to Mrs. Bobby, hanging up the phone. She had absolutely no idea what to do next. With her eyes watering up, she ran away from the TV looking for her cell phone to see if anyone else had tried to contact her. Nothing. Phone in hand, she grabbed her purse and sprinted out the door and to the elevator. The car was conveniently parked at ground level, so she had to wait a bit for it to arrive at the 23rd floor. The doors opened a minute later as she stepped in and took the seemingly longest and most fearful elevator ride in her life.

Jasper Burns picked up speed after the stop sign that was stationed outside the parking garage at the mall on this lovely Thursday evening. Nervous about seeing his boss face-to-face for the first time they agreed via email that they would meet on the third floor of the parking garage walking distance from the mall. Jasper made his way up to the second floor, where he was halted by his mysterious superior.

“Hello Jasper.”

“Hello…?” he replied, making it obvious he didn't know the name.

“Don’t worry about the name,” he replied casually. “Now is everything still on for tomorrow? Did you plan it all out?”

“Yes sir. I think I got all the tools to be able to pull––”

“You think or you know?” the boss said, getting angry.

“Oh I’m sorry sir. I do have everything ready to go. I am going to get there early, take out the phone lines, the internet…basically cutting the school off of all communication with the outside world. I even found the thing you told me to get that blocks all cell phone signals within the vicinity,” Jasper said with a smirk on his face. “The only problem is…almost every store in the state of Massachusetts was sold out. I had to go all the way across the state to find this one. It only works for a half hour tops…”

The boss rolled his eyes. “Okay, I guess that will have to do. Now get the hell out of here.”

“Sure boss. See you tomorrow!”

Carey frantically stepped out of the elevator and ran over to the candy counter, pushing a customer aside.

“Maddie! Did you hear what’s happening?”

“Hey Carey. No, what’s the matter?” the candy counter girl said easily to the over-protective mother of twins.

“The boys! Their school! They went in lockdown! There are people hurt! Killed!” Carey freaked.

“Now, now let’s just calm down here for a second. I’m sure the boys and their friends are just fine.”

“Where’s Moesby?” Carey asked.

“I don’t know, but he told me yesterday that he needed to take a personal day.”
“Personal day! Ugh! He’s the manager of this hotel! Why is he taking personal days!?”

Carey’s phone started vibrating just as she was about start spazzing out to Maddie even more. Blocked number.

“Carey? What’s happening? Are Zack and Cody alright?”

Thomas Shadow waited at the Starbucks in downtown Boston for his supervisor to arrive. He didn’t like that he always had to meet his boss face-to-face, but he also knew he did not like to communicate on the phone.

“Hey James!”

His boss grinned as he walked through the doorway, happy to hear that Tom had remembered his alias.

“How you doin’ old friend?”

“I’m fine, how ‘bout yourself?” Tom said, pushing the French vanilla coffee over to him.

“Oh, thanks. Yeah, I’m just excited for tomorrow.”

“Yup, so am I.” Tom replied.

“So I’ve laid out our plan. I met with someone earlier tonight to close all the phone lines and everything so the school has a more difficult time getting a hold of the police. You two are going to go in to get the kids while I supervise and make sure everything goes according to plan. I’ll detail you more in an email.”

“Okay, sounds good,” Tom replied.

“Looks like we’re done here. Thanks for coming out and doing this on such short notice, I appreciate it,” he said seemingly sincerely as he rose from the table.

“Anything for you boss.”

“Listen Tom, I’d really like to thank you again for taking the blame, going to jail for almost two years, and never mentioning anything about what really took place. That was very good of you, even though that is expected from a client,” he said. He just had to stick that last part in there.

“As you said, that is my number one duty. I always have to protect you, James. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Jasper and Tom trotted out the front doors of the school, grasping Cody by the arms. Cody was in a daze; he couldn’t take all of this, he couldn’t figure out what was going on. The van pulled around to pick them up. The two walked around to the rear of the car, pulled open the door, threw Cody inside and climbed in after. Jasper shifted to the other side, where Zack was sitting uneasily. In unison, they pulled the hoods off of the boys. After Zack and Cody’s long, perplexing staredown, Zack swiftly turned his head and focused on Tom, the man he spotted outside earlier. Still not able to come up with where he recognized this guy from, he asked, “What is this? What’s happening?”

Tom spoke up and Zack finally placed the face and voice. Astounded, Zack looked at Cody and who was just staring blankly out the window.

“Go ahead boss, we’re outta here,” Tom said, ignoring Zack.

Zack twisted his neck, trying to see who he was addressing as the car began to accelerate.

“No, no, no. Don’t try; and if you haven’t noticed, kid, there’s a medal wall in between him and us, Jasper remarked rudely, pulling Zack’s body back.

The obnoxiously loud police car sirens finally sounded from the back end of the mini-van. Cody breathed a sigh of relief as he also heard the sirens coming from the front of the van.

“We’ve got company!” Tom shouted. “Get out of here! There’s no way in hell I’m going to jail again! GO!”

“THIS IS THE POLICE. STOP WHERE YOU ARE AND PUT YOUR HANDS OUT THE WINDOW.”

The driver just sped up, ignoring the law enforcement. Everyone in the backseat braced for impact as they were going well over the low parking lot speed limit. All of a sudden, the boss slammed his foot down on the break and collided with a motionless, bulky police car. The van bounced off the SUV, flied into a nearby tree, and tumbled over on its side.

Last edited by brianbags on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:23 pm
captain.classy says...

Ha! I really like this. I am actually scared for the twins!
I am wondering about Mr.Mosby, and if he is one of the culprits... I think that is what I am supposed to think.
I would like a little more depth on the explanations. You rush through this so quickly so you can get to the exciting part. But try to explain things a little further, like how Cody was taken and what he was feeling. I want more thoughts than just "oh gosh, what's happening?" you know?
All around good job. I think your story line goes along well with the Suite Life of Zack and Cody show.
~Classy

Reviews: 3
Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:45 pm
brianbags says...

Well between the end of last chapter and the beginning of Cody's part in this it's easy to assume nothing special happened after the guy in the class room shot Bob, took Cody and drug him down the steps.

And in the last section this was said: "Cody was in a daze; he couldn’t take all of this, he couldn’t figure out what was going on."

You're supposed to be confused in this story most of the time, but it will all come together in the last few chapters.

Bananas
— looseleaf